Automation, D-bug, FOF, Cynix And Medway Boys

You can discus menu disks by all those classic ST hack & pack teams. If you have questions, requests or remarks about hackers, packers, screens or just menu disks in general, this is the place to be!

Moderators: bodkinz, Mug UK, Moderator Team

TetsueoTux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Automation, D-bug, FOF, Cynix And Medway Boys

Post by TetsueoTux »

Hi all

I currently have...

Automation disks 0 to 512

D-Bug disks 1A to 157D

FOF disks 2 to 54 (cant find disk 1 anywhere 8O )

Cynix disks 1 to 8 (even dureing the day when i had my atari st i dont remember these guys)

Medway Boys disks 1 to 112

If any of you out there are looking for disks from these collections please let me know and i can arrange someway to send them to you :D
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Post by Brume »

- the complete collection of D-Bug disks may be found on the official website. You miss all recent menus: http://dbug.atari.org
- not sure you really have Automation 0 to 512... do you have issue 500a ? ;)
- FOF #1 may be found here: http://www.planetemu.net
(see the part 'ordinateurs' - 'Atari ST' - 'roms' - 'Compilations')
TetsueoTux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by TetsueoTux »

Thank you Brume :D

You're right i have disks 500B to 500I but no 500A :cry: But again thank you for the links :D
Zippy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Automation, D-bug, FOF, Cynix And Medway Boys

Post by Zippy »

TetsueoTux wrote:Cynix disks 1 to 8 (even dureing the day when i had my atari st i dont remember these guys)
<lol> I guess you weren't getting your disks from the Barras then... you would always get the latest Medway Boys + Cynix stuff there. ;)
TetsueoTux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by TetsueoTux »

I did get a few of my games from there and my memory upgrade as well :wink: But its been such a long time the medwayboys and automation disks are really the only names that i remember :oops:
The Class Room Is The Last Room To Learn The Truth - Rage Against The Machine
Zippy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Zippy »

TetsueoTux wrote:I did get a few of my games from there
Cool, i might know you from "back in the day" then, since i was down there every weekend supplying them the games. :)
Eric1427
Retro freak
Retro freak

Post by Eric1427 »

I think the Automation 500A was never released ... but ... :roll: :?:

And for Cynix there is a #9 menu :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TetsueoTux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by TetsueoTux »

lol there are lots of menu disks i still dont have yet, just thought i'd offer what i have to anyone that might be looking for them 8)
TetsueoTux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by TetsueoTux »

oh and thank you for the disk Eric :D 8)
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

FOF 1

:twisted:

Now please someone help me get an Amiga 600 floppy drive - lol

Enjoy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TetsueoTux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by TetsueoTux »

hey zippy back then i used to go to this guy who was set up just round the corner from the oyster shop, used to have to go up these really steep set of stairs to get to him. He would have all the game sheets pinned to the wall. They closed that part of the market down though.
NewGeezer
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NewGeezer »

Hi guys,

Seeming as im still dumb in the ways of downloading and imaging and stuff i would be rather interested in getting hold of some of these disks. Just than till ive learnt properly how to do it for my self. :?
Would you be able to help me out could give a little cash or something if needed, cheers.
What a day im having!!!!
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

If you have an amiga floppy drive... lol (hoping here really need one)
NewGeezer
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NewGeezer »

i do believe i know some one who has but i cant get in contact with him till monday mate. He had an atari and an amiga but never uses them think they live in the attic lol ill see if he has them handy still for ya. :D
What a day im having!!!!
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

That would be great mate!

Obviously in return I can either buy it off him or do you some Atari CD's, etc. or a combonation of both...
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Teach you not to go for the A1200 ;-)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
NewGeezer
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NewGeezer »

no worries ill av a chat wih him on monday so fingers crossed. Is it easy to turn the cds into normal ST disks so i can use them on the ST or do they run on PC only mate
What a day im having!!!!
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

A little program called makedisk that converts them from .ST or .MSA so they play on the ST fine.

This program has to be run under DOS only - so you have to boot from a Windows 98 / ME bootdisk and run it like that off the CD.

And Muggy...

You are a git - it only cost me £1.21 the frigging floppy drive is going to cost me more than that.... however the 16MB addon will probably get me the cash back should it all go down hill....
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

I remember when next-door neighbours in Wales went for the A600 instead of the A1200 .. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha ;-)

I'd still got my A500 plus 28Mhz accelerator, h/drive and Action Replay .. couldn't use an Amiga with floppies only - same as an ST .. once you're used to working with h/drives, floppies are so .................

(mind you, never had a h/drive for the Speccy, Amstrad or C64 .. but floppy drives/microdrives were just as good!)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Post by aktiv8 »

Ahhhhh Microdrives muggy- I remember those days.. alas mine died many years ago in an incident involving a horrible burning smell....

It was an absolute god-send to have a floppy disk drive on the speccy (didnt have a plus 3 - hated them! - but had the excellent plus D and disiple)

Mind you these days on my speccy eumlators I cant help but want to load up the games as if they were loading from tape (i.e. the TZX file format!) - yes maybe I'm mad but I cant help it! :P
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

I had the A600 purely because I got it for £1.21 - lol

I will get the A1200 eventually but they aint compatible with the older games that I used to enjoy...

Eventually when I get the desk situation at home sorted out then I'll get my commodore 64 setup as well..
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I will not part with my A1200, but a friend of mine also has one,
unfortunately the sound does not work, but if you need a floppy drive...?
His A1200 also has a Zorro2 card with a 68EC030 cpu, and 8 megs fast ram, and a 300ish meg IDE HDD (wow thats small)

Let me know if any of the above interests you and I will gladly convey the interest.

Andy
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

Hey RetroGamer.

I would have anything he is willing to get rid off if it's cheap enough - lol

Let me know what he's getting rid of and how much he wants and I'm sure we can come to some arrangement..

At the moment I have DVD drives / Memory (PC2100 and below) / etc. etc. if you want hardware instead of cash or as well as?

You can email me at: maccaz@dsl.pipex.com

Or PM / reply in this post or all - lol

Many thanks,

Macca.

Return to “Menu Disks”