ACSPro Linker Error

GFA, ASM, STOS, ...

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

ACSPro Linker Error

Post by TheNameOfTheGame »

I am trying to compile and link the example from the ACSPro hypertext.

It compiles ok but the linker fails with some errors:
acsexample.png
Can someone offer any insight on what is going on here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Re: ACSPro Linker Error

Post by ThorstenOtto »

Never used ACS really, but the symbols are both defined in the acs.lib that i have. However, i only found an old version of that hello example, and can't even compile it. Maybe the example is just outdated, and does not match the library?

Edit: after some hacking, got it compiled (hello.c needed to include acsplus.h, and the project file was missing acsplus.lib, pctoslib and pclnalib). It now compiles and links, but crashes when i run it.
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Yes, I see the symbols also in the LIB files. This is using ASCPro v3.00 and its PureC LIB and Include files.

For compiling I had to replace PureC's TOS.H, AES.H and VDI.H with the ones from the ACSPro file archive and then it compiled fine. I didn't need pclnalib in the project file.

I sent Martin a twitter message, so I need to hear from him I think. I don't understand this one.
TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Ok, thanks to Thorsten for the suggestion I added in ACSMOD01.LIB and PCFLTLIB.LIB to the PureC PRJ file and now it builds clean!

The example from the hypertext was based on v2.3.4 of ASCSPro so some changes needed to be made to get it to work on 3.0.0.

Return to “Coding”