atari-home.de down?

News, updates, like or dislike

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

simonsunnyboy

atari-home.de down?

Post by simonsunnyboy »

Hi all,

seems I can't connect to http://atari-home.de - is the website otherwise up or am I not alone?

cheers,
ssb
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee
xfalcon
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Re: atari-home.de down?

Post by xfalcon »

You are not alone. :(

chris
Falcon030 14 MB+Dayna Port::MegaSt4+Hydra, Overscan & UltraSatanDisk
rudis
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by rudis »

seems down for this time
maergrey
Atariator
Atariator

Post by maergrey »

http://atari-home.de/ is down for me too :(
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

I guess trying from Asia will not mean anything different.... but it did not work also. :(
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff that are no longer for sale due to them over 30 years old - click here for list
johannes
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by johannes »

Hi all,

You are all right, atari-home.de is Down since night of 26th. It runs on a VM on a dedicated server at our hosting provider. the two hard drives in the physical server failed both in a period of one day, enough to solidly shake the whole system and its sofware RAID. At the moment we are restoring data and trying to get everything running again. this is an extreme unlikely event that created much hurt to out sys admins. As several customer systems were affected too, they had priority and were restored them yesterday and today. The VM, atari-home.de is running on, is scheduled next (tomorrow).

As I am out of office and with limted internet access I got noticed today about ther crash and I apologize for my late statement. finally I hope we get atari-home.de back online tomorrow.

johannes
http://www.atari-home.de
Falcon060 w/ SV & Svethlana - Firebee - TT030 - Mega STE - Mega ST4 - Mega ST2 - 1040 ST(F/M) - Lynx II - Portfolio - Sun Ultra 1
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

Thanks for the update Johannes. I know only too well what a pain this kind of thing can be.

Good luck with the restore.
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

I am not sure which VM you're using.
But it is amazing how HP, WMWare, Citrix in seminars talk about virtualisation and cloud giving good redundancy, Vmotion here and there.... etc etc. No downtime. Now we all know..... they are just sales talk. :lol: :lol:
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff that are no longer for sale due to them over 30 years old - click here for list
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

Way back when I was first introduced to RAID drive configurations, I was told how it was so unlikely 2 drives would ever fail at once.

I raised the point that if you put 2 drives into a RAID array that were produced from the same line in the same batch, there is every chance that they will both be worked at the same rate and have a greater chance of failing at the same time. I was told I was talking rubbish but I have seen and heard of it happen several times in my career so far.

I would say that in each case I heard, if the drives had been hot swapped quickly enough, the failure would not have been catastrophic. Even putting it off for half a day could be the difference between a routine hot swap and an all out restore from backup.
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
simonsunnyboy

Post by simonsunnyboy »

johannes wrote:Hi all,

You are all right, atari-home.de is Down since night of 26th. It runs on a VM on a dedicated server at our hosting provider. the two hard drives in the physical server failed both in a period of one day, enough to solidly shake the whole system and its sofware RAID. At the moment we are restoring data and trying to get everything running again. this is an extreme unlikely event that created much hurt to out sys admins. As several customer systems were affected too, they had priority and were restored them yesterday and today. The VM, atari-home.de is running on, is scheduled next (tomorrow).

As I am out of office and with limted internet access I got noticed today about ther crash and I apologize for my late statement. finally I hope we get atari-home.de back online tomorrow.

johannes
No problem and thanks for providing some information about the incident to us users!
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee
johannes
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by johannes »

Hi folks,

we are back again! :cheers:

Johannes
http://www.atari-home.de
Falcon060 w/ SV & Svethlana - Firebee - TT030 - Mega STE - Mega ST4 - Mega ST2 - 1040 ST(F/M) - Lynx II - Portfolio - Sun Ultra 1
FedePede04
Atari God
Atari God

Post by FedePede04 »

Great to hear that you fix the problem.
was it also the reason to, that some of the topic disappear.

found it look like it was moved.
/Peter

johannes wrote:Hi folks,

we are back again! :cheers:

Johannes
Atari will rule the world, long after man has disappeared

sometime my English is a little weird, Google translate is my best friend :)
Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Ektus »

Old thread, but with the right topic: Looks like atari-home.de has an outage today. Connection attempts are refused.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage
czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by czietz »

We had this multiple times already this year. Usually, it comes back up when the admin restarts the server. I don't know, however, what crashes it in the first place. I guess he would notice the outage himself, nevertheless I sent the new admin an email about the situation earlier today.
Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Ektus »

It's back up again.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

Return to “Website Discussions”