Hybrid Arts MIDI sequencing

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Mixmaster
Atarian
Atarian

Hybrid Arts MIDI sequencing

Post by Mixmaster »

Hey Everyone!

Hope this is the right place to post this.

Quick background: We’ve been using the Atari here at the studio for MIDI sequencing since the late 80’s. Software of is CUBASE ever since it was called PRO24. I have several complete systems including monitors purchased over the years as “backups” until we totally switch over to doing MIDI plus audio on the PC. Even then we might keep the Atari’s around since I’ve become too attached to CUBASE for MIDI sequencing!

Anyway, a situation’s come up where it would really help us out if we could playback a few .SNG files originally recorded by Hybrid Arts SMPTE Track. (Not sure what version was used much less if it was SMPTE Track.) Years ago we used MIDIMOVER to convert these .SNG files into .MID so our client could work with them here in CUBASE. It worked but was a pain in the butt because we had to “rearrange” the converted tracks to make one continuous song. Long story not worth going into here.

Is there anyone out there willing to sell/share the Hybrid Arts software? Never used Hybrid Arts SMPTE track first hand, but I remember it came with a box that converted MTC to SPMTE etc. We’re currently using a SONUS SMX2000 for that so (maybe) there’s no need. Maybe there’s another (less costly) Hybrid Arts program that will still P/B the .SNG files? All we need to do is load the files, assign sounds, and hear what’s going on exactly as sequenced by Hybrid Arts. Hopefully the software won’t need a “dongle” like CUBASE does.

To answer a question that might be in the back of your minds, yes, this client is still working on six songs after like 13 years of putzing around. :( (Is “putzing” a real word?) :lol:

I’d be willing to trade some Atari “stuff” packed away in a closet that I’ll never use. Heck, I still have the Atari SLM804 laser printer. Parts anyone? :lol: Actually I have "tons" of stuff but never took the time to catalog everything.

Thanks for your time. BTW, I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago.
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Hybrid Arts MIDI sequencing

Post by charles »

i can help you tremendously ,, even if you send me those songs i can convert to standard midi....did you do your homework ,,all you had to to is search with the key word midi in this forum to find i am about the most valueable midi resource in this sub system..

charles i use hybrid arts for ten years and have cubase as well
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
Mixmaster
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Mixmaster »

Hey Charles

Well, I didn't do my homework by searching the forums. Sorry. It was a last minute thing (the post) and I couldn't spend a lot of time in front of the monitor since way too much time is spent in front of the monitor(s) in the studio.

I'd rather not send anyone's original material (music/MIDI files) out-of-house if you can understand. Besides, the .SNG files have already been converted to .MID as noted in my original post and loaded into CUBASE, plus...we've been working with those files CUBASE for way too long. Of course now they're .ALL files. It's just that a situation has come up where I personally would like to hear (and see) these tracks loaded into - and played back by -the Hybrid Arts Pgm.

Perhaps I'd be better off just looking to buy the software. Not that I care to spend anymore $$$ on the Atari platform, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. Maybe time would be better spent on my part putting together a list of Atari stuff I wouldn't mind trading or selling off.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

do youu have some decent midi you made for trade?

go to tims site ,

tims atari midi world

he got all u need even the most reecent edit tracks known as
smpte track 7 platinum
or maybe called
edit ttrack 7
but its the most recent to date and its free ware alike alot of this stuff.
once there go into the hybrid arts section.

i too love midi , what type of music do jam?
interest to hear back from u
charles
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
Mixmaster
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Mixmaster »

Thank you for the information on Tim's Atari MIDI World. Downloaded Edit Track 7 and was able to load the .SNG files originally sequenced in Hybrid Arts SMPTE track. It's been so long since working with a sequencing program this old I forgot how difficult and confusing it was to Sequence MIDI “last century“. No wonder I found (and stayed with) Cubase. Not sure if this will help the problem here but time will tell.

Most of the MIDI I’ve done over the years was original music for various customers and styles of music which would not be fitting to share with others without their permission. As for my own music, mostly instrumentals including some originals. Some complete songs, some short commercial-type tunes. I’ve also done holiday music for family as gifts.

Although I am slowly trying to get away from sequencing MIDI using CUBASE on the Atari it will be difficult since I’ve been using the program for so long. I don’t believe any program on the market today is as deep and powerful as CUBASE was on the Atari.

Return to “For sale / Wanted”