ultrasatan reopen factory

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

qq1975b
Atari God
Atari God

Re: ultrasatan reopen factory

Post by qq1975b »

Hello, did you post mine the 23th May as you told me? I haven't received yet.

Thank you
Trying to learn...
courtnite
Atarian
Atarian

Post by courtnite »

I ordered and payed an ultrasatan from Zaxon a couple of weeks ago.
In the process of ordering he answered all my emails right away and told me the ultrasatan was ready to ship the next day if I transferred the money to his account.
But after he received my money he didn't reply to my emails and I never received my Ultrasatan.

Did anybody receive an UltraSatan the last weeks? Is my money gone?
Is there another way to order an UltraSatan somewhere else?

I hope I can prevent other people from losing their money to Zaxon.

Regards
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

hm... I also need ultrasatan.

since there is so much negative publicity around zaxon I would like to skip him and order from so other place.

@zaxon
it is no problem to wait for ultrasatan but at least give ppl some feedback.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X
MadMax2023
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by MadMax2023 »

The same for me, i paid for an ultra satan 1 month ago.
All was normal before payment, he replied to my email, but since i paid i don't have any news, nothing, i can't get an answer.
As i already ordered from him i know the "zaxon syndrome" :) : no answer during a long time. But i was thinking it was ready to be shipped, so i don't understand.
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

FFS - not again... :(
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
qq1975b
Atari God
Atari God

Post by qq1975b »

Hi Zaxon, I haven't received the Ultrasatan yet. It has been long time since you haven't answered my emails. Can you tell me something, please? You told me twice you have shipped it...in may and june....and I haven't received it yet. Thank you
Trying to learn...
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

Google have marked Zaxon's website as malicious :(
atariancom
Atariator
Atariator

Post by atariancom »

Well this thread is more alive than atari age... but still the same complaints.

i contacted mr zaxxon about the netsubee over a year ago, i wanted something that i could easily transfer the mountain of Atari software i have to archive it etc, offered to make me one at cost as long as i supply components.. so bought 2 lots of chips and bits etc. 1 for myself and 1 for zaxxon himself to sell on. months went by after several emails he appologised saying that he put inthe chip the wrong way around and was awaiting another chip:(

to this day i have still not heard anything and i am getting desperado! The ultrasatan to me is a dream come true, but i'm not willing to shell out for something i may not get...

my problem is that i'm getting married in 7 weeks and moving house, and this is where the fun starts, onthe plus side its a big kick up the pants to get me moving on the Atari scene again after family problems and health, the house cannot contain all my gear. i have lots of uncatalogued disk, including 10,000+ from BBS's and small pd's in the UK. I've evenhad to ebay some of the rare items:(

Anyway i digress, at the moment i'm going to have to stick to using ye olde fashion method of floppy to hard drive, hard drive to cd, cd to archive....

I did get a little device the other day that replaces the internal hard drive, it was advertised for the ameaba 1200, uses SD cards as a hard drive. Now me wonders if i can use that in some way and read the memory card via pc... and for less than £10 all in hell of a bargain if it works.

Steve
Atari.org.uk
atarian.com
retro-gamer.com
the-asx.co.uk
last-pd.co.uk
calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by calimero »

ok.

this situation with UltraSatan is very, very bad.

so zaxon is only person who currently makes UltraSatan?

but from what I read from this forum and atariage.com he is totally unreliable!
- he does not replay to email
- he usually do not send UltraSatan to customers even when he notice them that he send package!

---

can we make pool here at atari-forum.com with question: "Did you order and pay for UltraSatan from Zaxon? You:"

1. receive UltraSatan after 1 moths of wait
2. receive UltraSatan after 2 moths of wait
3. receive UltraSatan after 3 moths of wait
4. receive UltraSatan after 6 moths of wait
5. still waiting...

I just want to see how many people waiting for UltraSatan. I trying to find some used on ebay but with no luck :( and I do not want to pay to Zaxon and than to wait xxx months.
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

atariancom wrote: i'm getting married in 7
Congratulations man.
Hope you sort out your Atari stuff.
BTW, you can always get a ASCI-SCSI adapter and use it to archive your stuff to a SCSI CD-ROM.
I had great success in hooking it to my IDE drive as well.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list
atariancom
Atariator
Atariator

Post by atariancom »

i do have scsci devices... at the moment have my lighthouse towered ste, mega ste and falcon up and running. will se what i can do with the ide interface that uses the sd card. Nice to have a session on falcon then switch to pc to speed stuff up, like cd/dvd burning.

Steve
Atari.org.uk
atarian.com
retro-gamer.com
the-asx.co.uk
last-pd.co.uk
troed
Atari God
Atari God

Post by troed »

atariancom wrote:i wanted something that i could easily transfer the mountain of Atari software i have to archive it etc
I bought an HxC SD floppy emu for that very reason. I do however have a Megafile 30 that I used as temporary storage, but the latest cased HxC should run fine as an external drive as well I think.

As to Zaxxon, I haven't had any interaction with him but reading all the posts made on this forum I wouldn't want to do any business with him. I'm not certain he's actively scamming people on purpose, there can be a multitude of different reasons for someone to make promises they can't uphold. However, for those who send money the end result doesn't differ.
Last edited by troed on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by wongck »

atariancom wrote: will se what i can do with the ide interface that uses the sd card
Yes, that can be done. I have a my ide SD card adapter connected to my SCSI bus.
The cool thing is that the SD card is 2GB and in FAT32 format and it reads fine in Mint on my system. :thumbs:
I tried the same method with an IDE HDD but it did not work :( , I guess the SD card adapter did some sort of translation there.
However, for an IDE HDD to do file transfer, you can make the HDD TOS/DOS compatible and so the whole HDD can be swappe just fine. :wink:
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63 CTPCI ATI RTL8139 USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list
tommon
Atarian
Atarian

Post by tommon »

I paid for an Ultrasatan unit in October 2011.
In his last mail, Zaxon promised to deliver one in April 2012.
Now it is August...
No unit, no answers to my mail.....
skeezix
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by skeezix »

tommon wrote:I paid for an Ultrasatan unit in October 2011.
In his last mail, Zaxon promised to deliver one in April 2012.
Now it is August...
No unit, no answers to my mail.....
Basicly, no one shoudl buy anythign from zaxon; sure he's working in his spare time (like all of us), and sure he sometimes produces, so people like to bolster him, to help him stick around.

But he's the least reliable guy around it woudl seem. So many complaints.. my goodness.

Come on zaxon, you owe many of us something..

jeff

I'm at 1.5 years for a netusbee; I don't mind waiting, but no status updates ever; never replies to emails for months at a time.. I'm a producer, I build things for peopel all the time; I and eveyrone else can at least stick to schedules we promise, and post updates when we can't..
--
Firebee, MiST, ST Book, STacy, TT030, 520STM, Atari 800XL, Atari 2600 heavy sixer, arcade machines, homemade computers, big toys for big boys!
skeezix
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by skeezix »

devo wrote:This is good news. Having an ultrasatan and netusb would persuade me to make my STe a serious productivity machine. The quality of these products as reported by satisfied buyers is testament to Zaxon's skill. The reason I can't quite press "buy" is that I am not confident I know if, or when, I will receive these items. Zaxon seems to be the only supplier of these quality products worldwide. Can he reassure potential buyers, like me, that they will receive their purchase within a guaranteed time or refund?
Zaxon .. please reply to me .. been months, many ignored emails..

1.5 years since I ordered/paid for netusbee...

Dude, throw me a bone here :/

jeff
--
Firebee, MiST, ST Book, STacy, TT030, 520STM, Atari 800XL, Atari 2600 heavy sixer, arcade machines, homemade computers, big toys for big boys!
ChrisUnionNJ
Atarian
Atarian

Post by ChrisUnionNJ »

He has done this on a few site's AtariAge,Amibay so far AtariAge and here seem to
be the worse..
He was all apologetic on atraiage said he would do better but then back to
his oldself with to hell with everybody else you live in my world and get it
when I decide you do..
On Amibay we caught him early on I think I only got mine sooner was
because I was A VIP at the time but he said the same thing he tells
everyone sending it out the next day it took me 3 months to get
it and that was with the help of the MOD's on amibay..

I am now a Mod myself on Amibay And a member on AtariAge and it
just erks me to see a guy with so much talent wasting because he
has super bad people skills and just to arrogant to try and get help
with his sales..

:coffe:
skeezix
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by skeezix »

... and taking peoples money and never delivering, lets not forget _that_.

I'm out $100 ..

If he would publish dates and updates, and occasionalyl stick to them, it woudl be okay; at this point, he is pretty much just taking money; since he replies to no posts, its thievery.

We should have him banned really, but I still hope he'll come through..

jeff
--
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dal »

Jeff I sent you a PM.
STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
MadMax2023

Post by MadMax2023 »

I have no news too.
Can an administrator of this forum do a claim for everyone at the police against him.
I think i have his name and adress, it's should be enough.

Post by Guest »

i had the idea to expand this project a little and add some ports
4 card slots and some other types of generic like phone cards direct ..i e two inside two outside then you can have one out and one in or two out two in etc
at the same time scsi card in place
some phones will run an atari without issues and downloading data can be fun on the real hardware
perhaps a plug in board fits in place of the internal scsi card for tt
but gives two slots in maybe the normal expansion port slot
small cable over to the board and internal slot / s also
even made so the internal card for asci >scsi can fit on top {easy to add}
as the connectors are common this is a good idea
i can easily do the pcb and some help from others would be good {without saying jookie!!}
test pcb and limited run of 20 at a time for the TT only at first
but im not sure it isnt the same for the mega ste and mega st
if the ports are all added i think they will all fit in one board that can be plugged into the mega's and the TT's
perhaps the card can also have a wifi node chip added and appear as atari machine etc.,. wifi i feel is quite a good addition to the TT MEGA etc
no software driver is needed for wifi !! its all done in hardware adjustable core device{has its own card slot} {settings channel etc etc share name etc}
and just appears as a data drive to both machines {pc connects to wifi and see's a file share drive}

ive never ripped off any member cash flow for me has been tight and still is still life goes on

interested>??? ill share my data and pcb work i can do in smd etc

i need a project and someone to handle the oversee and cash flow

someone trusted and regular to handle the cash side all in a public way this way it runs smooth
and gives something back to the board funding

i have no mega STE ST just TT FALCON ST/f/m's
qq1975b
Atari God
Atari God

Post by qq1975b »

It would be really nice. :D

Ultrasatan is not a cheap device so the extra features, how much can them increase its cost?

Anyway, I have an STE, Mega ST and Mega STE to test whatever you need :)

I have also to say that I am in contact with some guys (who are used to build items for Atari, Amiga, and other old computers) to study the possibility to build some (or few maybe, I don't know yet) Ultrasatan devices in the short term (3 months or less), because of what is happening with Zaxon (I ordered one too :( ). Would it be compatible with your project? I mean, is it planned to be built in short term or more in a long term?
Trying to learn...
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by alexh »

There is work going on behind the scenes to bring a mass produced, *ultra cheap* ACSI->CF card adapter to the market.

http://atari.8bitchip.info/astide.php

It cannot be booted from (you still need a floppy disk to boot and load drivers) but it will be very cheap. Sub €25.

Post by Guest »

well its about as expensive as a hdd or two cards + adapters etc

i recon working one just for the mega and TT range as stand off cards
is a good idea

i think that some card that may exist and load via floppy
is good and bad £25 is not realistic

i would recon a kit should have a basic board and sdcard bootable with a driver
that hd-driver can be licensed for some deal with uwe to provide a basic driver installed
and you can buy the top end software with a code for say 10 euros etc or something

plugging into a tt or mega as one card is very easily made up as a single multiple atari model board
is a good idea
i think adding an asci port to the board for st and ste can be done as a 19pin header and sep cable

making an internal external board is the way and driver by uwe as a bulk price is the best way to keep everyone happy

£25 is far too cheep and leaves no room to make this board work
as well as others

overall what about jookie we need to donate a few quid to him !!!

Post by Guest »

inside my TT is a mess scsi to ide and grinder takes up too much space
a simple plug in card with ports maybe £80 in total
is far far better than a £25 grubby unit made to cost less and work worse

the wifi node makes it for me!!

Return to “Professionals”