Post by CiH »

Death to double posts!
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"
mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: ChatGPT writes a GEM program...

Post by mikro »

Let's keep it (at least somehow) on topic, guys. Everyone curious about historical facts can google it these days, no need to bring it to Atari forum.
DarkLord
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by DarkLord »

sety wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:49 am
ThorstenOtto wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:07 pm I'm scared because people tend to take the output of ChatGPT as truth, without questioning it. If you feed it with enough "fake news", it will tell you one day that earth is the center of the universe...
The Church has been pitching that theory for over a thousand years and they still haven't convinced many. I don't think GPT can do any better. :lol:
Just for the fun factor, it has been discovered that, while acknowledging that the earth is assuredly not the center of the solar system, that our galaxy is "close" to the center. Close being relative to cosmic distances of course. Hey, let's ask ChatGPT about it...! :lol:
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 1040
m0n0
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by m0n0 »

mikro wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:39 am Let's keep it (at least somehow) on topic, guys. Everyone curious about historical facts can google it these days, no need to bring it to Atari forum.
Problem is, there are facts and also "alternative facts", and on top of that, there are different views on things. And we also talk about cyber-future, google cannot tell about that future.

I want to leave it alone, but it's hard not to call an untruth as such.
Last edited by m0n0 on Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m0n0
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by m0n0 »

Ragstaff wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:23 am It is not the destructive result that is clever or stupid. It is the mechanism that is clever or stupid. A caveman dropping a rock on the head of a baby deer may not be clever destruction. Hacking into a countries missile defence system and turning the missiles around onto itself, may be very clever destruction. Nuclear physics, as evil as some of the results have been, must surely qualify as "clever".
I don't care about the label "clever" anyway. Who cares. The fact is autonomous AI drones that can deliver a grenade to an assassination target has CONSEQUENCES.
Whether it is clever or not is irrelevant.
It is disruptive, it is change, it is a new threat. If you don't believe me go on the dark web somewhere and watch countless hours of footage available from Ukraine, of these assassinations taking place. It is horrific, it is real, it is happening in this world now. Dismiss it and laugh at it, call it names all you want, at your peril.
I totally agree with several points you made, just look how quickly this topic turned into political and war stuff. I believe AI can write a "flawless" GEM program, if you do some finetuning.

But GEM prg is not the problematic part. It's other aspects of AI that freightens me. I hope the human heart will not be lost in all of this. Well, it's probably to late.
m0n0
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by m0n0 »

CiH wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:31 am Tibet would disagree, also Vietnam in 1979 would have something to say.
Well, just wanted to mention, I did read a bit about it (Vietnam in 1979) and I think, China's role is not as innocent as I have described.

Tibet is probably a completely different story...

Just wanted to point out that I don't like that all this AI stuff is used for war. We can create much better things? :shrug:
Ragstaff
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Ragstaff »

m0n0 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:28 pmI totally agree with several points you made, just look how quickly this topic turned into political and war stuff. I believe AI can write a "flawless" GEM program, if you do some finetuning.

But GEM prg is not the problematic part. It's other aspects of AI that freightens me. I hope the human heart will not be lost in all of this. Well, it's probably to late.
Thank you, and I am glad you made me clarify that I was only using this development in China as an example. I didn't mean to pick on China.
I get that sinking feeling that it is too late as well. For better or for worse, there is so much more to come now.
Some humans will always use new tech for evil, but that's only part of this problem.
I also fear that the better impression AI does of sentience, the less people will value human sentience, and human life.
I'll stop the rant there!
Ragstaff
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Ragstaff »

ReadCode.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
souldream
Atarian
Atarian

Post by souldream »

m0n0 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:30 pm
CiH wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:31 am Tibet would disagree, also Vietnam in 1979 would have something to say.
Well, just wanted to mention, I did read a bit about it (Vietnam in 1979) and I think, China's role is not as innocent as I have described.

Tibet is probably a completely different story...

Just wanted to point out that I don't like that all this AI stuff is used for war. We can create much better things? :shrug:
For Vietnam, not only china, URSS as well at this time weaponized and helped comunist viets ... but USA never ack publicly to avoid a direct confrontation, like either for Korean war !
m0n0
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by m0n0 »

it's not just about armament, they also fought very bravely to push back troops from foreign countries. :wink:

Return to “Coding”