WANTED: supercars 2 game

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Chandler »

great!

if you can use it so well tell me how to covert an i mage back to st original! :x
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Post by aktiv8 »

Chandler wrote:great!

if you can use it so well tell me how to covert an i mage back to st original! :x
Well it explains how to do it clearly on the webpage!!!

Here's a quote from it

Code: Select all

You may write images (ST, DSK or MSA) to floppies, with or without format - if format is checked it will work slower, but may be necessary if target disk is formatted with different parameters prior. In any case, before clicking on Image to Floppy, first insert floppy disk and click on A, then click Open Image File and select. After it you may correct parameters if they aren't OK (case of non-standard boot sector ). Note: write or format of 11 sector/track will not produce usable floppy - reason is inability of PC's floppy controller to do it.
If you click on filename under Open Image file button program will perform conversion from ST to MSA or vice-versa.
By floppies in bad condition it is worth to set Retries to value 2-5. Don't expect miracles of it. My experience is that with old floppies is good to repeat reading of whole disk  4-5 times, and it will have at end less bad sectors.
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<
Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Chandler »

sorry i cannot work it out - maybe it's the crap English or the fact i'm simply not geeky enough to work it out! lol

it just ain't happening - can someone explain how i get a game in .MSA format to work on an ST? JEEEEEEZZ!! this will make someone very happy....(not me by the way! though i'd be glad just to get it sorted!)
guythp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by guythp »

Chandler wrote:sorry i cannot work it out - maybe it's the crap English or the fact i'm simply not geeky enough to work it out! lol

it just ain't happening - can someone explain how i get a game in .MSA format to work on an ST? JEEEEEEZZ!! this will make someone very happy....(not me by the way! though i'd be glad just to get it sorted!)
ok. download an image of supercars II (i used the first one on the list from planetemu.net).

unzip it.

load up floppy image (be sure that you've installed 'fdrawcmd' by clicking on the link at the floppy image website).

insert a blank disk (make sure it is write-enabled)

click on 'open image file' on the top right of the floppy image window

tick the 'format' box on the right hand side (underneath 'open image file')

click on the 'A' disk on the left hand side.

click on 'Image to floppy' on the right hand side

wait for your floppy disk light to go out.

put it into your ST

turn your ST on

Anything?
The Hairy Pies
Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Chandler »

SUCCESS!!

cheers matey - it works! - they'll be well pleased :D

also do you know will this run on a standard 520? i tested it on a 1040
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

It should do .. was developed for all the standard ST/STE models with 520/1040 memory options.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Return to “Games - General”