CC-MegST Rev 2.1 Ram-Expansion any Information?

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

marcian
Atarian
Atarian

CC-MegST Rev 2.1 Ram-Expansion any Information?

Post by marcian »

Hi all,

another question about my new ST. It carries an "CC-MegST Rev 2.1" Ram Expansion.
When i received the ST the expansion was working. But the Disk-Drive was dirty, after
cleaning the Drive it seems the Ram-Expansion is damaged. Sysinfo only shows 1Meg
instead of 4 Megs (as before).

Does anybody have information about that Ram-Expansion. I think it sits between
the Shifter and the Mainboard. But some wires a soldered to the Mainboard (below the
onboard ram) to some free "resistor"-places. One wire is soldered to an onboard
Ram-Chip. The Ram-Chips are ZIP-types.

I haven't found anything about that expansion. So i hope somebody here nows something
about it.

Regards
Marcian
1040 STFM - TOS 1.4 - 4 MB-Ram - No Blitter - SM124
simbo

Re: CC-MegST Rev 2.1 Ram-Expansion any Information?

Post by simbo »

marcian wrote:Hi all,

another question about my new ST. It carries an "CC-MegST Rev 2.1" Ram Expansion.
When i received the ST the expansion was working. But the Disk-Drive was dirty, after
cleaning the Drive it seems the Ram-Expansion is damaged. Sysinfo only shows 1Meg
instead of 4 Megs (as before).

Does anybody have information about that Ram-Expansion. I think it sits between
the Shifter and the Mainboard. But some wires a soldered to the Mainboard (below the
onboard ram) to some free "resistor"-places. One wire is soldered to an onboard
Ram-Chip. The Ram-Chips are ZIP-types.

I haven't found anything about that expansion. So i hope somebody here nows something
about it.

Regards
Marcian
BIG ADVICE IS NOT TO USE IT IN THIS STATE
take the top off
take a couple a decent photos of the machine
and post them in something like a yahoo.co.uk geocities site and link it with a url link as a picture

then we can see it at yahoos bandwidth in good resolutions

too see if a wire is loose or something more visable with a good picture
marcian
Atarian
Atarian

Re: CC-MegST Rev 2.1 Ram-Expansion any Information?

Post by marcian »

Well big sorry!

Thank you simbo.

After my posting my question i got distracted by a couple of other things (marriage, a baby etc...).

But in the last couple of days i remembered the ST (plus i got some days without my kid around). I got it out of the storage and looked at it again. Then i went around to see how other easy Memory expansions work.
So i found it.

I don't remember exactly what happened earlier (in 2009) but i guess some wire of the mem expansion came of and i resoldered it to where i thought it belonged. Wrongly thought...

After resoldering the wire to pin 66 of the MMU IC (SMD one) everything is up and running with 4 Megs of Ram... Now I'll go and have a look at some games i guess (even though the tv modulator seems to be some kind of bad...)
1040 STFM - TOS 1.4 - 4 MB-Ram - No Blitter - SM124

Return to “Hardware”