Ultimate Arena Falcon

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., lp, [ProToS], Moderator Team

MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Ultimate Arena Falcon

Post by MacFalcon »

Could anyone please share the Harddisk Files for ultimate Arena?

On le coin Info der tof Website I can Download MSA files but it didn't install on my Falcon :(

Best regards,

Chris
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Ultimate Arena Falcon

Post by Eero Tamminen »

Which version: http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_at ... ._S_G.html ?

Note that you can do the install / HD copy with Hatari on PC and zip the files so they fit to floppies (or whatever you use to copy things over to the real device).

At least the Falcon demo version works even under EmuTOS (it just does not recognize Falcon, so you need to select "Test" at startup).
MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MacFalcon »

I need the one in the middle (Falcon Version).

It doesn't work in hatari... I can start Installer and then it says data on Disk defective.

Would be great if anyone could help.
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Eero Tamminen »

MacFalcon wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:45 pm I need the one in the middle (Falcon Version).
All of them are Falcon versions I think.
MacFalcon wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:45 pm It doesn't work in hatari... I can start Installer and then it says data on Disk defective.
How you run the installer? Disk does not even open with EmuTOS, I need to use TOS v4. With 4MB it dies to "Bus Error writing at address $400000, PC=$31db6 addr_e3=31db6 op_e3=48d1" when booting from the floppy. With more memory, installer does not start automatically, but can be started from desktop. However, it then says there's not enough memory (after selecting C: as installation target), regardless of how much ST-RAM or TT-RAM I specify.

I tried copying all the files from disk to GEMDOS HD (with TOS v4), and that works fine, so the disks themselves do not seem defective. Installer still fails claiming not enough memory, regardless of whether I run it with EmuTOS or TOS v4.

As to the first Ultimate Arena Falcon version at AtariMania, that can actually be played directly from the floppy disk. I.e. with that, you could just copy the files to HD I guess.
Badwolf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Badwolf »

Eero Tamminen wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:01 pm How you run the installer?
I ran the (three disc) installer to completion on my Falcon using TOS404, a gotek and DFB1. Program seems to load up, but then asked me to enter some codes with the mouse and locked up.

Second run seemed to go into some demo mode, before asking for some codes again.

I couldn't seem to do anything with mouse or keyboard. I've no joystick nor joypad attached, so that may be the problem.

I didn't look into it any further, but the installation itself seemed to work.

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MacFalcon »

I used hatari and put the corresponding Image in the "Floppy". Tos 4.04/Falcon/14 MB
Ist corrupted
Installer worked but Emulator sa
evil
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by evil »

I installed it in Hatari with an IDE harddrive image. The game appears to work there.
But once copied to a gemdos drive or to my real Falcon (using the same path) it complains about illegal copy.
The files on the install disks are regular zips that can be depacked manually, but the game won't start unless installed via the POS installer.

I guess it needs cracking.
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by cb »

According to the manual you need both the disks and the manual to pass the protection test (see p11 of the attached manual).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Eero Tamminen »

evil wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:03 pm I installed it in Hatari with an IDE harddrive image. The game appears to work there.
But once copied to a gemdos drive or to my real Falcon (using the same path) it complains about illegal copy.
I had the same experience. The other version in AtariMania, one working on Falcon, but expecting ST low-rez, worked after being copied to GEMDOS HD.

(I do not think the Falcon version is significantly better. There are extra colors, but graphics aren't significantly better. The extra graphics just slow down things slightly, especially when they need to be loaded from HD image.)

It would be nice if somebody could debug why installer says that there's not enough memory, when one tries to install game to GEMDOS HD. Or why it does not recognize Falcon, when running under EmuTOS (and one needs to select "Test" option from startup dialog).
Badwolf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Badwolf »

Here's my hard disc install (was on root of drive H, if something breaks) which, when used with the manual (in the post above) seems to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hawlah5cojnrq ... .zip?raw=1

(link may not stick around forever, so if anyone wishes to host, please go ahead)

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by cb »

Thanks! I did crack the executable so no more 'illegal copy' message. Tested on Hatari with your install, and the game launches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Post by ST Graveyard »

Is there anybody in touch with the creator of the game, Theo Buzz, or know how to find him?
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter
bjkock
Atariator
Atariator

Post by bjkock »

Badwolf wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:59 pm Here's my hard disc install (was on root of drive H, if something breaks) which, when used with the manual (in the post above) seems to work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hawlah5cojnrq ... .zip?raw=1

(link may not stick around forever, so if anyone wishes to host, please go ahead)

BW
Works great on my Falcon (from any drive), even works with Nemesis in 24/48 mode (which makes the game a bit smoother and faster) and with cb:s crack there is no need for any manual. Thanks!!
cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by cb »

Good to know it is working for other people as well. I did a full run of the game up to the ending sequence. The final boss fight is weird!
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!
niki
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by niki »

hier finden sie viele Falkenspiele.
http://christophe.bray.free.fr/informat ... n_jeux.htm
MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MacFalcon »

Thank you so much my friends, will try this evening :)

Stay Atari,

Chris

Return to “Games”