those songs which you can't remember

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

those songs which you can't remember

Post by exxos »

Had a song going around my head all day, its an 80s song, bloke sings up, pop music, from bits I can remember I only came up with .

ALKALINE TRIO - EMMA

As I think the lyrics goes "her name is emmaaaaaaaaa", but its not that.

then

ALANIS MORISSETTE - 21 THINGS I WANT IN A LOVER

though thats a girl , so not that.

Its like a love song, the guy is on about his girl or perfect girl being intellectual lover. theres a few guys in backing vocals, sout out like 2 words as backing now and then, one of the sounds used i think is also in a depeche mode song master and servent.

thats all I can remember, pretty sure its an 80s song, must be around late 80s I would imagine.

I'm never going to sleep again until I work out what it was 8O

im going to really kick myself when I hear it, its a common oldie aswell!
techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Post by techie_alison »

Think about the song as you go to sleep. Then your sub-concious will work on it. And then suddenly in the next few days you'll figure out what it is. ;)

The human brain has tremendous power and remembers literally everything it is exposed to. It's just getting that information out of it which is the difficult bit. And when you're going to sleep is when you're closest to your sub-concious setting it to work.

I like using it to relieve moments of my life, being there, and feeling the emotions I had at the time. It's quite eery really, but great fun all the same.

There's alot of things we don't know, like when you think about someone that you haven't seen for years, then see them a few days later. Dejevous, and all those things. Weird occurences. You know when you lose something and then find it right in front of you. Really profound things that exist repeatedly and which everyone understands, yet are discounted as being ridiculous.

If dejevous didn't exist then there like wouldn't even be a word for it!!! :D

So. You'll discover your song. Think about it tonight when you're going to sleep, that's the best time to connect.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

techie_alison wrote:Think about the song as you go to sleep. Then your sub-concious will work on it. And then suddenly in the next few days you'll figure out what it is. ;).
how long 8O
techie_alison wrote: The human brain has tremendous power and remembers literally everything it is exposed to. It's just getting that information out of it which is the difficult bit. And when you're going to sleep is when you're closest to your sub-concious setting it to work..
shame the vast most dont put that tremendous power to work :D

techie_alison wrote: There's alot of things we don't know, like when you think about someone that you haven't seen for years, then see them a few days later. Dejevous, and all those things. Weird occurences. You know when you lose something and then find it right in front of you. Really profound things that exist repeatedly and which everyone understands, yet are discounted as being ridiculous...
fortelling the future!! :D I wrote a article on that too :D Will wait for everyone to get over the world ending in 2012 before I publish that one :D
techie_alison wrote: If dejevous didn't exist then there like wouldn't even be a word for it!!! :D

So. You'll discover your song. Think about it tonight when you're going to sleep, that's the best time to connect.
yes, agree, strange thing the mind is, thats in my article too :D

[smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_12.gif]
MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by MiggyMog »

I'm never going to sleep again until I work out what it was
I hate that when that happens, I had a simillar mental block, luckily the bit that was going round in my head contained the song title, 'Silvias mother' by Dr hook a quick bit of googling and the rest of it was there,

Apparantly there is a number you can phone & whistle a tune and it tells you what it is! A quick google & there is a website too http://www.midomi.com/

I like using it to relieve moments of my life, being there, and feeling the emotions I had at the time. It's quite eery really, but great fun all the same.
This is a reason they should ban cover songs :twisted: . You get a hook into a time in your life with the original song and then someone covers it and it looses a bit of the magic :-)
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

That is so true, I hate it when people remix songs, I remember one in the 90s, was "the power of love" Frankie goes to hollywood, now thats a good song how it is, but then some fing DJ put a backing bass beat over the top of it and killed it, everyone thought it was great, and I was like WTF, its a slow temo song, and they like put a jungle beat of like 600bpm over it, it sounded awefull, its a slow love song, not an up temp jungle beat pace 8O

I like the techno version of tainted love, sounds wicked on my 3,600watt amp, thats true RMS power btw, not the 10watts rsm 3,600 watt amps which are around today.

currenting still looking for that song going around my head, must be half way though the 80s by now, its gotta be in the top 100 hits somewhere in one year of the 80s :?

Doctor And The Medics - Spirit In The Sky :D not heard that in ages, nice deep bass beat. 80s is so cool, just one great song after another! only 3,000 or so more to go!

Donna Summer - State of Independence, not to bad, like Jon And Vangelis version better.

Duran Duran - Girls On Film , now wheres that uncut video..... :D
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

Erasure - Drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:D :D :D :D :D :D

"her name is emma"
===
"Your shame is never" :D :D :D :D :D Yellow_Colorz_PDT_16

pmsl , couldn't be much off, but sounds the same, no wonder i couldnt find it lol

now can I play it loud on the Hi-fi at 2.30am :?

...... yeah why not, im in an Atari T-shirt, I can do anything! [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_12.gif]
MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by MiggyMog »

LOL! the source of your superpowers, haha!
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.
Sarek
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Sarek »

techie_alison wrote:There's alot of things we don't know, like when you think about someone that you haven't seen for years, then see them a few days later. Dejevous, and all those things. Weird occurences.
...like when I went to log into yahoo today and the on the home page there was a feature article on dejavous. 8O :P
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Desty »

I remember a mate of mine trying to explain that deja vu was some kind of electrical signal mishap in our brains, due to us having two hemispheres. I'd like to know if epileptics who've had a corpus callosotomy experience it.

btw... if you're squeamish, don't follow that link, bleah. I'm glad my brain works without needing to be cut up...
tá'n poc ar buile!

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”