Making floppy images for use with Gotek?

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

galvatron1983
Atari freak
Atari freak

Making floppy images for use with Gotek?

Post by galvatron1983 »

Hi there,

There are some useful apps that I want to use on my 1040STE with a gotek installed. I have .prg files for the apps on my PC so Im thinking the best way to get these onto my ST is to add them to a .st floppy disk image thats created using Hatari or something? Anyone have any advice on how to do this or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks!
MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Making floppy images for use with Gotek?

Post by MiggyMog »

Put prgs in a folder and make that folder your hard drive via Atari or Steam. Both emulators can create a blank disk image which you mount as whichever drive . Drag files onto drive. Rename disk image. Drag to flash drive for gotek.
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.
Jeff_HxC2001
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Jeff_HxC2001 »

galvatron1983 wrote:Hi there,

There are some useful apps that I want to use on my 1040STE with a gotek installed. I have .prg files for the apps on my PC so Im thinking the best way to get these onto my ST is to add them to a .st floppy disk image thats created using Hatari or something? Anyone have any advice on how to do this or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks!
The HxC Firmware for Gotek is now able to mount your files (prg or other) automatically in a floppy image. You have just to copy them in a folder on the stick. No need to use emulator software.
To update your firmware : https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

Otherwise you can use the HxC software to create blank DOS/Atari image and drag&drop your files. This can be also scripted with the command line version.
(Disk Browser button) : https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... t_beta.zip
galvatron1983
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by galvatron1983 »

Thanks guys, I used Hatari and got the app I needed onto a floppy image, worked perfect on my gotek!

Return to “Hardware”