Games ported from different computers?

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

STcomp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Games ported from different computers?

Post by STcomp »

We have all heard of games ported to the ST from the Amiga.

But I am curious, how many other computers have had games ported from them, to the ST? I was playing Monkey Business, and it appears to have similar graphics to a Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer game. Have any games ever been ported to the ST from the Atari 8-bit? Or from a console version? (Sega Genesis?) And what about games ported from the ST to Amiga?

Oh, one more...has a game ever been *accurately* ported from the Amiga to the ST?
Ragstaff
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Games ported from different computers?

Post by Ragstaff »

STcomp wrote:Oh, one more...has a game ever been *accurately* ported from the Amiga to the ST?
Stardust was a pretty good port

Regarding games ported from other platforms to the ST, I'm sure there are other people here who can give you all the answers from the good old days, but in more recent times there has been RG's Chu Chu Rocket, ported from the Dreamcast, and of course Ray's (tsCC) port of Wolf3d from the PC
Nyh
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Nyh »

STcomp wrote:But I am curious, how many other computers have had games ported from them, to the ST? I was playing Monkey Business, and it appears to have similar graphics to a Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer game. Have any games ever been ported to the ST from the Atari 8-bit? Or from a console version? (Sega Genesis?) And what about games ported from the ST to Amiga
Jet Set Willy is a very accurate port from ZX Spectrum to Atari ST.

Hans Wessels
Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Post by Marcer »

Saboture (from 8bit) exists on ST. but only in Mono.
Kid Kong (donkey kong)
Berzerk
Giana Sisters / Super Stario land (Super Mario Brothers)
Pooz (Zoop from jaguar)
Wizards of War (8 Bit)
Cops and Robbers (8 Bit)
Fanwor / Fantastic World (Zelda Nes)
Frogger
Galaxian
Space Invaders
IBS Pegasus
Insectisied
Joust
Kaboom
Jungle Hunt (dont remeber the aka name on ST.. by Cobra Soft)

there is a few.. i could without doubt dig up more.. perhaps alot more even :P

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_
insanity
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by insanity »

Marcer wrote:Saboture (from 8bit) exists on ST. but only in Mono.
(assume you mean saboteur)

Really? I didn't know that... could you up load that... loved it on the speccy! :)
StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by StickHead »

Shufflepuck cafe was programmed for the Apple IIGS first, I believe... as was Sundog: The frozen Legacy.
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.
Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Desty »

insanity wrote:(assume you mean saboteur)

Really? I didn't know that... could you up load that... loved it on the speccy! :)
What about Saboteur 2? I used to play that a lot on the C64... lonely game but pretty good.
tá'n poc ar buile!
mrnukem
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by mrnukem »

STcomp wrote:We have all heard of games ported to the ST from the Amiga.

But I am curious, how many other computers have had games ported from them, to the ST? I was playing Monkey Business, and it appears to have similar graphics to a Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer game. Have any games ever been ported to the ST from the Atari 8-bit? Or from a console version? (Sega Genesis?) And what about games ported from the ST to Amiga?

Oh, one more...has a game ever been *accurately* ported from the Amiga to the ST?
Timebandit was 1st released for the TRS-80 Color Computer in 1983 and then was ported to the ST later. I am not sure if they ported any other games to the Atari ST. I know many of their titles for the TRS-80 coco were also ported to the Spectrum systems
** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

From vague memories of old computer mags - some of Microdeal's early titles (I forget which) were initially developed on the Sinclair QL due to its 68000 processor and then the graphics were beefed up for the ST version of the games.

I know the guy who did Goldrunner II for Microdeal originally wrote a very good boulderdash clone called Rockfall which he did first on the QL and then ported it to the ST.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Grunaki »

Did 'DropZone' ever end up on ST?

I know WAS (NOT WAS) & LSD wrote a message to Archer Maclean on the IK+ crack saying "When (if) you do DropZone on the Amiga, please, please, please use the hardware - don't be tacky and just port it!"

I know it ended up on the SNES and they did re-write it, but it was still called 'DropZone'.
(It was pretty good actually..)
Thermopylae is now an Enemy Island!

Return to “Games - General”