Thinking of selling my Falcon030...

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

bobnsam
Atariator
Atariator

Thinking of selling my Falcon030...

Post by bobnsam »

Throughout the 80's I always wanted a Falcon030 or a TT or a MegSTE ....... I went from STFM to STE but never got passed a 4mb STE.

I few years back I was able to get hold of a Falcon for a few hundred £, but it still doesn't give me the nostagalia feeling that me old ST's do.

I would never part with my Atari STFM and Atari STE's but recently I have been wondering if someone could use the Falcon more than I do? I can list all the hardware and extras here after I test everything.

It's in MINT condition, fully working but I don't know what a good price would be? There is always a Falcon on ebay.co.uk for £800, and although I would love that amount! hahahaha, it seems a bit over the top?

Also, the best place to sell it as ebay charges etc always put me off.

I obviously don't have to sell it, but I tend to hoard a lot of hardware.

So I am tinkering with the idea........

Jason
Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Thinking of selling my Falcon030...

Post by Robson »

I'd say post pictures of the bird and accessories first. Probably £4-500 is realistic nowadays for a base falcon.
In which country are you?
------------------------------------------------------------
https://sites.google.com/view/tercsirobi/home
bobnsam
Atariator
Atariator

Post by bobnsam »

Thanks Robson, I was thinking in that range. I just keep thinking there is someone out there wants one more than need it :-)

I am in the UK, Cambridgeshire

Jason
Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Robson »

There is always a market for a falcon.
A lot depends on the additional stuff. A CT63 would double the price immediately for example (this is why I said base falcon). Is it boxed, etc?

Re ebay charges: I'd put the advert up here in the forum (For Sale/Wanted) and on amibay (Atari hw for sale). For payment you ask for "paypal friend" or buyer pays fee.

Let us see it first though :).
galax
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by galax »

bobnsam wrote:Throughout the 80's I always wanted a Falcon030 or a TT or a MegSTE ...
They were released in 1992, 1990, and 1991 respectively- I lusted after the TT and then the Falcon too at the time. I have all three now, and I'm not quite ready to part with any of them yet, if I had to keep one it would actually be the Mega STE, which is odd as the other two would fetch higher prices. Easy to set up, great software compatibility, patched games can run significantly smoother.
DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by DarkLord »

You know it's odd, but I almost feel the same way. I think I'd sell my Falcon before I'd sell mine or (especially!)
my super modified STacy.
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520
Struisvogel
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Struisvogel »

Hi all,

I'm new from the Netherlands. I'm also thinking about selling my Atari Falcon. I want to take some pictures of everything I have. I have several video digitizers, sound samplers (hardware, boxes and manuals), STOS, Atari Falcon with 14 MB of ram, HD, VGA adapter (and optionally a 4:3 LCD monitor that works well on the Falcon). The Falcon itself doesn't look discoloured at all, and it's in it's original, still very good looking box...

No clue what the value of the system is though... I've had it for quite a while now....

Oh, selling because the RSI problems have become so bad, that I can't really play with the computers any more :(

Best Regards,

Bas van Schooten.
SoundDoctor
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by SoundDoctor »

Don't all sell them at once! The bottom will fall out the market.

I too have one I have been thinking of selling because I have two and I can't justify keeping both when I consider all of the other Atari stuff I have accumulated. TT, four Megas (ok, it's really three and a half Megas until I fix one and get a replacement big button floppy drive), STe, STFM...my missus thinks I'm completely crazy.

Looking at recent sales on eBay £400 - 500 seems fair but they can go for more, or less. A few years ago I paid 550 for one and 350 for the other; the more expensive one was not in original box or in as good condition as the cheaper one which was almost factory new.
TT030 10mb/16mb/1Gb, Coco. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Lynxman), 1Gb CF. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Atari) 170mb IDE. Mega 1 big button (mash up badged Mega 4) 4mb (home cooked RAM upgrade) ICD ADSpeed ST OverScan. Mega 2 big button (4mb), Mega 1 small button (4mb home cooked 72pin SIMM slot), 520 STe (SIPPs), 520 STFM (4mb using a Falcon 4mb board + Blitter).
Struisvogel
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Struisvogel »

Well, a few pictures. There are 16 in higher quality, but I picked 7 out of them..
It's the Falcon (14 MB and HD) and lots of stuff. Hardware, software, all in box.
Some specifically for the Falcon, some for the ST/Falcon...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AtariCrypt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by AtariCrypt »

Damn, I'd LOVE a Falcon again. Sold mine in the late 90s - because I'm an idiot!
... can anyone wait until Summer before I've got the cash? Didn't think so ;)

Steve
AtariCrypt game website
https://ataricrypt.blogspot.com
shazzner
Atari User
Atari User

Post by shazzner »

I'm in the market for a Falcon! I think I've given up my TT quest haha

I'm a US buyer though...
Atari 1040ST
lschafroth
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by lschafroth »

shazzner wrote:I'm in the market for a Falcon! I think I've given up my TT quest haha

I'm a US buyer though...
San Antonio! Thats where I'm from. If you ever get a Falcon, message me so I can come look at it!!

Lannie
shazzner
Atari User
Atari User

Post by shazzner »

lschafroth wrote:
shazzner wrote:I'm in the market for a Falcon! I think I've given up my TT quest haha

I'm a US buyer though...
San Antonio! Thats where I'm from. If you ever get a Falcon, message me so I can come look at it!!

Lannie
Hey Lannie! Odd place to meet but PM me sometime and we can do an Atari meetup :)
Atari 1040ST
Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Robson »

Struisvogel wrote:Well, a few pictures. There are 16 in higher quality, but I picked 7 out of them..
It's the Falcon (14 MB and HD) and lots of stuff. Hardware, software, all in box.
Some specifically for the Falcon, some for the ST/Falcon...
Nice. Sent you a pm.
galax
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by galax »

SoundDoctor wrote:Don't all sell them at once! The bottom will fall out the market.
Haha, I don't think that will happen- the Falcon has a certain mystique that makes it both desirable and hard to part with. I'd be too scared that Doug Little will finish his Quake 2 port the week after I sell it,
paul92706
Atari God
Atari God

Post by paul92706 »

galax wrote:
SoundDoctor wrote:Don't all sell them at once! The bottom will fall out the market.
Haha, I don't think that will happen- the Falcon has a certain mystique that makes it both desirable and hard to part with. I'd be too scared that Doug Little will finish his Quake 2 port the week after I sell it,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Atari Falcon CT60/CTPCI 14MB+ 512mb ATI9250 + NetUSBee
Atari Falcon030 CF 4gb + NetUSBee+ 14MB Ram
Atari TT030 2meg STRAM/16meg TTRAM + Nova Adaptor +Maxtor SCSI HD + DaynaPort Pocket SCSI
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

bobnsam wrote: I few years back I was able to get hold of a Falcon for a few hundred £, but it still doesn't give me the nostagalia feeling that me old ST's do.
That's because the falcon is different from the ST. Since you only used till the MSTE, which is again very different from the Falcon.
You should not have any nostalgic feeling for the Falcon.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list
Struisvogel
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Struisvogel »

Hi guys,

Silly question perhaps, but I've got some PM's. How can I reply to them? Or can't I at all? I can't find a 'reply' anywhere!
However, I will put some pictures of the Discovery Cartridge (lots of interest in that, which I kind of expected)..

Struis..
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

Struisvogel wrote:Hi guys,

Silly question perhaps, but I've got some PM's. How can I reply to them? Or can't I at all? I can't find a 'reply' anywhere!
However, I will put some pictures of the Discovery Cartridge (lots of interest in that, which I kind of expected)..

Struis..
New people to the forum cannot use the messaging system until their first 3 posts have been approved.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator
catmando
Atari God
Atari God

Post by catmando »

Are Struisvogel and bobnsam the same user?
Atari Falcon Tos 4.04 | 14mb | IDE CF 2GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62 | 4mb | HxC Slim SD 8GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62/2.06 | 4mb | Floppy A-B Mod | IDE SD 4GB
Atari STFM
Android Devices (Running Hataroid and SToid)

Atari Forum Wiki - Use it before asking
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

catmando wrote:Are Struisvogel and bobnsam the same user?
I don't believe so ?
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - various clutter

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm Latest Steem Emulator
catmando
Atari God
Atari God

Post by catmando »

exxos wrote:
catmando wrote:Are Struisvogel and bobnsam the same user?
I don't believe so ?
Just curious as the 1st post was made by one relatively new user and then the pictures appeared from another.
Atari Falcon Tos 4.04 | 14mb | IDE CF 2GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62 | 4mb | HxC Slim SD 8GB
Atari STE Tos 1.62/2.06 | 4mb | Floppy A-B Mod | IDE SD 4GB
Atari STFM
Android Devices (Running Hataroid and SToid)

Atari Forum Wiki - Use it before asking
Struisvogel
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Struisvogel »

No, we aren't the same person :) I'm either Struis or Struisvogel (ostridge in Dutch) on all retro computing forums ...
SoundDoctor
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by SoundDoctor »

Hey Struisvogel, what's that tablety looking think in your second last picture? Is it a graphic's tablet / stylus type of affair?
TT030 10mb/16mb/1Gb, Coco. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Lynxman), 1Gb CF. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Atari) 170mb IDE. Mega 1 big button (mash up badged Mega 4) 4mb (home cooked RAM upgrade) ICD ADSpeed ST OverScan. Mega 2 big button (4mb), Mega 1 small button (4mb home cooked 72pin SIMM slot), 520 STe (SIPPs), 520 STFM (4mb using a Falcon 4mb board + Blitter).
Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Robson »

SoundDoctor wrote:Hey Struisvogel, what's that tablety looking think in your second last picture? Is it a graphic's tablet / stylus type of affair?
That's an Atari Touch Tablet.

Return to “For sale / Wanted”