I am looking for the following games....

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

DoomMaster
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

I am looking for the following games....

Post by DoomMaster »

Hi everybody,

I am looking for the following games to complete my vintage Atari ST games collection:

Gods
Barbarian II (Platform Version)
Phantasie III
Technocop
Sidewinder
Silkworm
Ultima V (NTSC version)
Questron II

I do not want the .st or .msa versions of these games. I would like the actual files from each game disk to be zipped to a file. So there will be Gods.zip, BarbarianII.zip, and so on. I only collect totally cracked games and I am willing to pay for them. I do not like copy-protected games because they put a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on my disk drives and they can not be archived to a CD-ROM or played from a hard disk. If anyone is interested I do have the Hard Disk version of Dungeon Master with all of the maps and the editor. It is TOTALLY cracked and works great. I baught the original disk about 13 years ago and had a friend completely remove ALL of the copy protection. He also made it so that it can be played from disk or hard drive. These are the kinds of cracked games that I am looking for. Thanks :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atari ST - The second best computer of the '80s
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

I wrote a cheat routine for Technocop .. all those moons ago :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

As for Gods and Barbarian 2 - you'll be lucky to have a files-version as it was a DMA-loader job. Definitely the problem with Gods, but Barbarian 2 might just be a track/sector-loader and not a DMA loader.

Unless someone (ie. Superior) made a file-version which would work off the h/drive with their replacement .SYS file ..
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
dungeon.master
The Beast with a Million Eyes
The Beast with a Million Eyes

Re: I am looking for the following games....

Post by dungeon.master »

DoomMaster wrote:Hi everybody,

I am looking for the following games to complete my vintage Atari ST games collection:

Gods
Barbarian II (Platform Version)
Phantasie III
Technocop
Sidewinder
Silkworm
Ultima V (NTSC version)
Questron II

If anyone is interested I do have the Hard Disk version of Dungeon Master with all of the maps and the editor. It is TOTALLY cracked and works great. :)
Hi DoomMaster,
i think you have search on Ebay ?
I personaly found a lot of games on good state, with doc and other things, for a good price.

for the version of DM, i'm really interrested :D
but also the DM community : http://dmweb.free.fr/

Thanks !
Games hunter, for Atari Legend
dungeon.master
timski
Atarian
Atarian

Barbarian!

Post by timski »

Barbarian and Barbarian 2 were AMAZING!! Those gorey sounds and blood and guts flying everywhere. What I'd give to have them again...
DoomMaster

Technocop

Post by DoomMaster »

Hi everybody,

I just bought Technocop, Mint in the Box, on eBay. If anyone needs a copy just let me know. :wink:
offal
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Technocop

Post by offal »

DoomMaster wrote:Hi everybody,

I just bought Technocop, Mint in the Box, on eBay. If anyone needs a copy just let me know. :wink:
How much did it cost you?

And I would most definately be interested in a copy.
ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Post by ST Graveyard »

Doommaster,

We at AtariLegend are always interested in front and back scans of the box. So if you have some spare time, we (and the whole community) would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Grave
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Sister site :
Stonish.net
NewGeezer
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NewGeezer »

ive got a copy of barbarian 2 that i dowloaded the other day and put onto st disk and now playing on the atari if your interested would love a copy of techno cop mate please.

:D
What a day im having!!!!
DoomMaster

Post by DoomMaster »

NewGeezer wrote:ive got a copy of barbarian 2 that i dowloaded the other day and put onto st disk and now playing on the atari if your interested would love a copy of techno cop mate please.

:D
I prefer the .msa file format. I do not use an Atari ST emulator, I use a real Atari ST computer. I have found that MSA is the best way to archive whole disks for use on a real Atari ST. I do not like the .st file format.
Silver Surfer
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Silver Surfer »

There is a Windoze proggie called MSA Converter that can convert st files to msa files. It does alot of other stuff as well, I'd recommend you to check it out.
DoomMaster

Post by DoomMaster »

ST Graveyard wrote:Doommaster,

We at AtariLegend are always interested in front and back scans of the box. So if you have some spare time, we (and the whole community) would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Grave
As soon as the guy emails me an invoice then I can pay him for it and he can ship it to me. When I get Technocop I will scan the front and back of the box in 1024 X 768 resolution, bmp format. If you need the pics in a different resolution or picture format just let me know. If you guys want, I can also create an MSA file of the original disk, but I think that Technocop is copy protected (not sure).
DoomMaster

Post by DoomMaster »

Silver Surfer wrote:There is a Windoze proggie called MSA Converter that can convert st files to msa files. It does alot of other stuff as well, I'd recommend you to check it out.
Where can I get this program?
Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Post by Brume »

NewGeezer
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NewGeezer »

I use a real Atari 1040e as well and the .st games i put on to disk work absolutely fine mate. i use msa as well they both work without a drama.[/quote]
What a day im having!!!!
Daddy
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Daddy »

Yep but a real atari st can handle msa file to create disk... he cant handle st files ;)
NewGeezer
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by NewGeezer »

how do you mean i can use both with makedisk and putting on the atari no problems not sure what you mean by that lol :?:
What a day im having!!!!
Daddy
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Daddy »

I meant you can create a disk from a MSA file with a tool on your real Atari.
I think there is no tools that allow you to do that with a st file on a real Atari.

So, Imagine someone who does not have a PC and only uses his atari, he wont be able to do anything with a st file.

But maybe I am wrong ? :D
simonsunnyboy

Post by simonsunnyboy »

Why would you want to create .ST if you can create better .MSA on the ST? .MSA is compressed afterall.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee
Macca
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by Macca »

Can't think of the tool now (MSA Suite 1.41 I think) but it allows both writing of ST and MSA on the ST.

ST files are uncompressed as already stated here - so for preservation I'd use that format...

MSA files are compressed ST files - so they are, obviously, not an identical copy of the original...

All depends on whether you need space to store the images really...
derLegoMann
Retro freak
Retro freak

MsatoST and STtoMSA

Post by derLegoMann »

Hi!

There are tools called MSAtoST and STtoMSA!
look in the attachment, with this tool you can make a *.MSA file from your *.ST file.

p.s. sorry for the double upload!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Games - Requests”