PCEngine core issues with roms?

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

User avatar
DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DrOG »

desUBIKado wrote:Finally on this 181207-beta core 15 KHz output is well centered. slingshot thank you, thank you, thank you.
I can confirm this: both component progressive and RGB interlaced pictures are well-centered! Unfortunately no picture if component is set to interlaced or via direct VGA out, perhaps the fault of my TV... Anyway, nice improvements in terms of compatibility!

Thank you slingshot! :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by slingshot »

Finished the SuperGrafix port from MiSTer. For the increased demand on memory bandwidth, the SDRAM clock was increased to 126 MHz, hopefully it won't be unstable (it's still in spec, MiSTs should have 133 MHz SDRAM).

The FPGA's internal BRAM usage:
M9Ks 66 / 66 ( 100 % )
So don't expect many more improvements from now :)
https://github.com/gyurco/FPGAPCE/releases/tag/181216

PS: rename SuperGrafix ROMs to have an .sgx extension, and load them via the 2nd menu option.
User avatar
DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DrOG »

:megaphone: WOW!!! Big thanks!!! :cheers:
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DanyPPC »

:cheers: Good work !!!

The SuperGrafix games are only 5, am I wrong ?

I tested the last Madou_King_Granzort_(J)_(SGX) and desn't work on my system. Could someone test it ? Thanks.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by slingshot »

DanyPPC wrote::cheers: Good work !!!

The SuperGrafix games are only 5, am I wrong ?

I tested the last Madou_King_Granzort_(J)_(SGX) and desn't work on my system. Could someone test it ? Thanks.
It starts for me.

I see 6 games:
1941
Aldynes
Battle Ace
Darius Plus (it works on a regular PCE, too)
Ghouls'n'Ghosts
Granzort
Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by Chris23235 »

slingshot wrote:Finished the SuperGrafix port from MiSTer. For the increased demand on memory bandwidth, the SDRAM clock was increased to 126 MHz, hopefully it won't be unstable (it's still in spec, MiSTs should have 133 MHz SDRAM).

The FPGA's internal BRAM usage:
M9Ks 66 / 66 ( 100 % )
So don't expect many more improvements from now :)
https://github.com/gyurco/FPGAPCE/releases/tag/181216

PS: rename SuperGrafix ROMs to have an .sgx extension, and load them via the 2nd menu option.
Many thanks, all Roms now work, finally I can play 1941 - Counter Attack on the Mist. :cheers:
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DanyPPC »

Ok, thanks Slingshot. I'll check another rom.
User avatar
Higgy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by Higgy »

Cool work. .sgx seems to work fine on my v1.2 MiST which had issues with (now fixed) Cores which had memory speed issues. So 122mhz should be good for everyone.
Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by Chris23235 »

There's a seventh Supergrafx Game. Darius Alpha is a Boss Rush version of Darius Plus and also has Supergrafx support, I just tried it and it also works fine like the other six games.
When I loaded 1941 for the first time, I just got a black screen, this didn't happen again (tried all games several times now), so I guess it won't happen again.
hyperterminal
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by hyperterminal »

Thanks to all involved for this great update!

On the PC Engine core for MiSTer there were two games that didn't work: "Andre Panza Kick Boxing" (bad graphics) and "Davis Cup Tennis" (crashes when you start to play): http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 75#p353575

Since this is a port from the MiSTer core, I assume it is the same on the MiST. Fixing these bugs might be the last step needed to achieve 100% compatibility.
squid4
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by squid4 »

Superb work as usual slingshot, thanks. Great to see the MiST having such a great version of the PCEngine. So many great cores on the MiST! 8)
seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by seastalker »

slingshot, you are a king for the PCE updates! Supergrafx support? Tears of joy!! THANK YOU!!!!
fry
Atarian
Atarian
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by fry »

CD games? I don't see it mentioned, so I'm assuming that's not implemented.
Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by Lroby74 »

I've tried David Cup Tennis on Mist and crashes same way

hyperterminal wrote:Thanks to all involved for this great update!

On the PC Engine core for MiSTer there were two games that didn't work: "Andre Panza Kick Boxing" (bad graphics) and "Davis Cup Tennis" (crashes when you start to play): http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 75#p353575

Since this is a port from the MiSTer core, I assume it is the same on the MiST. Fixing these bugs might be the last step needed to achieve 100% compatibility.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DanyPPC »

Latest core https://github.com/gyurco/FPGAPCE/releases/tag/190214 has graphic problems on 1941 title screen.
Also saving some options in menù do not acts properly.

Previous core is good.
User avatar
Higgy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by Higgy »

Confirmed with 1941 SGX. However look at the game in Core 181220b - look at the title screen 'Red 1' it has minor glitches.
User avatar
vebxenon
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by vebxenon »

Higgy wrote:Confirmed with 1941 SGX. However look at the game in Core 181220b - look at the title screen 'Red 1' it has minor glitches.
Same here.
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by slingshot »

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DanyPPC »

That works, but when I save the joystick swap option it saves the "6 button enable" bottom option instead.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by slingshot »

Delete the fpgapce.cfg from your sd-card.
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DanyPPC »

Done, but in this way I can't save the swap joypad option, and the default joypad isn't active starting the core. So, I have to manually make it everytime I launch the core.
hyperterminal
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by hyperterminal »

Thank you for the update to the core. I'm not sure if this is a regression, but in F1 Circus '91 you can't get past the title screen.

Also it would be nice if the option to remove the sprite limit could be ported over from the MiSTer core.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by slingshot »

DanyPPC wrote:Done, but in this way I can't save the swap joypad option, and the default joypad isn't active starting the core. So, I have to manually make it everytime I launch the core.
That's weird, do a filesystem check on your sd-card. The settings file is saved by the firmware, the core has nothing to do with that.
slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by slingshot »

hyperterminal wrote:Thank you for the update to the core. I'm not sure if this is a regression, but in F1 Circus '91 you can't get past the title screen.

Also it would be nice if the option to remove the sprite limit could be ported over from the MiSTer core.
I think it needs some backup RAM support (to save progress).
DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: PCEngine core issues with roms?

Post by DanyPPC »

slingshot wrote: That's weird, do a filesystem check on your sd-card. The settings file is saved by the firmware, the core has nothing to do with that.
Ok, now works. Thanks
Post Reply

Return to “MiST”