Robinsons Requiem

All about games on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

niki
Atari User
Atari User

Robinsons Requiem

Post by niki »

I have the original Falcon game Robinsons Requiem and can upload the 4 disks if anyone wants.
lotek_style
Mod(ul)erator
Mod(ul)erator

Re: Robinsons Requiem

Post by lotek_style »

Atarimania needs a dump of the originals... but I guess they are copy protected? What are you using for dumping... Just copying the files may not enough.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 31812.html
lotek style / the sirius cybernetics corporation
- musician - ascii-artist - swapper - archivist -

.tSCc. - low-tech atari cyberpunks since 1990
http://www.tscc.de/ | http://demozoo.org/ | http://www.lotekstyle.de/ | http://ymrockerz.atari.org/
Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Post by Marcer »

Kryoflux wont do..

SCP or maybe .MSA will work (if you do msa on FALCON with MSA 1.4x)
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

Marcer wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 am Kryoflux wont do..
Why not?
Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Post by Marcer »

As far i know it dont support atari 1.44mb special formats
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_
niki
Atari User
Atari User

Post by niki »

So the only copy protection I know is the instructions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kodak80
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by kodak80 »

These MSA dumps don't load for me in Hatari or HxC Floppy Emulator.
Atari STF Remake H4 | Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Greaseweazel, Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards | MiniCosmosEx
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review
niki
Atari User
Atari User

Post by niki »

sorry I do not use an emulator and I do not have it for my STE / 4MB XL320KB Falcon 14MB are enough and with the MSA files you are right I do not know exactly how I will archive them then I will continue to use the cracked file.
ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by ijor »

alexh wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:26 am
Marcer wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 am Kryoflux wont do..
Why not?
Marcer wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:46 pm As far i know it dont support atari 1.44mb special formats
A Kryoflux should be able to dump any HD disk just fine. It is possible, however, that the Kryoflux tools can't convert the raw dump to an HD MSA file image correctly. I never tested that and I'm not very familiar with MSA HD images anyway to be sure.

But in the worst case it is possible to convert a Kryoflux raw images using other tools. It is even possible to convert Kryoflux raw to SCP.
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core
Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Post by Marcer »

I have dumped some 1.44 atari disks with kryoflyx. But never managed to convert into readable .msa or .st
- FTP... Ask for info
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_
Richard
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by Richard »

I have the CD version of the game, is there any protection on that?
emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by emcclariion »

My RR Originals are proper fooked, they must have used really crap disks....I will be creating a new set of disks to be put in the box with the originals
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb
neanderthal
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by neanderthal »

Doing msa 1.4x??,,maybe why i got adress error and stuff when quicktested a redump to disk.
Here is a dump of my RR disks outta box,,got sort of curious how they were.
These are msa 2.32 or as program states 2.3+ versions.
RR_DISK1.MSA
RR_DISK2.MSA
RR_DISK3.MSA
RR_DISK4.MSA
And is most likely just ordinary manual protection,dont think any boot sectors were even executable.
As Richard says
Richard wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:22 pm I have the CD version of the game, is there any protection on that?
On ST platform,,is most likely a clean ISO image with ordinary files since there never was a official cd-driver.
btw,would be nice to have clean copy of the CD..Mostly thinking if there was any cool extra stuff on it?

And oh yeah,you gotta have a preformated standard HD to dump'em to real disk,atleast my version dont do format on the fly.
A bit like standard boring PC,80 track 2 sides 18 sectors(desktop style)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by ijor »

Marcer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:28 pm I have dumped some 1.44 atari disks with kryoflyx. But never managed to convert into readable .msa or .st
I suspect it is probably just an issue of the Kryoflux convertion software. Try converting the raw dumps with some other tools, like HxC.
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core
emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by emcclariion »

just to add I dont think there is any protection on the disks as the document which come with it just say copy the files to the HD
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

Marcer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:28 pm I have dumped some 1.44 atari disks with kryoflyx. But never managed to convert into readable .msa or .st
This is incorrect Marcer. If the dump get sent to me, or posted here, i will process it.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !
Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Rustynutt »

Have the CD as well. My son was the gamer in 1995, can't say what's on the CD for sure.

Can create an ISO if there is a storage with high traffic so it's spread around.

Manuals are all in French, could get the wife to look at specifics, but doubt she could really pull much from it. Just the Dutch/American language between us barrier is tough enough :)

[/quote]
On ST platform,,is most likely a clean ISO image with ordinary files since there never was a official cd-driver.
btw,would be nice to have clean copy of the CD..Mostly thinking if there was any cool extra stuff on it?

[/quote]
dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dlfrsilver »

Rustynutt wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:00 am Have the CD as well. My son was the gamer in 1995, can't say what's on the CD for sure.

Can create an ISO if there is a storage with high traffic so it's spread around.

Manuals are all in French, could get the wife to look at specifics, but doubt she could really pull much from it. Just the Dutch/American language between us barrier is tough enough :)

[/quote]
[/quote]

I try to preserve the disks versions of the falcon 030 do you have some softwares ?
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

Return to “Games”