Show us your best view....

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Show us your best view....

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I thought it would be nice for some of us to share images of the best external views from our homes.

For those who don't know how to get an external view, I am referring to the open space Outside your house/flat, this can usually be accessed via hinged pieces of wood called doors, and will require you to stand up and walk away from the computer, sorry :(
Beware though as it may be a bit bright or cold/wet/windy 8O, better just take a picture from a Window like I did to be safe :wink:
Here is one I made earlier, taken from my Bathroom window during a bit of freak sunshine, most unusual for Rochdale this! :roll:
It is a nice fresh day today :D following the usual Monsoon which always accompanies our 5th November traditional night of burning things and detonating explosives.

That is not my garden BTW, the hills in the distance are the Pennines..
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Post by ST Graveyard »

Looks very beautifull ...
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Sister site :
Stonish.net
p01
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by p01 »

what kind of internet connection do you have in a green place like this one ?
Showaddywaddy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Showaddywaddy »

Well here's a view not out of my window.. but of my actual house (a converted 1849 Railway Station).

Shw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Post by aktiv8 »

Very nice view retro - remind me of scemery behind teh area I grew up in before moving to the big city lights of.... Cardiff (OK stop sniggering!)

And very nice place there to shw - bet it's worth a pretty penny you lucky bugger :D
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

p01 wrote:what kind of internet connection do you have in a green place like this one ?
I can assure you that had I taken the pic a little to either side of that frame it would have revealed the rather less green surroundings, that field is located in the middle of many many terraced houses (like mine ;) ), and although there are indeed many pleasant Victorian parks and fields in and around Rochdale, the place is still a dump, trust me.

The whole region I live in has the usual Cable / ADSL services available (up to 8Mbits, maybe more), I have Cable at 2Mbits/sec.

Shw, is that really your house? 8O
You really must be Showwaddywadded!! (boom! boom! Mike :wink: )

Jammy D-bugger! :P

Ok people, so we will also allow views of your house, either exterior or interior, the winner will be whoever lives in the biggest most impressive Castle/Chateu.
The prize for winning will be the eternal envy of all the lesser users...
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by sh3-rg »

grz, where's the for sale sign?
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

shPEArg wrote:grz, where's the for sale sign?
Probably around the front :) Directly oppoosite to where Grazey's standing (or his boss, G!) to take the photo.

The view you're seeing is from the rear of the house looking at the old platform side.

Still can't believe it's going for less than what a bog standard house is going for in my area :(
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
manicx
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by manicx »

Here's the cottage that I used to live just outside Dunblane. The view behind it was unbelievable as there were some beautiful fields with horses and stuff.
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Nice views .. I (personally) couldn't live anywhere too remote unless I got broadband :)

I hope you weren't there during the nasty bit of Dunlane's recent history?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
manicx
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by manicx »

Glad I didn't. I went there a few months later and one thing I learned when I went there is to not mention it.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I never knew you were Scottish Manicx, I of course assumed you are Greek.. :o
Looks very remote the old place there..
Some of you wrote:Where's the FOR SALE sign grz?, and it is going for no more than the houses around where I live (150k?).
Who is grz? is it another name for shw? if I am correct, where are you planning to move to shw/grz? out of Hull or just to an even nicer property?

Anyway, how about some more nice pics people...... :)
Views of Ugly Cityscapes are also welcome, I will do one of Rochdale from th'ills when I get up there on my (pedal) bike, amazing these Digical Cameras, I had to laugh at my brother though when he asked how to get the negatives out of it .......
manicx
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by manicx »

RetroGamerUK wrote:I never knew you were Scottish Manicx, I of course assumed you are Greek.. :o
Looks very remote the old place there..
I am a Greek that once I planned to start a life in Scotland but it didn't work.
simonsunnyboy

Post by simonsunnyboy »

Cool place to live, Grazey!
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I am confused again :?
Simonsunnyboy just said "nice place to live Grazey", now this could mean one of the following:
a). "Grazey" is Shw's other personality.
b). Shw and Grazey are different people who live in the same house which we have all seen as that nice Train Station conversion.
c). There is an invisible post from Grazey, picturing his place of residence.
d). I am grazey.
e). Grazey lives with me and I just haven't realised it yet.

Could someone please tell me which one it is??
Or are you leading me on a goose chase le wilde? I don't blame you if you are. :lol:
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Definitely E. haha!
Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Silver Surfer »

I can't be sure here... but if I would have to guess it would either be D or E. :ehum:
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by sh3-rg »

grazey...? showaddywaddy...? I get so confused, I need a superscene underground pseudo, too! They're known to do some really odd stuff over the other side of those hills but having two whole different names rules!

so go on Mug or grz, how much for the station house? I didn't want to be all nosey before but now after Mug's comments I *need* to know... or is mike now living in a super-affluent 1337 suburb?

I live in a bungalow in L/L and have only 1 decent view but it's dark so getting a big reflection of myself in the window holding a camera surrounded by what might possibly be the outlines of trees... not a good idea.

Almost interesting fact about where I live: less than 200m away there is a plce called 'Nob End'... no, seriously, have a google (not an image search, that might be a little risky ;)
prog99
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by prog99 »

Heres a recent sunset taken from the upstairs bedroom....
All my real skills are undervalued
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by sh3-rg »

"ooooooh" and "ahhhhh"! Edinburgh is gorgeous at ground level, too ;)
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

shPEArg wrote: so go on Mug or grz, how much for the station house? I didn't want to be all nosey before but now after Mug's comments I *need* to know...
Less than 200K but more than 160K! Same cost as a decent house in a non-chav area of Warrington (which also probably explains the high cost of living for such non-chav areas!).
shPEArg wrote: or is mike now living in a super-affluent 1337 suburb?
Ha! Birchwood is nice and quiet (well, the non-chavvy bit I live in) but it's too expensive for me to buy somewhere (with enough space to fit all my crap in). One bed studio flats at end of my road are going for 50K - may sound cheap, but 50K for a box ?? Due to me not being able to get a mortgage on my IBM pittance, and wishing to live somewhere close to the new job .. I'm paying silly money per month for a 1-bed house. As quaint as it sounds, it's still very small and not worth the near 90K that's being asked for similar properties in the area :(

Roll on the price crash we're being told about .. but only after Grz has sold his place :)

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Nice pic there xerud :o

shpearg, I know the Bolton area quite well, where is this "knob end"? as I am most amused by small minded things like this and would like to get a photo of myself stood under a "knob end" sign if one exists... :)
I have searched the routeplanners/streetmaps and cannot find anything called "knob end" in the U.K. :(
insanity
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by insanity »

From my front window I can see the lovely Leicester Forest East Services on the
M1... so be sure to wave next time you pass! South bound side (not trying to be gangsta there!)

Won't both up loading this 'brilliant' sight! ;)
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Thanks for the contribution Insanity ;), we can all imagine how nice that motorway must look from your room. :)

shPEArg, no need to bother telling me where "nob" end is (realising that "knob" is not what you said earlier), I found it today in Little Lever on my way back from Bolton and all I can say is - what a let down.. :(
Just a bunch of big greenhouses with a couple of horses in a field at the end of a rough surfaced street, and not a "nob end" sign anywhere :(
I also cannot be bothered uploading a pic, even if I took one, which I didn't.
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Here's front of my place .. not got great views except into other peoples back gardens!

Obligatory bottle of Waggle Dance by the bin .. ahem :)

Lots of books in the window (including some techy ones) and yes, that's an *ironing board* which is probably alien technology to some of the readers on here :)

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”