Post by RetroGamerUK »

Holy Filesize Banditman! 8O
6.6 gigs?
keili
Atari God
Atari God

Post by keili »

Download started :D .
I will keep it for the rest of the year, if it's finished.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

WoW, that file's huge! At the speed it's going I'll have the file between 3 and 5 days (shame the speed isn't a bit faster).

Thanks for the share bandit.
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

i know maybe i should have split it a little bit up;) but well now you get at least everything.. website programming is still going on... maybe for the next few years;)
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

uppseee sorry had a ul limitation.. so now speeds up too 150 KB/s should be possible sorry folks;)
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Will click on it myself when I get in :)

If peeps aren't on torrents and want the goodies, I'll stick 'em on DVDs when the file is down.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

I use Shareaza for bitorrents since i'm too lazy to download and install a proper client. It's telling me someone's already completed the file!!!

Unless it just means they've completed a particular bit of the file, who knows.
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

I just was thinking a kind of index would be maybe nice too.. so here the far from complete
index of the Hang Loose archive (lot's of stuff missing in the index, you have to find a little
bit out what's where and so on, but guess you will make it.. and aehm sorry it's a excel file) ;)

http://www.climatics.com/index.rar

have fun
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I am also downloading it and sharing it to the limit of the mediocre NTL upstream here. (200 kbits/s).
At this rate, I should have it down just in time for Christmas :) ho ho ho
MadDonna
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MadDonna »

I try to download it too, but 1 day further and I have 0.8 kb downloaded. There are some tracker problems
1 Atari 520ST, 1 Atari 1040STf, 1 Atari 1040 STfm, 2 Atari 1040 STe, 2 Atari Mega 1, 1 Atari Mega ST 2, 1 Mega STe, 1 Megafile 30, 1 Megafile with an IBM 1Gb replacement, 2 Atari TT030 and 1 Falcon
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Got 13.5% (913 megs) so far. Only showing 6 sources now and alternating between 4kbs and active (i.e. no download).
keili
Atari God
Atari God

Post by keili »

833 megs here.
It's for the patient of us :wink: .
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Good job I'm away for the next few nights .. it might be halfway by Sunday :)

14.2% so far ..

Fluctuates between 1K and 10K.. then it'll jump to 20K for a bit and then head back to the lower figures.

But upping at 25-30K almost all the time.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Well Mate, no point us BOTH hogging the limited bandwidth of nice Mr. Bandit's PC is there :) , if you send me the completed archive I promise to put it straight into my Shareaza and power share it for as long as it took you to download it. (unless it takes you longer than a month ;) ).
And I may even sent 2 copies out to 2 lucky folk from here, and if they in turn sent out 2 copies each and same again and so on then it would only take 33 turns for the entire planet population to own a copy!! (assuming the current population is about 6 billion ;) )
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

mabye the mongo56.org is not the best tracker...ul rate stays between 50-60 KB/s useally I can pump up till 150 kb/s... guess you all have to wait a little till more people have downloaded everything and seed it maybe a litte so speed should be no problem anymore.. hope you have fun with the collection.. there's maybe a lot of duplicated and already online from other ftp's but maybe you will find some goodies (like some apps) ;)

have a nice night..
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

RetroGamerUK wrote:I may even sent 2 copies out to 2 lucky folk from here, and if they in turn sent out 2 copies each and same again and so on then it would only take 33 turns for the entire planet population to own a copy!! (assuming the current population is about 6 billion
Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me :wink:
samf
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Hang Loose software download with BitTorrent

Post by samf »

You are all correct......it definitely is too slow for downloading the one huge file, even on broadband. :(
Atari Computer Nut
Virginia U.S.A.
C-Lab/CT060 Falcon,
256mb TT Ram, 14mb ST Ram,
4Gig hdd, IDE DVD Drive
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bandit »

you just have to wait a little till everybody get a piece of the download.. then it should get faster;)
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Had to pause my one last night to get some other work done online, but switched it back on before hitting the sack.

It'll be worth it in the end ..

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Post by keili »

I have no problem with huge download, even if they take a month :wink: .
sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by sh3-rg »

This is the only torrent I;ve had real problems downloading... keep getting errors after a couple of minutes at around 7Mb... so I;ve given up & will be knocking on Mug's door for a dvd :)
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Just hope Muggie's got a dual layer burner cos it won't fit on a single layer (4.7gb) disc.

16.4% d/l so far and the speeds got a bit faster now 14kbs-21kbs.
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

PaulB wrote:Just hope Muggie's got a dual layer burner cos it won't fit on a single layer (4.7gb) disc.

Yep :) But at still stupid prices for the blank discs, I will probably be looking to prune some of the repeated items (if they're are any) and then look at splitting into 2 selections to make it fit onto 2 x DVD-Rs :)

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Post by keili »

Oh 8O , maybe because i've changed the limitations in my torrent client this morning?
Usually i like to keep some bandwidth for myself, but this is something different :wink: .

Return to “News & Announcements”