Can anyone 3D print a TT HDD cover for me please. Happy to pay

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], moondog/.tSCc., lp, Moderator Team

thesofa2
Atari freak
Atari freak

Can anyone 3D print a TT HDD cover for me please. Happy to pay

Post by thesofa2 »

I wish to do some mods to my TT030 but I am unwilling to hack the case any more than I have to so please can somebody 3D print a TT HDD cover for me? Happy to pay for time and all materials. i live in the UK.
TT030 with Storm with 256 Mb Ram, Thunder with a CF drive and Lightning, HxC floppy emulator and one of Codekiller's magical Mono/Colour switchers, 1040 STE, also 3 STS one has TOS1.0 AND 2.06 switchable with an HD drive, the other two are untested as yet, just bought for spares!!
RealLarry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Can anyone 3D print a TT HDD cover for me please. Happy to pay

Post by RealLarry »

I've made a HDD cover just some weeks ago. It's based on this https://www.tinkercad.com/things/h6diQsjfi4i cover and modded for a DeLock 91624 CF adaptor and the Lightning addon: https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php/t ... #msg257331

If you need the "original" closed cover, just gimme a message and I'll upload a model for you. Maybe you'll find a friend close to you in the UK with a 3D printer with a bigger printer bed as the cover is "oversized" for normal printer's beds. I had to ask my neighbor as my printer's bed is to small for that model.
And if you're total lost I could ask him to print another one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it 'cause of shipping costs and maybe customs to beam this baby from Germany to the UK.
On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
thesofa2
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by thesofa2 »

Thank you, now all i need is someone with a 3D printer!!
TT030 with Storm with 256 Mb Ram, Thunder with a CF drive and Lightning, HxC floppy emulator and one of Codekiller's magical Mono/Colour switchers, 1040 STE, also 3 STS one has TOS1.0 AND 2.06 switchable with an HD drive, the other two are untested as yet, just bought for spares!!
mpattonm
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by mpattonm »

Let me see the STL, maybe I could help.
troed
Atari God
Atari God

Post by troed »

If we can get it in a well known CAD format also it would help. We would all need to split it differently to fit our printers I think. (Ultimaker 2 here - it's just outside of what I can print in one piece)

/Troed
RealLarry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by RealLarry »

troed wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:53 pm If we can get it in a well known CAD format also it would help. We would all need to split it differently to fit our printers I think. (Ultimaker 2 here - it's just outside of what I can print in one piece)
The original author of this case has used Tinkercad https://www.tinkercad.com/things/h6diQsjfi4i. To modify the model I have used OpenSCAD to import the STL model and "glued" the needed parts and holes to it. Was a somewhat easy task, fumbling, but solveable by a novice like I am. FreeCAD and Blender can import STL files also, albeit this isn't a really a CAD approach. But better this than nothing and I'm very happy with my (OpenSCAD) result.
On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.

Return to “Professionals”