Hang Loose software download with BitTorrent

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Mine finished last night! But, now my BitComet is playing up and saying that I'm not seeding at all!

Weird. Not got time this morning to spend some moments rebooting etc as eMule also in the background :) Will reboot later on tonight after the pub quiz and see if I can get BitComet re-seeding it.

For those who want the DVD-R versions .. get in touch via PM. It will take 2 x DVD-Rs due to the size of the .RAR file unpacked.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
rich
Little Green Desktop
Little Green Desktop

Post by rich »

I have 100% of this file (had it a couple of days ago) and left the Torrent running over the weekend for everyone, on a nice fast server. It was very popular! I sent out 60GB worth of data over those few days, and saw a few people complete their downloads as a result!

I am happy to put the torrent back up if people still need it?
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

I'm still d/l it. 33%. I've got a constant d/l between 4-12kbs from 84.72.93.208 who's on BitComet so thanks to whoever you are for keeping it online :D .

I'm thinking that Shareaza's bitorrent downloading is knackered as I can only ever find 2 people with the file yet you guys can find more and download faster.
MadDonna
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MadDonna »

[2005-11-01 14:20:41] "HangLooseFTP.rar" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection refused')>
1 Atari 520ST, 1 Atari 1040STf, 1 Atari 1040 STfm, 2 Atari 1040 STe, 2 Atari Mega 1, 1 Atari Mega ST 2, 1 Mega STe, 1 Megafile 30, 1 Megafile with an IBM 1Gb replacement, 2 Atari TT030 and 1 Falcon
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

that's me 84.72.93.208 wan2.absolut-it.ch... ;) no worries i keep it up:)
MadDonna
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MadDonna »

I am now using BitComet, and that goes well.

Code: Select all

Torrent:           Torrents\HangLooseFTP.rar.torrent
Piece Size:       E:\BitComet\Downloads\HangLooseFTP.rar
Infohash:         2d412c1f04696f47e843ab53337a17d3c5255776
Tracker                      :http://mongo56.org:3434/announce ;udp://mongo56.org:3434/announce ;http://mongo56.org:3535/announce ;udp://mongo56.org:3535/announce 
Tracker status             :Tracker Response OK, reannounce in 2400 s
Progress                     :15.0%
Remaining                  : 5.60 GB
Connected seeds         :2 (Max Possible: 2)
Connected peers          :4 (Max Possible: 5)
Connecting peers         :1
Download rate             :80 KB/s From 3 Peers
Upload rate                 :25 KB/s To 1 Peers
Downloaded                :1,020.38 MB (0 B rubbish data dropped)
Uploaded                    :154.41 MB
Average downlad rate  :117 KB/s within 02:27:55
Average upload rate    :17 KB/s within 02:28:01
1 Atari 520ST, 1 Atari 1040STf, 1 Atari 1040 STfm, 2 Atari 1040 STe, 2 Atari Mega 1, 1 Atari Mega ST 2, 1 Mega STe, 1 Megafile 30, 1 Megafile with an IBM 1Gb replacement, 2 Atari TT030 and 1 Falcon
ASYLvM
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by ASYLvM »

OK.

Im leeched onto this torrent as well....

D/L speed: 100 (ish) KB/s (did peak at around 135!)
U/L speed: 20 KB/s
16hours to go.

Will keep it upped for a while.

Cheers,

ASY.
/|\
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Re-iterating my offer from before ..

a) if you ain't on broadband but would like this collection
b) you live in UK/Europe
c) you want this collection on a few DVD-Rs (sorry, too much hassle to split it onto CDs)

then get in touch.

I'm not charging for it other than the cost of materials and shipping to wherever (repayable by PayPal).

Send me a PM if you're interested.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bj »

This is great thanks both bandit & mug. Have visited the Climatics ftp from time to time in the past & much appreciated the breadth and shear number of titles.
Mug - have sent you a pm. Once again I call upon your magnificent largesse . My puny dial up is as nothing compared to your broad band. I am a mere spec ........ will grovel further if required. :-) .
regards
BJ
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Decided to get over my laziness and installed a proper bittorrent client.

Wow, what a difference! I'm d/l between 150kbs and 200kbs. 2 Hours to go! The client hashed the previous Shareaza file ok and has continued downloading it. Just got to hope the file's ok when I get it. 6.5gb is a lot to lose because of a corrupted file.
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

i wonder if you liked the things in the archive... there's maybe a lot of applications which not everybody has already...

hope it helps to get once a complete atari archive with just all all all atari software ever..

cya
purpleeagle01
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by purpleeagle01 »

Now i use Bitcomet the has started and works fine but slow.
Cheers
The Most Good things beginning with the letter A
Like Atari Austria Wien(My Favorite Soccer Team)
samf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by samf »

purpleeagle01 wrote:Now i use Bitcomet the has started and works fine but slow.
Cheers
I dl'd bitcomet yesterday, will install it as soon as I get my system back up (hdd crashed) tonight. Hopefully then i will be able to dl the hang loose sw. :)
Atari Computer Nut
Virginia U.S.A.
C-Lab/CT060 Falcon,
256mb TT Ram, 14mb ST Ram,
4Gig hdd, IDE DVD Drive
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

I've found a few things "wrong" with the end result .RAR file

a) a corrupt (20MB) .RAR of the Floppyshop Games CD - deleted it off mine.

b) the ST Pirate Gold CD in amongst the Games folder - I've moved this to the root of the twin DVD-Rs I'm doing and sending out

c) a load of Jaguar ROMs on there - the DVD set I'm doing will have them separated into commercial and PD Roms and I'll throw in some emulators :)

Having to virus scan the entire lot now, not for viruses but to find out which file (or files) is causing Nero to not burn a complete disc using the Games folder alone (once some of the above has been removed). Had this before with the Paskud Polish FTP disc and it was 1 file that was knackered and causing MagicISO and Nero to fail at the same file... soon as I find out which one (or ones!) it is, I'll let you guys know a.s.a.p.

MadDonna
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MadDonna »

Is everybody ready? Because I can't get a connection anymore.

[edit]
Stupid fault, my own fault, had proxy settings installed that I have to use for my work.
samf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by samf »

MadDonna wrote:Is everybody ready? Because I can't get a connection anymore.

[edit]
Stupid fault, my own fault, had proxy settings installed that I have to use for my work.
Well folks, got my comupter back up and running again and dl'd bit comet (remember, I was having loads of trouble the bit torrent?) last night. Got up this morning, 7a.m. launched bit comet, and started dling hangloose.....at 144 dld and 144 upld!!!!!! :o

Hopefully by the time a get home from work, bit comet will have dl'd a considerable amount, if not all!!!! :D

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Atari Computer Nut
Virginia U.S.A.
C-Lab/CT060 Falcon,
4Gig hdd, IDE DVD Drive
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

For those who wanted the DVD version... I've managed to burn off disc 1 but still can't get Nero or Magic ISO to create an image file (or burn to a disc) the remainder of the items.

I've installed Nero 7 to see if that makes a difference (maybe a larger file buffer or similar) and will give it one more try tonight :(

bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bj »

Thats great news on DVD 1. er - hang in there buddy.
regards
BJ
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

The only way I could get DVD 1 to burn was to switch off my anti-virus! PC anti-virus programs thinking ST AVR sample files were somehow "infected" !!

Got a 5 MB .log file created by my anti-virus software which will hopefully point out which files on Climatics DVD 2 that it doesn't like!

I'll get there ..

samf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Hang Loose software download with BitTorrent

Post by samf »

samf wrote:
MadDonna wrote:Is everybody ready? Because I can't get a connection anymore.

[edit]
Well folks, got my comupter back up and running again and dl'd bit comet (remember, I was having loads of trouble the bit torrent?) last night. Got up this morning, 7a.m. launched bit comet, and started dling hangloose.....at 144 dld and 144 upld!!!!!! :o

Hopefully by the time a get home from work, bit comet will have dl'd a considerable amount, if not all!!!! :D

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Well, i haven't been able to successfully dl the friggin file, and now i'm totally hacked off!! :x

Don't know what to do now?!?!??! :?
Atari Computer Nut
Virginia U.S.A.
C-Lab/CT060 Falcon,
4Gig hdd, IDE DVD Drive
keili
Atari God
Atari God

Post by keili »

I finished the download a couple of days ago. Yesterday i had 2 connections and they loaded about 1 gig. My PC didn't start this morning, but will be back online tomorrow. Maybe it will work then. I will keep the file active for the rest of the year or until everyone has it.
BTW, does anyone have an idea about the following problem: I turn on my PC and see the message 'no boot device found'. When i make an image of C: with Symantec Ghost and write it back, all works fine again.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Perhaps your boot.ini on C:\ got corrupted somehow. I believe the computers bios needs this file to tell it if the partion is bootable and what to autostart.
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Right .. good news everyone.

Climatics DVD #1 & #2 are now available.

All those who couldn't get the download to work / finish or even to start off correctly, panic no more!

I've re-mastered the whole collection onto 2 x DVD-Rs and they're free to anyone who wants them .. all I ask is that you cover my costs in sending them to you.

You get a little bit more than the original collection too as I put some extra .ZIPs onto the discs to pad them out .. :)

The Index files are no longer live on the link at the start of the thread, so here they are hosted on my site:

http://www.mikemee.plus.com/climatics.rar

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Post by keili »

Tell us more about the extra zip's :D .
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi
bj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bj »

That's fantastic news! Thanks for persisting with it.

You will be remembered in the annals of my family history as a great atarist. ....Or was that - remembered in history by my family's anals as a great pissartist? can't remember - had a few myself. But anyway great work man.

I sent you a PM with my details let me know your details & the cost to arrange it.
regards
BJ

Return to “News & Announcements”