Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], Galvez, Moderator Team

vicomte
Atari User
Atari User

firebee available?

Post by vicomte »

(Google translation)

Hi all
go! I start, I wrote an email to order a firebee.
I don't know if I would have an answer and above all, I don't think they will make a firebee just for me :-)
but hey I would see.
or maybe of you will also be interested in a firebee ;-)
vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: firebee available?

Post by vido »

New FireBee is not available to be bought.
If there will be a new production run of it I believe it will be published on the FireBee web page.
But you can find all you need on the page to produce the FireBee yourself if you have knowledge and time to do ...
vicomte
Atari User
Atari User

Post by vicomte »

I wrote 2 emails but no response
Bengy
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Bengy »

How much would be needed for another production run, approximately?

I wouldn't mind becoming a US distributor (and finding a way to fund production) if it meant helping move the FireBee/community forward.
vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vido »

Bengy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:48 pm How much would be needed for another production run, approximately?

I wouldn't mind becoming a US distributor (and finding a way to fund production) if it meant helping move the FireBee/community forward.
I dont know how much is needed as this depends how much is somebody ready to fund of the production. The person who fund and organize has his own limits to start the production. There is no company or organization to produce the FireBee. Project is nonprofitable and public. All needed to produce the FireBee is freely published (available) to any one. First two runs were funded by Fredi Aschwanden (or his company Medusa Computer Systems). Everything else (regarding logistic) was organized by Mathias. He also (not just he) has list of the preordering people if there will be another production run. If you are willing to fund, help or organize with another production run you can contact them.

As I said ... everything is available free so any one can produce the FireBee. I am sure it is possible to produce FireBee cheaper as it was first two run, but that I believe depends of the quality and the garantie producer gives you for the product. The past runs were very good quality with great garantie. Production in China it would be for sure much cheaper as it was in Switzerland.
leech
Atari God
Atari God

Post by leech »

Bengy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:48 pm How much would be needed for another production run, approximately?

I'd buy one if they were made available, especially if they were available in the US.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Return to “FireBee”