Linking to Atari Forum

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

xtenbombx
Atari freak
Atari freak

Linking to Atari Forum

Post by xtenbombx »

This is a question really to Dal specifically.

I plan to have my computing students forum online within this month of July. There will be a retro computing section on the forum. May I link to the Atari Forum? I hope to make the current generation of students aware of what is out there and encourage them to explore fantastic resources such as this.

Let me know your thoughts. :-)
Last edited by xtenbombx on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the master of cr*p signatures!
Atari 1040 (4mb) STe
Atari 520 STFM (with red LEDs and cooling fan)
Atari 520 STe - boxed after being saved from Freecycle. Not yet played with. ;-)
Collects emulators and software from all over the web for ATARI ST, AMIGA, & old consoles.
Also a member of the http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/ legal torrent tracker.
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Linking to Atari Forum

Post by Dal »

Of course! Will be nice to have more young retro enthusiasts here. :D
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
xtenbombx
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Linking to Atari Forum

Post by xtenbombx »

Dal wrote:Of course! Will be nice to have more young retro enthusiasts here. :D
Cool. Will get onto it. Hopefully when I hear from 2xAA again I will ask him to spread the word of the forum at the college he's going to in September, get them onboard and hopefully that will result in more exposure. :-)

Tell you what, I found something interesting last year when I was studying a computer history module. We have an excellent lecturer/head of school who collects old machines. He's an Amiga man but he also has an Atari Falcon in his collection (yeah obviously I hated him to begin with before I came across that piece of knowledge, lol, not). We have a wide cross section of ages on our courses but during the lecture he asked who heard of various OSs, such as CP/M, GEMTOS or GEM, Amiga OS, Acorn OS etc. I was one of the very few people that put their hands up. 18 year olds, even right up to mid 20s simply have no idea such things even exist. 8O
I am the master of cr*p signatures!
Atari 1040 (4mb) STe
Atari 520 STFM (with red LEDs and cooling fan)
Atari 520 STe - boxed after being saved from Freecycle. Not yet played with. ;-)
Collects emulators and software from all over the web for ATARI ST, AMIGA, & old consoles.
Also a member of the http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/ legal torrent tracker.

Return to “Website Discussions”