Post by ovalfastlx »

How to we activate this feature?

Thanks
spark2k06
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Bootcore feature

Post by spark2k06 »

ovalfastlx wrote:How to we activate this feature?

Thanks
Add these lines in MiSTer.ini and uncomment bootcore field:

Code: Select all

; lastcore - Autoboot the last loaded core (corename autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; lastexactcore - Autoboot the last loaded exact core (corename_yyyymmdd.rbf autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; corename - Autoboot first corename_*.rbf found on the SD/USB
; corename_yyyymmdd.rbf - Autoboot first corename_yyyymmdd.rbf found on the SD/USB
;bootcore=lastcore    ; uncomment to autoboot a core, as the last loaded core.
bootcore_timeout=10  ; 10-30 timeout before autoboot, comment for autoboot without timeout.
ovalfastlx
Atariator
Atariator

Post by ovalfastlx »

spark2k06 wrote:
ovalfastlx wrote:How to we activate this feature?

Thanks
Add these lines in MiSTer.ini and uncomment bootcore field:

Code: Select all

; lastcore - Autoboot the last loaded core (corename autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; lastexactcore - Autoboot the last loaded exact core (corename_yyyymmdd.rbf autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; corename - Autoboot first corename_*.rbf found on the SD/USB
; corename_yyyymmdd.rbf - Autoboot first corename_yyyymmdd.rbf found on the SD/USB
;bootcore=lastcore    ; uncomment to autoboot a core, as the last loaded core.
bootcore_timeout=10  ; 10-30 timeout before autoboot, comment for autoboot without timeout.

Thank you
Lynkk
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Lynkk »

Thank you for this feature. It works well directly from the SD Card.

However, I copied the content of my SD card to a USB Storage. Then I switched the system to boot from the USB.
The Mister does boot from USB but the bootcode feature is not working in that case.

Also If I switch back from USB Storage to SD Storage, the care written in "lastcore.dat" is "menu" (which makes sense).

Anyway it's not working from a USB storage, or perhaps I'm not supposed to copy the content from the SD to a USB unit...? Is there a different way? Or must I use a SD Card ?
spark2k06
Atari User
Atari User

Post by spark2k06 »

This feature for USB I did not get to fully test it, when I have a little time I check it and see if we can implement it so that it works just as well as from the SD.

Any news about this topic will be announced in this thread.
Lynkk wrote:Thank you for this feature. It works well directly from the SD Card.

However, I copied the content of my SD card to a USB Storage. Then I switched the system to boot from the USB.
The Mister does boot from USB but the bootcode feature is not working in that case.

Also If I switch back from USB Storage to SD Storage, the care written in "lastcore.dat" is "menu" (which makes sense).

Anyway it's not working from a USB storage, or perhaps I'm not supposed to copy the content from the SD to a USB unit...? Is there a different way? Or must I use a SD Card ?
carrboroman
Atariator
Atariator

Post by carrboroman »

Hello, I have a question, as I may be missing something but, does this feature only work with consoles?

I tried running arcade cores and the reset/power on-off cycle always return to the main menu.

what I saw on lastcore.dat is that for consoles i.e. like SNES, the name in the file is SNES, while for the arcade there is always an .mra written (it is my understanding the bootcore requires a .rbf, but the menu arcade core luncher is actually using the .mra?).

when rebooting, I think I can see very briefly a message saying something like "no core" or "cannot find core" but it's too fast for me to take a picture.

I tried specifying an arcade core name using bootcore=corename like Jotego's CPS1 .rbf as bootcore=jtcps1 but I get the same behavior, loading the main menu instead..am I missing something, the video in the first post shows 1943 which is an arcade, correct?

Thanks!
spindaddy
Atarian
Atarian

Post by spindaddy »

I am seeing the same issue trying to boot to an arcade core. Anyone know how?
carrboroman
Atariator
Atariator

Post by carrboroman »

just to add, it also seems that switching to USB, the bootcore= feature doesn't work at all.

/media/usb0/config/lastcore.dat file is not updated either, and even changing it manually does nothing, it always boots into the main.
ghorricks
Atarian
Atarian

Post by ghorricks »

Same issue with MRA files not being used as the boot core.
Would be nice to do this now I have my Arcade 1up Street Figher setup with MiSTer and CPS1 core :)

Return to “MiSTer”