Steem and PC

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Post Reply
alpay
Atarian
Atarian
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:51 am
Location: London
Contact:

Steem and PC

Post by alpay »

I used to have an Atari STE, which I enjoyed very much. Thatw as along time ago. I am now trying to play my old atari games like Pushover on my PC. Should I give up trying to read the floppys and download these games on my HD or can someone give me simple intructions on how to transfer these floppys on to my HD?
alp
User avatar
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2805
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:52 pm
Location: UK - Oxford
Contact:

Post by alexh »

Give up and download ;)

But if you REALLY must... then using MakeDisk in DOS is the best solution

http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~ifmar/makedisk/index.pl
User avatar
Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 12:44 pm
Location: Saint Cloud (France)
Contact:

Post by Zorro 2 »

Please, visit this Wiki website (http://www.atari-forum.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page), maybe you can find that you want...
Last edited by Zorro 2 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of NoExtra Team
ppera

Post by ppera »

alexh wrote:Give up and download ;)
But if you REALLY must... then using MakeDisk in DOS is the best solution
Why it is the best solution?

Much better is this:

http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php

I don't get it: people has whether too short or too long memory :D :D
ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru
Posts: 4012
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 7:52 pm
Contact:

Post by ijor »

The best solution is probably different for each and every one, in particular it would depend on which OS are you using.

For modern Windows and standard hardware, I certainly agree that Ppera's imaging software is the best option.
User avatar
guythp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:03 pm
Location: east england

Post by guythp »

ppera wrote:Much better is this:

http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php

I don't get it: people has whether too short or too long memory :D :D
Thirded.. A great program!
The Hairy Pies
ppera

Post by ppera »

ijor wrote:The best solution is probably different for each and every one, in particular it would depend on which OS are you using.

For modern Windows and standard hardware, I certainly agree that Ppera's imaging software is the best option.
Right. My program is worthless for DOS and even Win98 users.

One of reasons why I started with it is that MAKEDISK reports not enough details about unreadable sectors - what is a must if you have floppies with read errors. - How can I know is file which I need is OK?
In meantime floimg growed and now has much more features.
Post Reply

Return to “Steem”