NetUSBee USB drivers package v5

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers package v5

Post by Rustynutt »

Bikerbob wrote:So I found the Github https://github.com/anodynesoftware/netusbee

Found Roger Burrows. I dont find him on the forums etc. I have sent email? Fingers crossed.

James
Roger likes to talk over the phone :)
Perdrix24
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by Perdrix24 »

artik-wroc wrote:Is it possible for the keyboard / mouse set to work on a single USB receiver?
The device whose driver will be the first to load is currently working. I only checked two sets (Lightning ST), so maybe someone has one that works.
The Logitech Unifying receiver works fine with both wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse.
guitargodmiles
Atarian
Atarian

Post by guitargodmiles »

Hello, I was able to get my network transfers in a breeze to my atari falcon 30. Now I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with getting the USB storage to work.

I got all drivers installing correctly now using Xboot so I can choose the order as stated in readme.txt. Still, I can't seem to get my usb storage to mount although it is still viewable as a device in usb device manager. I'm guessing it's format and partition size are still incorrect. These are things I wish would be in the documentation for netUSBee. This is my first Atari and I am learning. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Galvez »

guitargodmiles wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 pm Hello, I was able to get my network transfers in a breeze to my atari falcon 30. Now I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with getting the USB storage to work.

I got all drivers installing correctly now using Xboot so I can choose the order as stated in readme.txt. Still, I can't seem to get my usb storage to mount although it is still viewable as a device in usb device manager. I'm guessing it's format and partition size are still incorrect. These are things I wish would be in the documentation for netUSBee. This is my first Atari and I am learning. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Read STORAGE.TXT in the "DOC" directory from the driver's package.
stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by stormy »

guitargodmiles wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:57 pm Hello, I was able to get my network transfers in a breeze to my atari falcon 30. Now I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong with getting the USB storage to work.

& I also responded to you in Facebook saying you need to partition with 512mb partitions in FAT16. I noticed you said Falcon, so you can use 1024mb partitions if you like. I recommend to use an Atari partitioner (ICD, HDDriver or PP Driver) or Linux.
But yes also read STORAGE.txt as Galvez says.
Falcon CT60e 060 - 256mb ram - Phantom bus and DSP accelerated // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - ATI Mach64 2mb
Perdrix24

Post by Perdrix24 »

There's a more recent v6 version: https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... 54#p403054

Perhaps I should have named that topic "NetUSBee USB drivers package v6". Can anyone rename it?
savagery
Retro freak
Retro freak

Post by savagery »

Hi. I installed the netusbee dirver. Usb mouse is working but when open any applications( etc. Protracker, deluxepaint ) mouse not working. Freezes. What could be the problem?
Thanks in advance.
DoG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by DoG »

savagery wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 pm ...Usb mouse is working but when open any applications( etc. Protracker, deluxepaint ) mouse not working. Freezes. What could be the problem?
Those programs probably uses their own mouse call routine. The tablet usb driver has Deluxe Paint among the drawing programs that don't work and the same probably goes for the normal mouse driver.
viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by viking272 »

Just interested in what the way forward for those apps to recognise the USB mouse devices, would they need to be patched?
Perdrix24

Post by Perdrix24 »

DoG wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:47 pm
savagery wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 pm ...Usb mouse is working but when open any applications( etc. Protracker, deluxepaint ) mouse not working. Freezes. What could be the problem?
Those programs probably uses their own mouse call routine. The tablet usb driver has Deluxe Paint among the drawing programs that don't work and the same probably goes for the normal mouse driver.
Exactly. Generally, the mouse and tablet work with GEM programs.

Return to “Hardware”