Two ideas for hatari

A forum about the Hatari ST/STE/Falcon emulator - the current version is v2.2.0

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, thothy, Moderator Team

Yvo
Atariator
Atariator

Two ideas for hatari

Post by Yvo »

Salut à tous et bon confinement. Que la saloperie ne vous atteint pas!
Enfermé et jouant à fond à Kick Off II The final Whistle, Lemmings et Manciola (que j'ai fini - je poste tous les codes !), j'ai 2 idées pour Hatari.
1. Lancer hatari avec un message dans la ligne de commande. ce message s'afficherait après l'appui d'une touche spéciale.
Cela permettrait de lancer hatari avec par exemple un code de jeu. Je demande cela car je lance tous mes jeux atari avec un lanceur de ma fabrication écrit avec Livecode community de runrev. Je suis sous debian.
2. Rajouter (avec option) le fabuleux bruit du lecteur de disquette comme avec l'émulateur amiga (non c'est pas moi qui systématiquement écrit Amiga-Apple à la place de corbeille sur le bureau).

In English with google translate (I am not guilty)
Hello everyone and good confinement. May the bastard not reach you!
Locked up and playing hard at Kick Off II The final Whistle, Lemmings and Manciola (which I finished - I post all the codes!), I have 2 ideas for Hatari.
1. Launch hatari with a message in the command line. this message would be displayed after pressing a special key.
This would launch hatari with for example a game code. I ask this because I launch all my atari games with a launcher of my manufacture written with Livecode community of runrev. I'm on debian.
2. Add (with option) the fabulous noise of the floppy drive as with the amiga emulator (no it's not me who systematically wrote Amiga-Apple instead of trash on the desktop).

Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Two ideas for hatari

Post by Eero Tamminen »

I don't think any of the Hatari developers is interested about these two features, but you can always propose your own patch to hatari-devel mailing list.

As to 1), do you mean showing the message in the emulated Atari screen? You can already do something like that with a trivial few line Atari program that shows the message it read from a file after key press

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mikro »

Why do you think Hatari devs would reject a realistic floppy access sound? IMHO it's a cool feature, as seen in SainT at least and it's great.

ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Post by ThorstenOtto »

mikro wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:57 am
Why do you think Hatari devs would reject a realistic floppy access sound?
Maybe because he is one of them? ;)
IMHO it's a cool feature, as seen in SainT at least and it's great.
At least for the retro enthusiasts, that would surely be great (as long as you can turn it off if it bothers you). I think all he wants to say is that they don't have the time/interest to implement it themselves. And IIRC, something like this has already been suggested.

For the 1st proposed feature: there are already ways to do that.

Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Eero Tamminen »

I meant not interested in implementing them themselves.

While the floppy sound would be nice, I think doing it well isn't very easy, as there are the real FDC emulation and less accurate FDC emulation to which one needs to integrate the floppy sound. Sound output needs to be mixed to other emulation output, which frequency is user selectable (SDL may help with that though).

One can always propose patches though. Maybe it's easier than I thought. :-)

Return to “Hatari”