My PC viewer for Atari ST pictures.

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

bjw66
Atari User
Atari User

Re: My PC viewer for Atari ST pictures.

Post by bjw66 »

coy wrote:would be great. I have plenty of them, i use a little tool called seq2gif which is nice, but you have to slide the animation over the executable (then it decompressed as gif format) - i guess associate those file with AST+PV would be easier to read them
Contact me privately, please. I am in dire need of samples of the formats my viewer does not yet support.

Ben Jos.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

If you can list the formats you are looking for I can check my collections. Other than the ones you already programed, im sure sure i can think of any others, there was cyber paint SEQ animations i think ?
bjw66
Atari User
Atari User

Post by bjw66 »

exxos wrote:If you can list the formats you are looking for I can check my collections. Other than the ones you already programed, im sure sure i can think of any others, there was cyber paint SEQ animations i think ?
In short, I am looking to support them all. In short (again), I already listed them in the help file that is included in my viewer. If people don't bother reading it, well, sorry, but I am not going to duplicate my efforts, not even if a moderator or a god asks me.
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

In one of the german archive for 16MHz CPU upgrade there is a picture with SCR extension.
I see this is not in your list of supported images. I also do not know how to view it in an Atari.
I have no clue what format this SCR is and what viewer can display it.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list
bjw66
Atari User
Atari User

Post by bjw66 »

wongck wrote:In one of the german archive for 16MHz CPU upgrade there is a picture with SCR extension.
I see this is not in your list of supported images. I also do not know how to view it in an Atari.
Err... that is not very helfpful. I can create any file with a .scr extension, simply by renaming it. For someone who seems to have posted a lot here, you seem pretty clueless. But I will still give you the benefit of the doubt if you would actually send that file to me.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

bjw66 wrote:
exxos wrote:If you can list the formats you are looking for I can check my collections. Other than the ones you already programed, im sure sure i can think of any others, there was cyber paint SEQ animations i think ?
In short, I am looking to support them all. In short (again), I already listed them in the help file that is included in my viewer. If people don't bother reading it, well, sorry, but I am not going to duplicate my efforts, not even if a moderator or a god asks me.
erm, pardon me, I did read your file and you do not state what you are looking for, and yes you only stated what you have, which isn't very helpful when you are asking people for help in adding more formats, How do you know there actually *IS* more formats ? I don't know of any more than you listed, and by the sounds of it nobody else seems to either. Hence my point in asking you if you know of any others, and im sure people would help you look for them if we knew, which we dont.
FedePede04
Atari God
Atari God

Post by FedePede04 »

i don't get it,
first you whine about nobody want to help, and then people offer their help, you are either rude to them or you mocks them.

like i said, i don't get it
Atari will rule the world, long after man has disappeared

sometime my English is a little weird, Google translate is my best friend :)
Ato
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Ato »

bjw66 wrote:Err... that is not very helfpful. I can create any file with a .scr extension, simply by renaming it. For someone who seems to have posted a lot here, you seem pretty clueless. But I will still give you the benefit of the doubt if you would actually send that file to me.
Dude, you surely got to chill out and double-check what you are about to post before clicking on the little "Submit" button! Just in case you had not noticed, Wongck just tried to help you out.

So, you want your software to support more file formats? Then I got some advice for you: start looking on the interweb yourself like everybody else would have done! And stop kicking people in the butt who were just trying to be helpful. That's hell of a way asking others for help. :megaphone:

T.
coy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by coy »

wongck, that's probably a screensaver, maybe these 2 little viewers can help to play it (also, you may need to change the tos)
scr viewer.zip
bjw66, most animations i have are in .seq, .flm and .dlt formats, there are also executable (prg) and avs but these are animations with sounds, i'm not sure you'll be interested in those ones
for .seq anyway, you can start by grabbing some here http://www.randelshofer.ch/animations/atari.html

forgot to say, images in .gem format don't work in ast+pv, (i think this the only one actually :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

bjw66 wrote:
wongck wrote:In one of the german archive for 16MHz CPU upgrade there is a picture with SCR extension.
Err... that is not very helfpful. I can create any file with a .scr extension, simply by renaming it. For someone who seems to have posted a lot here, you seem pretty clueless. But I will still give you the benefit of the doubt if you would actually send that file to me.
Whoa.... hold it. Why should I go lie to you ??? You think I'm going to rename a file and show it to you??
What gain to me if I do that? I am using an Atari since the 80s and want to support/give to this community.
I am not an Amiga sabotage agent.

You're are asking for some unknown format, and I said I saw one once.
I will have to look for it again, as it's not something I keep in my archive since it is in a language that I need translation and with a non-viewable picture.
I am indeed clueless as compared to you on graphics formats.... look at the list of graphic format that you know :wink:
And even possibly add one more (that SCR format) to the list soon.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

coy wrote:wongck, that's probably a screensaver, maybe these 2 little viewers can help to play it (also, you may need to change the tos)
scr viewer.zip
Thanks will try them when I find that archive again :wink:
bjw66
Atari User
Atari User

Post by bjw66 »

I apologise to everyone I have offended. I did not mean to be rude to anyone. I am sorry.

I apologise.
bjw66
Atari User
Atari User

Post by bjw66 »

exxos wrote:Fantastic program! I tried to write a NEO loader for VB6 once. tried being the word :lol:

I think there was a similar program about some time ago, cant remember what it was though. In anycase, Keep up the great work, I know it will be a useful program for me!
Thank you. And I think I know which program you are talking about. It was a program written by someone who just wrote a GUI around the public domain software written by Hans Wessels, without giving Hans any credit. It was blatantly obvious he used Hans's code because of the temporary ".bmp" files his program wrote out as well as the bugs in Hans's code that were duplicated in Kirk's GUI version.

I wrote mine from scratch. My own code.
Ato
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Ato »

bjw66 wrote:I apologise to everyone I have offended. I did not mean to be rude to anyone. I am sorry.

I apologise.
Duly noted. Let's restart.

bjw66 wrote:It was blatantly obvious he used Hans's code because of the temporary ".bmp" files his program wrote out as well as the bugs in Hans's code that were duplicated in Kirk's GUI version.
Wow! The dude certainly got some balls using other author's code and not giving credit where credit is due. Has anybody ever sent the dude a message about his infringement?

Cheers,
T.
bjw66
Atari User
Atari User

Post by bjw66 »

Ato wrote:
bjw66 wrote:I apologise to everyone I have offended. I did not mean to be rude to anyone. I am sorry.
I apologise.
Ato wrote:Duly noted. Let's restart.
Thank you. And I have also sent private messages to people whom I think I may have offended.
Ato wrote:
bjw66 wrote:It was blatantly obvious he used Hans's code because of the temporary ".bmp" files his program wrote out as well as the bugs in Hans's code that were duplicated in Kirk's GUI version.
Wow! The dude certainly got some balls using other author's code and not giving credit where credit is due. Has anybody ever sent the dude a message about his infringement?
As far as I can tell, tgkirk's link to "his" viewer is no longer available, but there still is a link (which no longer works now, of course) on this forum's Wiki...

I never sent him a message because I was not impressed by his viewer in the first place. My own viewer, which was not publicly available by then, already was much better. I did not feel the need to make this knowledge public at the time. But I think NOW that the link to his viewer (which no longer works anyway) should be removed from this forum's Wiki for the infringement reasons.

Ben Jos.

Return to “Other emulators & tools”