ACSI 2 SD

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

olivierg
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

ACSI 2 SD

Post by olivierg »

Hello everyone,

I did not find a topic about this project on the forum.
Has anyone used this product?
https://www.eltradec.eu/index.php/en/project-acsi2sd-en

I cannot program a blank IC. I have the impression that it is the program that I program and not the target, after that I can no longer connect to the programmer (kitprog).

Thanks
Olivier

Ps: I found this project similar but simpler and cheaper: https://github.com/retro16/acsi2stm
TT030 4/32 TOS 3.06 SCSI2SD 5.x HD, Mega STE 4Mb TOS 2.06 DD, Mega ST4 DD miniCosmosEX, Mega ST2 DD, 1040 STE DD, 2 x 1040STFM DD, 2 x 1040STF, MegaFile 30, Lynx 1
DoG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: ACSI 2 SD

Post by DoG »

How much does it differ from satandisk?
tzok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by tzok »

I haven't heard about the one on Cypress SoC, but I've seen the one on STM32 - it is a pity, that it was done on the Arduino IDE, as it has no support for DMA.
wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by wietze »

I'd be interested in one of those acsi2sd; incase you decide to start making them!
tin

Post by tin »

I got one of those eltradec ACSI2SD - this one https://www.eltradec.eu/index.php/en/w/7914 to be precise.

It is very easy to solder (just one or two smd resistors). Be aware that some sturdy, thick wire is needed (not in the kit) to attach the ACSI connector (the only thing to do that‘s a bit fiddly).

Performance is very good, it‘s a tad faster (a bit over 1MB/s) than any of my CE‘s. I think that‘s the peek performance the ST DMA can deliver.
tzok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by tzok »

The peak performance DMA can deliver is about 1.8MB/s and it is possible to achieve with P. Putnik's ACSI CF interface (yet, it doesn't support autoboot).
2020-07-30 21.11.51.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olivierg

Post by olivierg »

I redone the PCB, to have all the components on the same side and used a stencil to solder.

It seemed to me to have less component than ultrasatan. I don't know if it's faster or slower.

I saw a topic on the German forum, but I dare not ask the question in English.
https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php/t ... 964.0.html

Thanks
TT030 4/32 TOS 3.06 SCSI2SD 5.x HD, Mega STE 4Mb TOS 2.06 DD, Mega ST4 DD miniCosmosEX, Mega ST2 DD, 1040 STE DD, 2 x 1040STFM DD, 2 x 1040STF, MegaFile 30, Lynx 1
wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by wietze »

I dont know how reliable the tool is but; with CE I get these results:
olivierg

Post by olivierg »

wietze wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 am I dont know how reliable the tool is but; with CE I get these results:
I use the same tools, it's just for compar.

But CE (CosmosEx) i many expensive for users who just want a 'hard drive'.
You know me, I'm looking for not too expensive solutions (And again, this week, I recommend a smallymouse, but the person found it expensive (extreme case)), to bring life back to ATARI machines, if it becomes too expensive, the old user stops and the community disappears.

If this project offers slightly lower performance than CE, it is not important if the price is affordable (max 40 euro, assembed with case).

For reply Dog:
I do not know the performance of Satandisk. But having 2 ICs to program is already boring, more work on my side.

olivier
olivierg

Post by olivierg »

To come back to my initial question, I think I understood why I cannot program new PSOCs, the kitprog is limited to PSOCs already with a bootloader, which is not the case with blank ICs. you need another programmer 'miniprog' and do it in JTAG. On the PCB there are 2 types of connections for the 2 types of programmer, it is not for nothing.

I redo the PCB with the JTAG ....

Thanks
Olivier

Return to “Hardware”