Falcon on ebay (England)

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Falcon on ebay (England)

Post by Desty »

Saw this Falcon just now; looks pretty good, but the relatively long auction time (10 days...?) means the price will probably end up ridiculous as usual.

A couple of interesting disks with it though (JRD's EMACS for ST & STE... ?? Is this online? Sounds nice - I use emacs nowadays in Windows/OS X).
tá'n poc ar buile!
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Falcon on ebay (England)

Post by alexh »

If it goes for less than £250 I'll eat my spectrum +3
Joel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by Joel »

This is a good reason why they fetch so much, because people post all over the place "drive up the price/check out this on ebay.."

Sorry but unless your selling the thing yourself I just don't see the need to post it.

-Joel
520 STFM (Upgraded to 1mb)
520 STFM (Stock)
520 STFM (Stock)
1040 STE (Stock)
Falcon 030.. I wish!
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Desty »

Joel wrote:Sorry but unless your selling the thing yourself I just don't see the need to post it.
Look at it this way. If I post it here, there's a chance someone who actually wants a Falcon for their own use might buy it. If it stays 'secret', then it's more likely that it'll be snapped up by some constantly-eBay-scouring asshole who just resells it for a higher price immediately.
Do you want that? I don't.
tá'n poc ar buile!
rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by rocket-dog »

Desty wrote:
Joel wrote:Sorry but unless your selling the thing yourself I just don't see the need to post it.
Look at it this way. If I post it here, there's a chance someone who actually wants a Falcon for their own use might buy it. If it stays 'secret', then it's more likely that it'll be snapped up by some constantly-eBay-scouring asshole who just resells it for a higher price immediately.
Do you want that? I don't.
You are quite right to point it out. I didn't know that Atari STs got listed under Video Games on e-Bay until somebody here mentioned a particular lot. We are a small community with a hardware base that is slowly decreasing.

I don't want a Falcon either. My next box is STe from a well known trustworthy seller.
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

rocket-dog wrote:My next box is STe from a well known trustworthy seller.
Hold out for a MegaSTe if you can.

I got mine for £62 last year on ebay, possibly because no-one posted about it here ;)
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Desty »

alexh wrote:If it goes for less than £250 I'll eat my spectrum +3
£208 already with almost a week left in the auction. I wonder where the stupid muppets bidding so soon come from...
tá'n poc ar buile!
MRAtari
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MRAtari »

yep it's already grossly overpriced considering it's a stock 4mb falcon too

guess some people got too much pocket money for xmas then :wink:
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

It's now over £250 so I dont have to eat my +3 which is good cos I just fitted a new rubber band on the disk drive and fixed the hardware audio problem inherent to most +3's
Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Grunaki »

Currently £275..

Factoring in inflation, I don't think they even cost that brand new. 8O

As I've said before - I'd like one for 'tinkering' purposes, but I'm not going to pay hundreds for one.

I just bought a Wii.
It was on my missus' "we'll get one when we can afford it" list, but I actually saw one on the shelf, (which is a total rarity) so I impulse-bought it.

I landed in the doghouse for a while, but she's warming up to it.. If I bought a Falcon for more than the Wii cost (and which she blatantly wouldn't like).. Hmm.. Doesn't bode well.. :?
Thermopylae is now an Enemy Island!
MRAtari
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MRAtari »

£313.33 for a stock 4mb falcon! unboxed too..... laughable really

makes my 14mb falcon with cubase audio & power up bought off ebay last year for just over £100 look like a bargain ...... :wink:
rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by rocket-dog »

MRAtari wrote: my 14mb falcon
In my day we made do with only 1k RAM. 99% of which was reserved for video........
rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by rocket-dog »

alexh wrote:

I got mine for £62 last year on ebay, possibly because no-one posted about it here ;)
At the moment I have got a wonderful SCSI drive I can't use and an UltranSATAN on the way and my humble 520st won't work with either because its TOS is too early. And I am not up to swapping ROMS. I am psyching myself up at the mo' to replace its floppy drive; that is at the upper level of my technical skills. (And even have a go at re-seating the DMA in my Mega.)

I hope my original post in this thread didn't read too rude because it wasn't meant that way. :(

If a MegaSTe comes along and I have the money I will have look. The detachable keyboard 2 box form is more practical.

At the moment though I am thinking of getting a BeagleBoard. Ubuntu for Arm will be available in April. As it is small fanless it will make a super dedicated box for STEEM (and other emulators) And being new hardware possibly a better bet for longevity.
MRAtari
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MRAtari »

rocket-dog wrote:
alexh wrote:

At the moment I have got a wonderful SCSI drive I can't use and an UltranSATAN on the way and my humble 520st won't work with either because its TOS is too early. And I am not up to swapping ROMS. I am psyching myself up at the mo' to replace its floppy drive; that is at the upper level of my technical skills. (And even have a go at re-seating the DMA in my Mega.)

I hope my original post in this thread didn't read too rude because it wasn't meant that way. :(

If a MegaSTe comes along and I have the money I will have look. The detachable keyboard 2 box form is more practical.

At the moment though I am thinking of getting a BeagleBoard. Ubuntu for Arm will be available in April. As it is small fanless it will make a super dedicated box for STEEM (and other emulators) And being new hardware possibly a better bet for longevity.
what version is the TOS in your 520 STFM? and if your DMA chip is socketed and you need a replacement i possibly have one spare...
stimpy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by stimpy »

Netus-Bee,Repairs,Upgrades,EtherNEC,Eiffel
rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by rocket-dog »

My 520 has 1.02. Alison set me up a utility and we went through some tests. The ST is fine. It needs 1.04 (Rainbow). I don't want to fiddle with this box beyond sorting out the disk drive.

I haven't opened up the Mega yet to find out what is what under the hood. Ali diagnosed the DMA as a possible problem because the external floppy drive doesn't work. If you remember I started a thread about it. Another member has since suggested that re-seating the DMA may be a solution.
MRAtari
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MRAtari »

rocket-dog wrote:My 520 has 1.02. Alison set me up a utility and we went through some tests. The ST is fine. It needs 1.04 (Rainbow). I don't want to fiddle with this box beyond sorting out the disk drive.

I haven't opened up the Mega yet to find out what is what under the hood. Ali diagnosed the DMA as a possible problem because the external floppy drive doesn't work. If you remember I started a thread about it. Another member has since suggested that re-seating the DMA may be a solution.
depends if the DMA is socketed
rocket-dog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by rocket-dog »

Thanks. Great once this exam is finished I get a chance to kill both my Atari's.

If the DMA isn't socketed the Mega is still usable; so no worries!

Return to “For sale / Wanted”