Wizard's Crown (SSI)

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I will have a look for that one! Cheers :)
Better change back to ST now or we will get wrists slapped!, unless we were in the "no topic" forum, where any topic is allowed, even topics that stump everyone with screenshots of a Japanese SNES game :D such fun :)
bpadinha
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bpadinha »

RetroGamerUK wrote:That Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption, is it an early PC game? Will it run on XP, with DX 9b etc,
Or would I have to run it on my Dell Dimension in MS DOS
Since we're off-topic, anyway, might as well go off the off-topic: Bochs (http://bochs.sourceforge.net/) and DOSbox (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/) allow you to play older PC games in a modern (i.e., >=XP) pc.

bp
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Ah I tried that DOSbox with Eye of the Beholder III, and it had weird and wonderful effects on my PC, but did'nt play the game, the bloody game would never run on my Dell because of the usual "not enough memory" error typical of archaic MS DOS programs.
I tried all the other methods savailable online but eventually decided to abandon MS DOS games until a decent emulator was available (with 640k emulated memory!!!!).

Cheers Bruno
DoomMaster
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Wizard's Crown

Post by DoomMaster »

RetroGamerUK wrote:Hello again,
You can all relax now as I have finally found it :)
A really super ace cool great guy from Germany called Sonix dug it out of his parent's loft, imaged the disks, and sent them over to my computation machine here in good old Rochdale by MAGIC I think.
I am so pleased I have posted the disks here, they are images of the originals as the copy protection startup questions are still there, but all I needed was one of the level files which is corrupt on the Automation version.
It really is a cool game in my opinion :)

Thanks again Sonix!
The Wizard's Crown Data Disk .st file is NOT working. Can you please upload that file again? Thanks :D
Atari ST - The second best computer of the '80s
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Of course...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DoomMaster

Post by DoomMaster »

RetroGamerUK wrote:Of course...
Hi RetroGamerUK,

When I use ST2Disk I get a Wzcrndat folder with nothing in it. Could you please just ZIP the files from your original Wizard's Crown Data Disk and upload it? Thanks. :)

Oh, the first Wizcrn.st file works just fine. :D
Atari ST - The second best computer of the '80s
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Hello,
Those disk images are from original, uncracked Wizards Crown disks, that is why there appears to be no files, some early copy protection I presume. So I cannot send you just the files as I cannot see them either.
I just tried the very same Data Disk and it works fine for me.
I am using Steem latest version BTW.

Cheers
minotaurmage
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Wizard's Crown (SSI)

Post by minotaurmage »

I formatted a new disk and labeled it, but when I try looking for it Steem only sees the game and data disks. Is there a step I'm missing?

Return to “Games - Requests”