Page 1 of 1

peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:54 pm
by pepe
hi atari forum

approx. 15 years after "atari.games french connection" was closed by my internet provider, i decided to make it resurrect -

today, I'm happy to announce the birth of "http://peek.poke.free.fr", a new website dedicated to retro gaming and art :

* the atari st section is dedicated to atari st french games creators, artists and companies : http://peek.poke.free.fr/st/index.html - i hope you'll find some interesting things on it -
* the (quite poor) atari 8-bit section dedicated to atari 8bits authors (in french only) : http://peek.poke.free.fr/xl/index.htm
* you'll find a link to my antique nintendo ds dev pages (dedicated to text adventure games) and some retro-artistic galleries

- some pages are buggy, it's in french only, but i hope you'll have some fun with this reborn website -

- happy new atari year to each of you -

pépé - http://peek.poke.free.fr (sorry for my poor english)

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:42 pm
by dma
Oh, many interesting content on your website, that's great.
And nice to read that you worked on some games i played. :)
Thanks for all this then!

And happy new year to you too.

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 pm
by lotek_style
Nice page... will you provide downloads for some of the homebrew games that does not have a download yet?

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:37 pm
by penguin
Are some of the Game & Watch titles lost? I don't remember a binary released for Pack Monster.

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 am
by pepe
lotek_style wrote:Nice page... will you provide downloads for some of the homebrew games that does not have a download yet?
thank you for your nice message - concerning the homebrew games i mentionned, parachute and pack monster are definitely lost, due to a complete hard disk crash in november 2002 - sorry -

- fortunately, Guillaume Apollinaire's Bestiary and Tim Burton's Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy are still alive and should be released soon - be patient -

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:58 am
by pepe
penguin wrote:Are some of the Game & Watch titles lost? I don't remember a binary released for Pack Monster.
hi penguin - as i said to lotek_style, parachute and pack monster are definitely lost, due to a hard disk crash in november 2002 - they won't be released unless a complete work (graphics a coding) - i'm sad because it was a lot of work, they were working, pack monster had a nice level editor too - sorry for that - i should put these two games in the 'phantom games' page of the site -

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:50 am
by lotek_style
Pepe: Ouch... sad to hear that the titles are gone :/

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:39 pm
by rmd
pepe wrote:hi atari forum

approx. 15 years after "atari.games french connection" was closed by my internet provider, i decided to make it resurrect -

today, I'm happy to announce the birth of "http://peek.poke.free.fr", a new website dedicated to retro gaming and art :

* the atari st section is dedicated to atari st french games creators, artists and companies : http://peek.poke.free.fr/st/index.html - i hope you'll find some interesting things on it -
* the (quite poor) atari 8-bit section dedicated to atari 8bits authors (in french only) : http://peek.poke.free.fr/xl/index.htm
* you'll find a link to my antique nintendo ds dev pages (dedicated to text adventure games) and some retro-artistic galleries

- some pages are buggy, it's in french only, but i hope you'll have some fun with this reborn website -

- happy new atari year to each of you -

pépé - http://peek.poke.free.fr (sorry for my poor english)
merci!

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:39 pm
by CiH
Google translates the site nicely.

Very enjoyable reading. And I do vaguely remember the game and watch titles.

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:50 pm
by JeanMars
Hi,
Nice site :-)
I like the images, is Thérèse any way to download them as a zip archive for instance?

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:20 pm
by pepe
JeanMars wrote:Hi,
Nice site :-)
I like the images, is Thérèse any way to download them as a zip archive for instance?
thank you for your nice message,
- for the images in the 'art' galleries, it should be no problem for me to add a link on a zipped archive for the degas/spectrum images (these are pd images)...
- but if you mean the images of the rest of the website, each picture is a simple gif or png screenshot taken from steem with a transparent png image stuck on it - http://peek.poke.free.fr/st/img/trsp.png - the compositing is done directly by the html code - so i have no real collection of the image as they appear of the pages - sorry ( i hope my explanation is clear :roll:) thanks

Re: peek & poke : st french connection

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:03 pm
by JeanMars
Hi pepe,
Yes i was referring to art pictures.
Thanks!