Help Running A Music Program on STeem.

A forum for anything about the STEem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. The current version is v4.0.2. All support queries should be posted on the SourceForge site.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Help Running A Music Program on STeem.

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Hello everybody, this is my first post so sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

I have been using STeem as my emulator for Atari ST. I really wanted to use Notator but I can't find any way possible to make a .st file. I have the files from the program but not on an .ST disk image because I don't know how to do that. I must have searched to find a program for like half an hour and all the programs I tried didn't work. I even tried Gemulator but all that's good for is looking at files. It doesn't do anything for me.
Please help, it's really frustrating and upsetting me.
Thank you.
-DM1994
christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Help Running A Music Program on STeem.

Post by christos »

You could probably install it on a virtual hd. Just add a folder as ST HD from the disk menu in STEEM.
Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Doommaster1994 »

I got it to run on a virtual hard drive, but now I have another problem. I double click the .PRG to run the program and another window comes up as if it's a title screen for the program but after a couple seconds it goes away and nothing happens. I haven't been able to get past that.
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Does Notator require a dongle? If so, I doubt you'll get much further without it and/or a hacked copy of Notator that removes the dongle check.

Also, from memory, don't most music programs work in monochrome?
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Doommaster1994 »

I believe it does use a dongle but I don't own a real copy, or a real ST. I don't mind running it in monochrome, I just wanted to write music on it and I've heard other people get it working.
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

Take a look on eBay for and original copy with dongle... Or here for a dongle-less version you could use to 'try it out' or whatever you decide...
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Thanks, Dal,
I got one more problem before I can run the program. When I tried to run the program, it says this:
"Can't run CREATOR
Please select MEDIUM screen res"
Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

From the desktop, select "Set Preferences" from the "Options" menu and follow your nose
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
Doommaster1994
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Doommaster1994 »

That did it! It seems to be running fine now, though I've heard it crashes, but at least I got it up and running. Thanks guys!

Return to “Steem”