Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

Patrice Mandin
Atari User
Atari User

Searching for vt52fix.prg

Post by Patrice Mandin »

Hello,

I just noticed there were some bugs in Falcon VT52 emulator (after 15 years :)), and for example the vt52 demo http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=13060 does not show anything on Falcon.

Thomas Binder (Thing author) did the small vt52fix.prg program, and so I would like to try it, but can not find it.

So if anyone has any link or info where I could find it (or any other similar program that patches Falcon VT52 emulator), thanks.
Linux and Atari coder
Development tools, games
Patrice Mandin
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Searching for vt52fix.prg

Post by Patrice Mandin »

Problem solved!

VT52 emulation was rewritten for CT60 (the code is in Flash), however there was a bug when changing the background color in 1.03c firmware, and it is fixed in 1.04. I backported the bugfix to 1.03c, and it's ok now :D (the new 1.03c firmware is available on my site).
Linux and Atari coder
Development tools, games
[ProToS]

Post by [ProToS] »

thanks for sharing this info
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook
Patrice Mandin
Atari User
Atari User

Post by Patrice Mandin »

Just a note for people interested:

Changing background color for text in TOS 4 works, but only in True Color mode. While disassembling the TOS for this VT52 routine, I understood why.
Atari added extra Line-A variables for True Colour mode at offsets $b0e and $b0a; at a different place than the ones for bitplanes modes which are at offsets -$24 (foreground color) and -$26 (background color).
When you change the background color, the TOS only changes the ones for True Colour mode, but Atari forgot to change the ones for bitplanes modes.
Linux and Atari coder
Development tools, games

Return to “Professionals”