JOY - a new Falcon030 demo from New Beat

All about demos on the Falcon, TT & clones

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

dhedberg
Atari God
Atari God

Re: JOY - a new Falcon030 demo from New Beat

Post by dhedberg »

A CT60 compatible version of JOY is cooking... may contain one or two surprises as well. :wink:
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org.
Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo It's that time of the year again, or click here to feel the JOY.
marss
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by marss »

Thanks.
Exited ;)
MacFalcon
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by MacFalcon »

Sounds great :)
Falcon060, 100/25 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, PhantomPBS, CTPCI with Radeon, USB and Network Card. atari rulez!
bearsoft
Retro freak
Retro freak

Post by bearsoft »

Nice demo!:)
LaceySnr
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by LaceySnr »

I only just noticed all the updates to this thread! I might have to do some experiements with my machine and it's PSU, see if I can't get it running :) Will post any findings!
LaceySnr
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by LaceySnr »

So left my Falcon on for a good hour or two while stuck on conference calls and ran the demo at the end of the call... it almost made it all the way through, so I guess it does just need to warm up. These old birds sure are getting finicky.
Joelolsen
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Joelolsen »

dhedberg wrote:A CT60 compatible version of JOY is cooking... may contain one or two surprises as well. :wink:
Awesome, can’t wait to see it!!
dhedberg
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dhedberg »

For everyone subscribing to this topic, a bug fixed and 060 compatible version of JOY has been released:
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=81750

If you experienced crashes or other issues with the demo (or if you want to be able to run the demo in 060 mode), you may want to try the new version.
Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo It's that time of the year again, or click here to feel the JOY.
CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Post by CiH »

Out of interest, what where the 'surprises' planned for the 060 version and are these likely to surface in a future production?
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"
dhedberg
Atari God
Atari God

Post by dhedberg »

CiH wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:02 pm Out of interest, what where the 'surprises' planned for the 060 version and are these likely to surface in a future production?
I had several ideas, one was to turn the flat shaded polygons into gouraud shaded ones, another was to use the bitplanes in a different way to free some for additional effects in front of, or behind, the existing effects. All of my ideas would however require quite a lot of work and I eventually decided that that time would be better invested in a new demo where I design and implement the effects with the 060 in mind already from day 1. With that said, I still have a few ideas that would require a little bit less of time, so there's still a possibility that there will be an 060 enhanced version of JOY. :-)

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Demos”