Page 4 of 8

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:38 pm
by wongck
Finally tested it. Moved the jumper to non-twisted Drive A, as per upper left diagram on user manual.

Still does not update the Atari when there is a floppy change (change to another hfe file).
When I do a ESC, to re-read the directory, it still display the old floppy contents.

I again need to double click on B: drive which reads the new floppy.
This time however, upon closing the old A: drive widow and double clicking again on A: drive
the new floppy directory is displayed.

This is better than when I had the jumper for twisted cable, where I can only swap "floppy" (change hfe files) twice;
need a reboot to read the third floppy. 8O
Now I can swap many "floppy" (change hfe files) without a reboot :D
as long as I keep to the procedure.

However, that floppy.media change is still not there.... :(

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:47 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote:Finally tested it. Moved the jumper to non-twisted Drive A, as per upper left diagram on user manual.

Still does not update the Atari when there is a floppy change (change to another hfe file).
When I do a ESC, to re-read the directory, it still display the old floppy contents.

I again need to double click on B: drive which reads the new floppy.
This time however, upon closing the old A: drive widow and double clicking again on A: drive
the new floppy directory is displayed.

This is better than when I had the jumper for twisted cable, where I can only swap "floppy" (change hfe files) twice;
need a reboot to read the third floppy. 8O
Now I can swap many "floppy" (change hfe files) without a reboot :D
as long as I keep to the procedure.

However, that floppy.media change is still not there.... :(
Unfortunately i don't have a falcon to check this issue.

Can you try this :
Eject the image with the middle/eject button,
wait some seconds (3/4)
insert the new one.

Another try:
Write protect the sdcard.
Insert the sdcard in the emulator - select a floppy image . Access it with the falcon
Remove the sdcard -
wait some seconds (3/4)
Reinsert the sdcard and choose another image.

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 am
by wongck
Ok, tested further.

On TOS, close Drive A window, swap the "floppy"/hfe files and reopening
Drive A does not show the new floppy directory but the old floppy directory.
Only after a ESC, the new floppy directory is displayed.

On MINT, close Drive A window, swap the "floppy"/hfe files and reopening
Drive A does not show the new floppy directory but the old floppy directory.
After a ESC, still the old floppy directory is displayed.
Need to double click on Drive B (shows new floppy directory),
then close/reopen Drive A window to show new floppy directory.

I think MINT is caching something....

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:26 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote:Ok, tested further.

On TOS, close Drive A window, swap the "floppy"/hfe files and reopening
Drive A does not show the new floppy directory but the old floppy directory.
Only after a ESC, the new floppy directory is displayed.

On MINT, close Drive A window, swap the "floppy"/hfe files and reopening
Drive A does not show the new floppy directory but the old floppy directory.
After a ESC, still the old floppy directory is displayed.
Need to double click on Drive B (shows new floppy directory),
then close/reopen Drive A window to show new floppy directory.

I think MINT is caching something....

What is the model number and vendor of your Falcon floppy disk drive ?

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:30 pm
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote: What is the model number and vendor of your Falcon floppy disk drive ?
Jeff, thanks for looking into this. :D
My original Falcon floppy drive died so I have replaced it with a Mitsumi D359T5.
The original Falcon floppy drive was a Epson SMD-300 floppy drive.

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:49 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote:
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote: What is the model number and vendor of your Falcon floppy disk drive ?
Jeff, thanks for looking into this. :D
My original Falcon floppy drive died so I have replaced it with a Mitsumi D359T5.
The original Falcon floppy drive was a Epson SMD-300 floppy drive.
Ok i forgot something about the falcon : It uses PC floppy disk drive.

So try this : In the HxCFloppyEmulator software, go in the Settings panel, unckeck "auto" and select "IBM PC 720kB" if your images are DD floppies or "IBM PC 1.44MB" if your images are HD floppies. After this you can convert your floppy images.

(Note : a small software update "1.3.9.1" that correct a "bug" in the convert function : http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emu ... r_soft.zip)

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:49 am
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:So try this : In the HxCFloppyEmulator software, go in the Settings panel, unckeck "auto" and select "IBM PC 720kB" if your images are DD floppies or "IBM PC 1.44MB" if your images are HD floppies. After this you can convert your floppy images.
Is it possible to mix between 1.44MB & 720KB floppies in the same SD card?
Otherwise I need to ear mark 2 SD for my Atari use. :mrgreen:

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:33 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote:
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:So try this : In the HxCFloppyEmulator software, go in the Settings panel, unckeck "auto" and select "IBM PC 720kB" if your images are DD floppies or "IBM PC 1.44MB" if your images are HD floppies. After this you can convert your floppy images.
Is it possible to mix between 1.44MB & 720KB floppies in the same SD card?
Otherwise I need to ear mark 2 SD for my Atari use. :mrgreen:
Of course yes, but you must change your settings during the conversion if you change between 1.44MB & 720KB images.
I will correct this little issue in the next software version.

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:45 am
by wood_jl
I just want to say that I have been using this device for 2-3 weeks now (not super heavily though) and it is WONDERFUL!!! I love it!! Dream come true!

What a game machine this makes!!!!

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 pm
by wongck
wood_jl wrote:I just want to say that I have been using this device for 2-3 weeks now (not super heavily though) and it is WONDERFUL!!! I love it!! Dream come true!

What a game machine this makes!!!!
Yes, this is really a great device.
Especially the excellent after sales service that Jeff is granting us in this thread.
Not a single question left unanswered.... :thumbs:

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote:
wood_jl wrote:I just want to say that I have been using this device for 2-3 weeks now (not super heavily though) and it is WONDERFUL!!! I love it!! Dream come true!

What a game machine this makes!!!!
Yes, this is really a great device.
Especially the excellent after sales service that Jeff is granting us in this thread.
Not a single question left unanswered.... :thumbs:
So the HxC Floppy Emulator works as you want with your Falcon now ?

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:25 pm
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote: So the HxC Floppy Emulator works as you want with your Falcon now ?
Well, of all pits.... sorry for swearing.
My stupido MIC multi-card reader gave up on me last weekend. :(
Just when things were getting exciting....
I have another one on order.

Anyway, my "other" card reader is a camera with a USB. So I tried to use it
but when I put the SD in to the camera, it insisted on formating it.
So I did not try because I do not want to format my SD using the camera buildin formater.

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote: So I did not try because I do not want to format my SD using the camera buildin formater.
Yes because it try to format the SDCard in FAT16 (generaly old camera doesn't support FAT32...)

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:05 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 pm
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:Ok i forgot something about the falcon : It uses PC floppy disk drive.

So try this : In the HxCFloppyEmulator software, go in the Settings panel, unckeck "auto" and select "IBM PC 720kB" if your images are DD floppies or "IBM PC 1.44MB" if your images are HD floppies. After this you can convert your floppy images.

(Note : a small software update "1.3.9.1" that correct a "bug" in the convert function : http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emu ... r_soft.zip)
My new SD card reader arrived today :D
The behaviour after UN-Selecting AUTO and using IBM PC 1.44MB is the same as previous.
On TOS, after a hfe file change, I need to press ESC force a reread of the directory.
On MINT, pressing ESC does not force a reread of the directory. :(

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:30 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
wongck wrote:
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:Ok i forgot something about the falcon : It uses PC floppy disk drive.

So try this : In the HxCFloppyEmulator software, go in the Settings panel, unckeck "auto" and select "IBM PC 720kB" if your images are DD floppies or "IBM PC 1.44MB" if your images are HD floppies. After this you can convert your floppy images.

(Note : a small software update "1.3.9.1" that correct a "bug" in the convert function : http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emu ... r_soft.zip)
My new SD card reader arrived today :D
The behaviour after UN-Selecting AUTO and using IBM PC 1.44MB is the same as previous.
On TOS, after a hfe file change, I need to press ESC force a reread of the directory.
On MINT, pressing ESC does not force a reread of the directory. :(
Since a week there are new firmware. it may correct this. please upgrade and retry :-)

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emu ... rmware.zip

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:10 pm
by Shredder11
I downloaded v1.3.9.1 but I can only see the previous v1.3.9.0 on the main page now. Is it possible to return to an older version or is it like most firmware; once flashed there is no going back?

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
Shredder11 wrote:I downloaded v1.3.9.1 but I can only see the previous v1.3.9.0 on the main page now. Is it possible to return to an older version or is it like most firmware; once flashed there is no going back?
The main page is not uptodate. the lastest version is the v1.3.9.1.
Yes you can return to an older version but why did you want do this?

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:32 pm
by Shredder11
No reason at the moment really.......just asking. 8)

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:21 am
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:The main page is not uptodate. the lastest version is the v1.3.9.1.
Yes you can return to an older version but why did you want do this?
Well, always good to have a back-out plan when doing something new.
:lol: Been using too much M$ software at work where we always need a back-out plan in case the new stuff don't work. :lol:

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 am
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote: Since a week there are new firmware. it may correct this. please upgrade and retry :-)

http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emu ... rmware.zip
Great. :thumbs:
I will give that a spin.

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:11 pm
by wongck
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote: The main page is not uptodate. the lastest version is the v1.3.9.1.
I checked the program using Right-click properties and it's version is v1.3.9.0.
If it's done in MSVS, it should auto bump the minor version for release builds.
So is this the right version in the dl section?

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:10 pm
by rocket-dog
Jeff_HxC2001 wrote:New preorder ! :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0516490246

:D
Some of us are still waiting for the last batch.........

Payment To:
P********* K********* (The recipient of this payment is Non-US - Verified)
Seller's ID:
lotharek1977
Seller's Email:
lotharek@poczta.onet.pl

Re: SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator Preordering

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:07 pm
by Jeff_HxC2001
Check your sent date in this list :

http://www.mmj.pl/~lotharek/stuff/post.pdf
EDIT: yours have been sent -> 01.06.2010.