ACSPro 3.0.0 documentation English translation

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

ACSPro 3.0.0 documentation English translation

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

ACSPro (Application Construction Set) is a visual programming environment similar to Visual C or Delphi for Ataris.

The latest version 3.0.0 does have an English version of the application available, but until now, the documentation has only been available in German which limits the use of the program for English speaking users.

I have translated the ACSPro hypertext to English. It is fully translated minus the changelogs (history) section which doesn't affect use of the program and I can't be bothered to do. :lol:

The English hypertext is here: :cheers:
ACS3HYP.zip

I made a thread in the coding section discussing ACSPro and the examples included in the hypertext. It can be found here if you want a closer look. It has links to the software needed to get ACSPro up and running.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=39030

I hope you find the documentation useful and please let me know if you find any typos or errors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrbombermillzy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: ACSPro 3.0.0 documentation English translation

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Well, all I can say is a great job done here!

Im just merging the libs/includes now into my PureC installation. Then its on to follow the Ch4 tutorial.

Many thanks for all the effort you have put into this translation.

To anyone wanting to try it out, this is a greatly translated manual... None of your usual Google translated Pig English. :cheers:

mrbombermillzy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Just starting the app...had some teething problems...

Step I-01: Starting the app. Module wasnt displayed, just a blank screen. I had to choose 'File>Module' to get it to that state. (However, after closing the ACSPro3 app, it starts up like described from then on, so no real issues).

Step I-02: I cannot get the HELLO.ACS file created (as described in the same folder) and therefore...
Step I-03: ...the 'General' window does not appear. (Display just stays on the Module window.)

Im using HATARI v2.20 Win64 and TT high with 4MB STRAM and 8MB TTRAM on plain TOS 3.06.

Would have probably tried copying a blank text doc over to the folder from the GEM desktop and renamed it, but I wanted to keep with the guide! ;)

Am I doing something wrong here? (Im using ThorstenOttos online guide, so I can switch quicker; Im guessing theyre both the same?)

ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Post by ThorstenOtto »

mrbombermillzy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 pm
Im guessing theyre both the same?)
Yes they are. That viewer just takes the *.hyp file and converts it to HTML. I just have to upload it to the server so it appears in the list (should be the most recent version posted here). If in doubt, you can also upload your own version (that will be only visible by you).

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by cb »

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm
ACSPro (Application Construction Set) is a visual programming environment similar to Visual C or Delphi for Ataris.

The latest version 3.0.0 does have an English version of the application available, but until now, the documentation has only been available in German which limits the use of the program for English speaking users.

I have translated the ACSPro hypertext to English. It is fully translated minus the changelogs (history) section which doesn't affect use of the program and I can't be bothered to do. :lol:

The English hypertext is here: :cheers:
ACS3HYP.zip

I made a thread in the coding section discussing ACSPro and the examples included in the hypertext. It can be found here if you want a closer look. It has links to the software needed to get ACSPro up and running.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=39030

I hope you find the documentation useful and please let me know if you find any typos or errors.
This is impressive work... Thanks for the effort! :)
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Return to “Applications”