Selling Advice?

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Selling Advice?

Post by fatboy »

Hi!,
This is just a follow-up from an earlier post!
I have a 1000+ new old-stock Atari ST games to off-load (just too many taking up too much room) and was considering the best option?

I'm not going to give them away but I am happy to sell each one below the current average selling on-line price????

I put a small selection on http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Zoogamer and have had quite a few people looking but no buyers yet?
Am I too expensive or are there just not a lot of people buying Atari games?

I will combine postage on multiple orders (collectors only please) and am more than happy to arrange a private viewing if your are local to Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Selling Advice?

Post by techie_alison »

Ooooh, eBid.

Hey I saw that you'd mailed me a couple of weeks back. HUGE apologies for not mailing back, as I now can't find the email amongst the 1000's of spam.
If I don't answer or appear to have forgotton then email again, I'm scatty! :)

http://www.logicsays.com/ = Updated Site
http://www.logicsays.com/index1 = Older Site (with more Atari)
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

There are a couple of good Spectrum +3 disks, I've bid several times but never met the reserve.
There are 3 very good C64 disks (driller, exolon and mercenary) but I am a very casual C64 user.
There are no Atari ST titles of any merit listed.
There are no N64 titles of any merit listed.
There are no Lynx titles of any merit (that I don't already own)
There are one or two great Amiga games at very good prices... but for me WHDload makes Amiga disks somewhat redundant ;)

It's just me, but I'm never going to buy any tape games again. I just don't have the patience for them to load.

I think your main problem is the titles you have listed are too poor. The N64 games you have listed for example are not worth spit.
fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by fatboy »

alexh wrote:There are a couple of good Spectrum +3 disks, I've bid several times but never met the reserve.
There are 3 very good C64 disks (driller, exolon and mercenary) but I am a very casual C64 user.
There are no Atari ST titles of any merit listed.
There are no N64 titles of any merit listed.
There are no Lynx titles of any merit (that I don't already own)
There are one or two great Amiga games at very good prices... but for me WHDload makes Amiga disks somewhat redundant ;)

It's just me, but I'm never going to buy any tape games again. I just don't have the patience for them to load.

I think your main problem is the titles you have listed are too poor. The N64 games you have listed for example are not worth spit.
Well to the point...always better to be honest!
Hint....the reserve on star glider 2 is £5.00, but you didn't hear that from me :wink:

I am always open to fair offers but I'm not in the business of giving away games (although I have just offered WOS 1000+ budget Spectrum games for free....but I don't like to talk about my charity work)

Of course what you consider to be of merit or not is entirely your own opinion and I am sure a few people might take you up on that!...check my Mega Drive Jap imports!

Most of what I am listing is NEW old stock and in A1 condition and I think most is being offered at near or lower than pre-owned versions on ebay? I have only listed a TINY fraction of what I have (10,000+ items) and will continue to up-load daily....I'm sure you might find something that floats your boat at some point!

As for the Atari stuff, some people will know that this was the entire stock from High Street Micro in Crewe, so if anyone happens to have a list I'd love copy :lol:

OK the market is pretty much dead and saturated but I'm looking to clear stock so price is VERY negotiable!!! Private viewings can be arranged if anyone is near to Tunbridge Wells!
bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bj »

Hi
Did you say you also had some "serious" applications? Why not list them here with a suggested asking price & see what response you get. Worth a try I guess.
Last edited by bj on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards
BJ
fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by fatboy »

bj wrote:Hi
Did you say you also had some 2serious" applications? Why not list them here with a suggested asking price & see what response you get. Worth a try I guess.
I'll hunt them out and list!
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

I don't suppose you've got a copy of Codemasters CD Game pack for the Spectrum?
Dizzy Collection for the CD32?
Banjo Tooie or Conkers bad fur day for the N64?
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Some gaps in my collection would be filled in but not currently at your eBid prices until it's nearer pay-day :)

Would be interested in:

Discovery (one of the few Impressions games I'm missing)
Crime City (think I did a cheat for the saved game but don't have the original)
Rocket Ranger (purely because it's got a different front / back to the one I have)
Stratego
Last Ninja 3
Ultimate Ride

Oh and you've got the wrong picture for the Magnetic Scrolls collection (shows the same picture as Discovery)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by fatboy »

alexh wrote:I don't suppose you've got a copy of Codemasters CD Game pack for the Spectrum?
Dizzy Collection for the CD32?
Banjo Tooie or Conkers bad fur day for the N64?
To be honest I only have a bit of N64 stuff (about 30 or so loose ones to list yet...possible Banjo Tooie?)
The Codemasters CD game pack I may have seen it once when going through the 1000's of Spectrum games, I'll keep a look out for it!
I only have Dizzy on Amiga Floppy.

If only everyone could come down to see my stock I could shift bucket loads :cry:

I guess all I can do is keep listing?

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot but most reserve prices are at least half the buy it now price :roll:
I'll also combine postage so don't be put off by multiple orders!
fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by fatboy »

muguk wrote:Some gaps in my collection would be filled in but not currently at your eBid prices until it's nearer pay-day :)

Would be interested in:

Discovery (one of the few Impressions games I'm missing)
Crime City (think I did a cheat for the saved game but don't have the original)
Rocket Ranger (purely because it's got a different front / back to the one I have)
Stratego
Last Ninja 3
Ultimate Ride

Oh and you've got the wrong picture for the Magnetic Scrolls collection (shows the same picture as Discovery)
Make me an offer? ebid are less strict on ending listings...unlike ebay! :wink:
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

PM sent
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

fatboy wrote:The Codemasters CD game pack I may have seen it once when going through the 1000's of Spectrum games
If you find it, I'll have it.

I just spent some time last week converting some spectrum TAPES into accelerated MP3's. They now load in as normal via an MP3 player in about 20 seconds rather than the usual 2-3 mins. Each game is a very small MP3 so I got a £5 128Mbyte MP3 player from Tesco and it's now full of 100's of speccy games.
Joel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by Joel »

I think most is being offered at near or lower than pre-owned versions on ebay?
As Alexh states, a lot of your games seem fairly pedestrian, most less than. Also, Atari ST games, in the main, have not often reached the dizzy heights of more than £5, new or not. If you have reserves on all your items I fear you may be wasting your time. You might at least start them at the reserve price, I know I for one prefer to know a price before I even click a link. If I spot a reserve I, and many others, don't waste our time unless it's a rare item.

Sorry to be a bummer but, you asked. :(

-Joel
520 STFM (Upgraded to 1mb)
520 STFM (Stock)
520 STFM (Stock)
1040 STE (Stock)
Falcon 030.. I wish!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Saying that, I'd be interested in a few of those NES games if the buy prices were lower.

-Joel
520 STFM (Stock)
520 STFM (Stock)
1040 STE (Stock)
Falcon 030.. I wish!
fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by fatboy »

Joel wrote:Saying that, I'd be interested in a few of those NES games if the buy prices were lower.

-Joel
Make me an offer!.
E-bid are less fussy about deleting listings than ebay!
fatboy
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by fatboy »

I keep saying this but if anyone can get down to me in Kent I will take offers on ANY ST game I have!!!

I just want to clear the 30 or so bread trays for the room. I'm sure there will be some decent games in the 100's I have??

I don't want to skip the games and I don't want them to end up in the hands of a trader....I more than happy to trade the ST stuff for other retro gear (Amiga, Spectrum, Oric, MSX and others) for my own collection.
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

fatboy wrote:I keep saying this but if anyone can get down to me in Kent I will take offers on ANY ST game I have!!!
I just want to clear the 30 or so bread trays for the room. I'm sure there will be some decent games in the 100's I have??
I don't want to skip the games and I don't want them to end up in the hands of a trader....I more than happy to trade the ST stuff for other retro gear (Amiga, Spectrum, Oric, MSX and others) for my own collection.
I would like nothing more than to take you up on this offer. It would be heaven for me (well, not quite but you get the idea).

However, it's not geographically feasible as you can see.
Member of the Atari Legend team
Joel

Post by Joel »

I keep saying this but if anyone can get down to me in Kent I will take offers on ANY ST game I have!!!
Well now that is interesting :)

I'm not sure I'd have anything you'd be interested in but if you have 100's of ST games I'm sure there'd be a few I'd be interested in.

You have PM ;)

-Joel
520 STFM (Stock)
520 STFM (Stock)
1040 STE (Stock)
Falcon 030.. I wish!
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Not sure when I'll be able to make it down to Kent but at least I've found a home for a large chunk of these Amiga games I got as part of a large bundle :)

Swapsies! :)

Return to “For sale / Wanted”