Will the world end in 2012 ?

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Will the world end in 2012 ?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:54 pm

yes
16%
no
50%
something will happen
18%
not sure
16%

Total votes: 44

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Sounds like an Episode of Buck Rogers I watched a while ago!
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

could well be,

Though the problem is, if like the sumarians were just really really clever, then fair enough, but why would they put it stone that "the gods" gave them all this information.

Maybe they thought that ideas they had were ideas given to them from god. People then not understanding they have their own freedom of thought. That could explain god also, but like discribing our solar system and solar events 100's of years in advance, just does not add up. You are than back to "god" who gave them this information.

God is the missing link, we just can't go from being cave men to documenting our solar system. like I said before, we only found pluto in our solar system about 150years ago. Even if they were really really clever, how did they end up that way from being cave men ? does not add up. Isn't there a supposed missing gap just before man in the evolution chain ? again strange one. I suppose if a load of people looked up at the start long enough they could work out which planets our in our solar system ? Would be possible, though really way nextdoor to totally impossible. Though its probabably more probable than god giving them this information ?

What did I just say 8O ...... No doubt the bible bashers will be back on friday, they always manage to come out with something interesting.. They are willing to listen to my thoughts on it, they probably could accept god is a alien from planex X, all the facts add up..

I suppose we all have parts of a puzzle, could make them link up many ways by speculation over the missing parts.. I hope something does happen in 2012, then I can watch every crap themselves hehe 8)
Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Rajah Lone »

God may be the missing link, but as far as we know, God just may be.

It's an hypothesis.
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

Spoke to the jehovah guys again today, they are going though the bible with me, just some key points about things already talked about. Seems they are a little closed minded to anything other than what is told in the bible.

Its interesting what it says in wikipedia...

Resurrection of 144,000 people who will live with god in paradise.

Worrying thing is, it says you have to be reborn to gain immortality, so god says to you "come here and will we kill you but promis to make you reborn", I mean whos gonna do that ?! Take the word of god that you will be reborn..... once your dead your dead! unless reborn means something else... I sure hope so!

Chris
Sarek
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Sarek »

exxos wrote:Worrying thing is, it says you have to be reborn to gain immortality, so god says to you "come here and will we kill you but promis to make you reborn", I mean whos gonna do that ?! Take the word of god that you will be reborn..... once your dead your dead! unless reborn means something else... I sure hope so!

Chris
Chris - you cannot be aware of your own non-existence, so from your own perspective, you will always exist. Others may witness your death, but you cannot. Even if you are 'dead' for billions of years or through trillions of big bangs and big crunches, you will not notice one iota of time passing, and whenever te conditions are right for you to exist again, you will, and it will be as though no time has passed. Not even the blink of an eye. Death is then more like an erasing of memory.

That is immortality. IMO. :)
Atariator
Atariator

YOU DON't KNOW poo.

Post by 486 »

RetroGamerUK wrote:I have not read all of the posts above, but I think that if the world ends in 2012 it will be due to some large scale Nuclear War or similar destructive event, I am glad I live in and close to Towns / Cities as I would not have to die slowly :wink:
After all, Iran is steadily developing Nuclear Weapons now, and they have plenty of targets to choose from, so it would seem we will all learn just how right or wrong the West has been about them soon enough.. :)
The good thing is, if the West is right it will be too late to do anything about it, that'll teach the pacifists eh... :lol:
AUGH, this kind of rubbish really burns me :x

man, If you belive all the neo-con-corporate-christian-jewish BS about Iran fostering NUKE's then you watch way to much of the TELE! It seems far to the contrary.
Iran, has NO way to nuke anybody, nor do they want to. Iran has been investigate time and time again, investigations have proven that Iran has a minimalistic Nuclear energy program, that is not even very hopeful of providing that, energy. Iran is still a developing country, and has no real motivation to start a thermo nuclear war. Corporate Media, has obviously owned out.

Iranians are peacefull people, who don't want to start wars.
Stop propagating the hate speech man.

keep it Atari, and I think you will be fine.
http://www.the486kid.com
-<electrofolk>- CHIP ROCK REVIVAL!
Atariator
Atariator

Post by 486 »

exxos wrote: 2012 is when the mayan calander ends, nothing really to get excited about, but at the end of this time god is supposed to arrive to give them a new calander. If god returns in 2012, then it will be the end of the world "as we know it" would be more fitting.
the Mayan calender does not end, it cycles. That is the most important thing to consider.

God is everything.. so it is already here on Earth.

'nuff said.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Re: YOU DON't KNOW poo.

Post by RetroGamerUK »

486 wrote:AUGH, this kind of rubbish really burns me :x
Then burn, lefty! :)
486 wrote:man, If you belive all the neo-con-corporate-christian-jewish BS about Iran fostering NUKE's then you watch way to much of the TELE! It seems far to the contrary.
Iran, has NO way to nuke anybody, nor do they want to. Iran has been investigate time and time again, investigations have proven that Iran has a minimalistic Nuclear energy program, that is not even very hopeful of providing that, energy. Iran is still a developing country, and has no real motivation to start a thermo nuclear war. Corporate Media, has obviously owned out.
Yawn.... of course all the evil in the world must be imaginary America is the real menace yadda yadda bla bla...
Well, I sort of (or maybe not in writing but in my mind) implied in the first place that if you are right or wrong it won't matter to me for very long since I live in and near some targets and THAT WAS IT. Please take note of what I am thinking in the future, thanks.
And I don't recall actually stating that I believe that Iran was capable or had the inclination to kill people, even though they so obviously do, as does any Country.
And I didn't read this in any newspaper as I don't need right wing propaganda to arrive at this dubious conclusion, the bloke down the pub is my reliable source of information.
486 wrote:Iranians are peacefull people, who don't want to start wars.
Stop propagating the hate speech man.
See this is why you lefties are so full of it, you just slated Christianity and Judaism without batting an eyelid, then went on to defend what is undoubtedly one of the most oppressive regimes on the planet, there are many normal unbiased people who will find that very offensive and "hateful" which it is.
Anyway, it is not the Iranian people that are running the Country at the end of the day, and yeah suuure they are free to express their true feelings without fear of being stoned to death or beheaded, and God help them if they even say the wrong thing about their Prophet....
That is the main distinction between the free world and the nation of Islam you see, we have something called free speech, well, we do as long as it doesn't upset any members of the aforementioned world that is...
In fact, I would expect that this post would at least get me a good flogging in some Countries. :|
486 wrote:keep it Atari, and I think you will be fine.
This topic is not about atari mate, it is not even about politics, so thanks for bringing up a favourite topic of discussion of mine :wink:
In my opinion, the biggest evil in the world is left-wing propaganda, this is what I hate, and you are living in a fantasy world if you think that those nice peaceful people you refer to won't destroy everything if they can't have things their way. :|
So I will be "fine" as soon as people can speak their mind about real issues without left wing fascists trying to stop them.

I do hope you are right about Iran though 486, although it would be nice for me to be able to say "told you so" here in the near future when world war 3 begins :)

And I do not apologize for anything I have written here as 486 has touched a nerve with his lilly-livered-liberal twoddle, and I will gladly respond to any further claptrap that anyone has to add to 486's.

So anyway, like I said (or thought), IF Iran develop nuclear weapons and IF they decide to use them against say.... hmm that's a tough one.... lets say Israel (for the sake of argument) then that COULD trigger the Armageddon and hence the "world will end" :)
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Will the world end in 2012 ?

Post by 486 »

this website http://www.jupitersdance.com/ is really well put together, and has some interesting information that relates to sun spot activity, positioning of Jupiter and the other planets and Twenty Twelve.

Some of you may also find this of interest: http://www.halexandria.org/dward466.htm

cheers :cheers:
simbo

Post by simbo »

the world has already ended {law of quantum mechanics says it never existed in the first place }
we all just wait in the stack to be deleted
MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by MiggyMog »

or we exist & don't exist in two different places at the same time :-)
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

MiggyMog wrote:or we exist & don't exist in two different places at the same time :-)
Funnily enough I exist in one place and don't exist in at least one other place I could think of, so this theory at least has some substance :|
MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by MiggyMog »

:oops:

Yeah fair point RG, I just re-read what I had posted and realised how stupid it came accross.

I was watching a thing on Horizon or BBC4 about Quantum Physics the other week and it was on about a Cat in a box being dead in one parallel universe & alive in another dependent on the state of the other items in the box.

So I suppose exist & don't exist in the same place/same time in a different plane would have described that a bit better assuming the other items in the box were of a volatile nature and likely to cause the cat to cease to exist :-)

Heck I struggle with Algebra, you can't expect a mortal like me to understand Quasars and the like, good to watch these programs on telly though!
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

If you were watching "Atom" I also watched the last half hour or so of it, fascinating stuff, explained how space is only empty "on average" :)
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Desty »

Damn... if it's possible to exist (1) and not exist (0) at the same time, then 1 * 0 = 0 means we don't exist. NONE OF US :(

And if we don't exist (0), do we exist? (1) = 0/1 = Infinity. Therefore the question is infinitely pointless :P
tá'n poc ar buile!
christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by christos »

LOL
nobogod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by nobogod »

Desty wrote:And if we don't exist (0), do we exist? (1) = 0/1 = Infinity.
I don't understand this. But, 0/1 = 0 (no Infinity).

Oh! maybe you meant that:

Code: Select all

we exist           1
---------------  =  -----  =  Infinity.
 we don't exist        0
Right! :P :P :P
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Desty »

Oops, yes. Thanks for correcting my proof. I'll give you 50% of the credit on the thesis ;)
tá'n poc ar buile!
MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by MiggyMog »

It was indeed you are quite right RG
nobogod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by nobogod »

Well... it didn't end...
We have to wait more...
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

"something will happen" - Microsoft will collapse :D
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X
kristjanga
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by kristjanga »

calimero wrote:"something will happen" - Microsoft will collapse :D
do you guys know how there sales figures for win8 and those new windows tablets are??
personally I hate those things :evil:
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

^ I was half joking, half not :)

When Microsoft collapse, than there will be no more world for me :D - I just waiting to see justice: to historian, and society, put Bill Gates where he belong - to garbage.

He manage to rob planet with: a) first with stolen product (DOS - CP/M) and than with b) 3rd rated product (Windows/Office).

Windows 8: they sell them through OEM channels.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

calimero wrote: When Microsoft collapse, than there will be no more world for me :D - I just waiting to see justice: to historian, and society, put Bill Gates where he belong - to garbage.
He will still be staying at his mansion, because he already have billions stashed away.... so what if M$ collapse, it cannot touch him.
Only his idiotic partner.... and that's only his pride.
calimero wrote:Windows 8: they sell them through OEM channels.
This is true.
But not their Surface. Sales numbers are below surface level. :lol:
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

wongck wrote:
calimero wrote: When Microsoft collapse, than there will be no more world for me :D - I just waiting to see justice: to historian, and society, put Bill Gates where he belong - to garbage.
He will still be staying at his mansion, because he already have billions stashed away.... so what if M$ collapse, it cannot touch him.
Only his idiotic partner.... and that's only his pride.
money doesn't count when you are dead ;) ...but something else: how ppl will remember you.

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”