Vidi ST 12 Driver Information

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

mrbombermillzy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Vidi ST 12 Driver Information

Post by mrbombermillzy »

At some point, I want to have a look at the Vidi ST 12 cartridge, with the hope of maybe getting it to run faster/be more compatible with the TT. And if I can, I will also go about making the interface a bit more intuitive!

Unfortunately, I have not found ANY documentation for the device (Vidi ST 'regular' version docs/drivers are easier to find.)

What Im specifically after, is knowing whether the capture card has a similar capture interface function as the older Vidi ST cart.

This was a file which was included and called from a user program. It was called VIDICODE.BIN. You would set the parameter header block and then jump to the main routine from assembly.

The (copied) driver disk I have with mine certainly doesnt have this file included. I just wanted to know if it was actually available for this version.

Many thanks for any help, even if you can remember IF it was actually included or not.

As an aside, both my version of the drivers (v1.00 and 1.01) and the ones available on the Atari wiki site both appear to be v1.00 according to the 'About' menu of the program. I cant notice any differences either.

mrbombermillzy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Vidi ST 12 Driver Information

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Dont you love it when you end up replying to your own posts....

So anyway, I was mysteriously sent the Vidi ST 12 manual through the post. 8O

For the next person searching for posts/information about Vidi 12 (probably in about 5 years time lol), the above mentioned program is NOT supplied anymore.

If anyone actually wants a copy of the manual scanned, let me know and I will try to get it done at some point.

Return to “Applications”