Tempest 4000 on PC....oh dear

Discuss Demos / Games / Applications written by Atari coders

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

AnachronyX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Tempest 4000 on PC....oh dear

Post by AnachronyX »

leech wrote:Anyone know if/when the Linux port is going to be released? How is it fairing on other systems? I am still waiting for a port of Polybius, which is practically the same as Tempest anyhow.
It looks that someone got it partially work under Wine: "Works running Windows 7/8 executable with W.I.N.E. 4.13; I found the Xbox 360 controller working on my system. The Windows 10 executable did not work with W.I.N.E. Does not currently work with Steam Proton." https://www.protondb.com/app/688140
TempestNut
Atarian
Atarian

Post by TempestNut »

AnachronyX wrote:
leech wrote:Anyone know if/when the Linux port is going to be released? How is it fairing on other systems? I am still waiting for a port of Polybius, which is practically the same as Tempest anyhow.
It looks that someone got it partially work under Wine: "Works running Windows 7/8 executable with W.I.N.E. 4.13; I found the Xbox 360 controller working on my system. The Windows 10 executable did not work with W.I.N.E. Does not currently work with Steam Proton." https://www.protondb.com/app/688140
It says it's "BORKED" and the download is gone...
calle2020
Atarian
Atarian

Post by calle2020 »

Hello guys, would anyone be willing to share the fixed exe-file with spinner support? I emailed TempestNut over a year ago but he hasn’t been online since... after a year of waiting I’d appreciate it ☺️ Thanks
calle2020
Atarian
Atarian

Post by calle2020 »

Someone must have this fixed exe file right? I've been looking for it for years now... If someone PM me the file it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Return to “Non Atari Platforms”