Steem SSE 3.9.3 has been released on 30/09/2017.
- Record to YM file.
- 'Advanced Settings' option (D3D). When unchecked, other options
- New Option General/Mute sound when inactive.
- Notice: 'Macros' option page renamed 'Record Input'.
- When running a new version for the first time (based on existing ini if
any), you get dialogs prompting you for a shortcut, home directories, etc.
This is to give you a chance to update the link in the Start Menu, but it's
optional and you may skip the rest too.
v3.9.3 Emulation improvements
- Anti-aliasing filter for YM2149 emu (option 'C2').
This improves the sound with all sample rates, at the cost of some CPU use
Thx Mike Perkins for the C++ class.
- Hardware Hacks:
Support for Freeboot (disk side selector).
Support for STF hardware overscan (LaceScan and Autoswitch).
Support for STE YM/DMA sound mix fix, useful for Petari's little games
- STE paddles (thx Petari).
v3.9.3 Bugfixes / Refactoring
- Blitter start test (Great Giana Sisters STE).
- 6301/ACIA emulation (Warp STX).
- Removing some hacks in GLU/Shifter emulation.
- Floppy drive emulation at fast speed (no snails) is more compatible (Exile,
Super Hang-On, Lost Patrol, ...).
- Multiple screens can have negative coordinates (D3D).
- Fire button of STE joysticks.
- Missing macro in OR.W Dn,<ea> (D-Bug 117).
- WD1772: Wrong status after command $D0 (Rogue SCP).
Trouble at Index Pulse (some dumps of Gunship SCP).
- Lost on ST disks with <9 sectors (Wipe-Out-RPL, broken v3.9.0)
- Black borders in monochrome mode (bug since the origins!)
With borders, the screen isn't centred anymore, sorry about that, but
centring caused timing problems. It is correct emulation.
- Removed "multimedia" joystick support as it can cause crashes on some
systems, only DirectInput is used now.
- Record Input and Paste Text with option 'C1'.
- Messed display when coming back from optional 16bit Fullscreen.
- Slow Motion (broken v3.8.2).
- Possible crash when loading a profile.