Contacting Tony Greenwood...

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Contacting Tony Greenwood...

Post by bullis1 »

Does anyone know the best way? I'm looking for a valid email address for the guy. The Stosser Software site doesn't seem to have one. If you don't think he'd like to have it displayed on a public forum you could PM it to me or even email me.

Thanks for the help you may be able to give.
Nyh
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Contacting Tony Greenwood...

Post by Nyh »

bullis1 wrote:Does anyone know the best way? I'm looking for a valid email address for the guy. The Stosser Software site doesn't seem to have one. If you don't think he'd like to have it displayed on a public forum you could PM it to me or even email me.

Thanks for the help you may be able to give.
Did you try to contact this guy?
http://www.atari-forum.com/profile.php? ... ile&u=1270

Hans Wessels
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

Hmmm, no I didn't. Unfortunately that account's last activity was in 2004, and the profile contains no contact info other than PM.

Are there any other leads?
Carbon
Atariator
Atariator

Post by Carbon »

I believe Tony does work for Cyberstrider these days. Might be worth contacting them.

However, I do know that Tony has long left the Atari scene.
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

I'm aware that he's long left the scene, but I'd like to obtain some previously released source code and files from him that have gone offline over the years.

I have found an email address that should lead me to him. I've sent a message and I hope I get a reply. If I end up obtaining anything I'll be sure to share it if it's okay with him.

edit: Okay the message failed to deliver. Back to square one :(
pop
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by pop »

hi,try this link,it seems he made a brief appearance in feb 2007 under the name stosser http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=stosser :)
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

Oh, I remember that. Unfortunately that profile's only contact info is PM as well.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

http://www.stosser.co.uk/index.php ?

why you trying to contact him ?
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

exxos wrote:why you trying to contact him ?
From Bullis' post
bullis1 wrote:I'd like to obtain some previously released source code and files from him that have gone offline over the years.
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

His website was the first thing I tried, and like I said It doesn't have any valid contact info.

I want to contact him to get ahold of some of the files that used to be on his site, mainly the ST+ mag shell. I could probably find these things elsewhere as well but I'd like the source code, which he only released for a few of his older diskmag shells.
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

tony greenwoods

Post by charles »

i believe somebody had a small clip from newspaper relating him to a uk/british/english soccer league marketing director or something..right here within this forum ....

wish i could help further but you know how it is , if your not busy, your busy...i barely have time to do any thing so on that note ...bye

charles

try th esearch option , "tony greenwood [up to now days]" ....or somethoing
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: tony greenwoods

Post by Grunaki »

charles wrote:i believe somebody had a small clip from newspaper relating him to a uk/british/english soccer league marketing director or something..right here within this forum ....

wish i could help further but you know how it is , if your not busy, your busy...i barely have time to do any thing so on that note ...bye

charles

try th esearch option , "tony greenwood [up to now days]" ....or somethoing
That was this thread : http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10577

Try this e-mail for him - pics(a)kipax.com (replace with @ sign - removed it to get rid of spambots.)
Thermopylae is now an Enemy Island!
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

Thanks for the leads, I've sent off another email to his kipax address.

Edit: Okay, he's replied! Thanks for the help guys!
Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Grunaki »

Did he have what you were after?
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

Yes he did! In fact, he zipped up everything he ever did for the ST ever and gave it to me. That includes all of his games, diskmags, diskmag shells, and tools, plus the source code to all of it! He also included his unfinished works from around 1998 and the code to them too. They are not documented however.

The thing is, is that they are for my use only (I think) for now until I contact him again and make sure that I can share it. I already asked him but he didn't give a straight answer. It seemed that he was uploading it for me only at the time.

However I will try to get permission to release this stuff, and hopefully get the unfinished stuff onto http://www.xbattlestation.com/forgottencreations/ .

In any case, what a nice guy eh?
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Nice one! Looking forward to you being able to share this stuff. Quite interesting to see the sources etc.
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

He released the source code to a few of his projects in the past, but they have all been lost. I'm sure soeone has some of this stuff already, but there is plenty of new material.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

It would be great if you could pass it onto us to upload onto the stos website too.

chris
Carbon
Atariator
Atariator

Post by Carbon »

bullis1 wrote:Yes he did! In fact, he zipped up everything he ever did for the ST ever and gave it to me. That includes all of his games, diskmags, diskmag shells, and tools, plus the source code to all of it! He also included his unfinished works from around 1998 and the code to them too. They are not documented however.
Heh, I wonder if he gave you any of the code to the intro he did for my old PDL (Transparent Dreams if anybody remembers)
Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Grunaki »

Did Mr. Stosser give his consent then? :?
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

I was wondering what happend, we would good to put the archive on the STOS site with all the other stos stuff..
bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by bullis1 »

No, he never replied.

Perhaps the email was lost? I'll try sending a new one I guess.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I thought to myself, "I'm sure those people on the forum are wondering when the hell they're going to get this stuff." I wish I knew! However, if it turns out I can no longer get a hold of him then I'll have to give the (quite large) package to some certain trustworthy folks with websites and then they can decide what they'll make available to everyone. Some things in the package certainly have "warez" status, as he also gave me his copy of STOS itself and all the extensions. Or was this released into the public domain by Mandarin/Clickteam? I can't remember.
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Stos is now freeware and the Stos program sources for the interpreter and compiler are now gpl.
Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Maartau »

PaulB wrote:Stos is now freeware and the Stos program sources for the interpreter and compiler are now gpl.
Good news ! I'm curious to know how many ppl there code in STOS?

Or have done it in the past??

Yep, that's just curiousity... I admit that was cool & not so hard to create games 8) .
darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by darklight »

bullis1 wrote:However I will try to get permission to release this stuff, and hopefully get the unfinished stuff onto http://www.xbattlestation.com/forgottencreations/ .
Woah missed this one 'cos I was on holiday - thanks for keeping the site in mind :D

So no reply from Tony huh? Maybe I should try? I bet his unfinished work would be really interesting...
Storm Clouds over the Western Front - my WW1 2D dogfighting game for windows
2D Flight Sims - side scrolling aerial combat games

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”