Music Box 128k (STOS)

All about ST/STE demos

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

mlynn1974
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Music Box 128k (STOS)

Post by mlynn1974 »

As a follow up to my Jukebox (STOS) demo I have converted The Music Box 128k tunes from the Spectrum to the ST.

The tunes were written as demo tunes for the music composition tool "The Mark Time Music Box" by Mark Alexander. He was an accomplished games programmer as well as programming The Music Box. It was slow to load them from tape back in the day. They never even included a list of the tunes so you had to get the name from the header by using LOAD "" CODE before loading Music Box to hear them.

I don't want to convert hundreds of Speccy tunes to the ST, just the ones I like. These were some of the first 128k Tunes I heard on the Speccy and it's nice to hear them on the ST. I hope you enjoy the tunes as much as I do.

Sorry about the awful 8 pixel high scroller. I'm thinking of a better scroll routine to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Still got, still working: Atari 4Mb STe, 520STFM (x2), 2.5Mb STF, Atari 2600JR, Flashback 8 Gold.
Hardware: Cumana CSA 354, Ultimate Ripper, Blitz Turbo, Synchro Express II (US and UK Versions).
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Music Box 128k (STOS)

Post by Eero Tamminen »

Just tried it, works fine from Hatari GEMDOS HD with EmuTOS (which is not always the case with STOS code)!
mlynn1974
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Music Box 128k (STOS)

Post by mlynn1974 »

Thanks for testing. I don't normally test with EmuTOS.
Still got, still working: Atari 4Mb STe, 520STFM (x2), 2.5Mb STF, Atari 2600JR, Flashback 8 Gold.
Hardware: Cumana CSA 354, Ultimate Ripper, Blitz Turbo, Synchro Express II (US and UK Versions).

Return to “Demos - General”