What happened to Perihelion?

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

WireLord55
Atari freak
Atari freak

What happened to Perihelion?

Post by WireLord55 »

Hi,

I'm wondering what happened to Perihelion. I know that he died in 2007, and not much else.

Can anyone link some articles? Because the links on http://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11317 are broken.

WireLord55
"Do...or do not. There is no try" - Yoda, Episode V
AnthonyJ
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: What happened to Perihelion?

Post by AnthonyJ »

archive.org have a copy of the linked page - https://web.archive.org/web/20130622221 ... ndreas.php
WireLord55
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by WireLord55 »

Thanks
"Do...or do not. There is no try" - Yoda, Episode V
LynXX
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by LynXX »

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Rustynutt »

What a sad story :(
viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by viking272 »

Yes very sad.
Andreas' mum was very strong with her writing of what happened, the killers being in court and trying to look at them in the eyes. An unjust world for sure.
Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Rustynutt »

Reading her post, it would seem the killer is about to, or has been released.
Maybe the American in me, there should be nothing short of life for that crime. It takes from so many.

What brought me to this thread was looking into tutorials and an idea where to start (over again) coding.

Think before that decision, need to set goals of what I'd like to accomplish on the Falcon in general.

One idea is using existing code in the Linux world to develop a program to access function of the Nokia 80 series, specifically the modem capability via USB, camera functions and file access.

The Falcon has Falcon Speed, not sure if the Nokia OVI Suite will run under Win 3.1, as well as issues likely with DOS USB function, and how or if the USBee can be accessed via the Falcon Speed setup.

The other project, which may be more applicable to assembly, is a DSP Symphonic card I have. I'd like to be able to down load via the parallel interface, executable 56K code to run bench and compatibility test with the Falcons existing 56K. There's a Falcon here that has been an experimental board since 1993, can't think of anything that hasn't been installed, sans a pin correction socket to upgrade the existing 56k.
viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by viking272 »

Yes 10 years for the main killer, would of meant he has been free 3 years ago. With drug rehabilitation in prisons and education programmes he's probably got a nice life, makes me sick and angry that this could be the case. Should be 30 years in prison or he dies in prison at least. :evil:
theimann
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by theimann »

Since this seems to be a private conversation between you two at this point, can you take it to chat/PM?

I certainly agree that this is a very sad story, I was shocked and sad when I first learnt about it. But I'd appreciate you taking your ideas about justice and retaliation somewhere else, this forum is not the right place for that in my humble opinion.
Atari 520ST | Atari 1040ST | Atari Mega 1 | Atari 1040STE | Atari MegaSTE | Atari TT 030 | Atari Falcon 030
Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Rustynutt »

Well, the related link is much more descriptive, but guess that's why it's a link.
Not a personal conversation at all, thanks for joining in.
Regards
theimann wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:22 am Since this seems to be a private conversation between you two at this point, can you take it to chat/PM?

I certainly agree that this is a very sad story, I was shocked and sad when I first learnt about it. But I'd appreciate you taking your ideas about justice and retaliation somewhere else, this forum is not the right place for that in my humble opinion.
viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by viking272 »

Oh dear oh dear. :megaphone: :contract:
Since we're giving advice; maybe its best to not say your thoughts as it comes across that after 13 years you don't give a damn and zee rules must be obeyed at all costs. Over and out.
theimann wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:22 am Since this seems to be a private conversation between you two at this point, can you take it to chat/PM?

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”