frequency (MHz) of yours CT63?

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: frequency (MHz) of yours CT63?

Post by Dal »

It won't fit unless the CTPCI is removed. Are you keeping the EtherNAT in there?
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Post by CiH »

It won't fit unless the CTPCI is removed. Are you keeping the EtherNAT in there?
I would like to, yes :)
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

Cool so no Svethlana to worry about then. If I still owned that machine, I would sacrifice he CTPCI for the SV.

The trouble with the Space case is that weird drop at the back. if the SV still doesn't fit, then you may need to consider using the extenders supplied by Nature - these require soldering in order to gain precious mm in headroom. I'm frequently in Milton Keynes on business, so I can probably come up to see you one evening if you want me to take a look.

My SV hasn't been unpackaged yet as I'm still waiting on my falc+ct63 to come back from Rodolphe.
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Post by CiH »

The trouble with the Space case is that weird drop at the back. if the SV still doesn't fit, then you may need to consider using the extenders supplied by Nature - these require soldering in order to gain precious mm in headroom. I'm frequently in Milton Keynes on business, so I can probably come up to see you one evening if you want me to take a look.
That would be helpful. If you're coming to mine, it would be a kitchen table job, and apart from screwdrivers, I've no real tools.

At the moment, I can't commit to anything more specific than 'sometime in August'. But that covers a fairly wide time period :-) - If you have some suggestions of your own, then feel free to PM.

Otherwise, would concur with swapping out CTPCI for SuperVidel. The CTPCI/Radeon combo has worked faithfully, but at least we get rid of the kludge on top of the case! :mrgreen:
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

OK - let's pm and sort something out rather than hijack this thread any more.

Sorry chaps!
:oops:
asik
Atari User
Atari User

Post by asik »

I return in the topic :)

102 mhz with ct63 my Falconon many times work on SillyVenture, as compo machine for competitions (demo msx gfx game)
In this setup ...... Also many time my Falcon work with stock Falcon in this party ...

p.s.
sorry for my english, i still learn this language!
AS...
Cyprian
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by Cyprian »

Siemasz AS, nice to see you here
Portfolio / Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/
Patrice Mandin
Atari User
Atari User

Post by Patrice Mandin »

I have a Rev5 060, so mine must run slower to be stable:
- without CTPCI: up to 72MHz
- with CTPCI (current config): up to 64MHz
Linux and Atari coder
Development tools, games
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

My current machine is running mostly at 85Mhz. If I'm running in pure TOS for games/demos, then I crank it up to 100Mhz and it's solid.
mdivancic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by mdivancic »

Mine is slogging along at 76 mHz...
Mikey
Atari STacy 1
Atari TT030, CaTTamaran, 4 MB ST-Ram, 16 MB TT-RAM, ECL2VGA
Atari 800XL
Amiga 2000HD
Commodore 128D, 1084S monitor, RAMLink, CMD 4.1GB Hardrive
Commodore C64 Reloaded Mk2
Commodore SX-64
qq1975b
Atari God
Atari God

Post by qq1975b »

Is there any program that allows identify which revision of 68060 you have? Like a cpu-z on PC or Whichamiga on Amiga. Just because of the fake 68060 that are all around :?
Trying to learn...
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

If you have it plugged into a CT60, then the boot screen will tell you if you have a Rev6 installed.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

I gave up looking for a rev6 CPU. The rev1 types, for me, it clocks to 66mhz. Any higher it just starts getting random crashes. Seems some clocked to 75mhz but not sure why.

I did notice the CPU voltage can go up to about 4.2volts, it runs on 3.3v. so I ramped up the voltage to see if it would aid overclocking, and it didn't :( If anything I think it made things a fraction worse. Not sure if anyone tried changing the voltage on a rev6, would have been interesting to try.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”