Satandisk problems

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

mib5150
Atari freak
Atari freak

Satandisk problems

Post by mib5150 »

I tried to find anything regarding this problem by searching the forum with no luck so here we go:

I have a Satandisk connected to my TOS1.02 1040STFM and before it worked perfectly, but now this week it has just acted strange.

At first I had to first start the Atari with a AHDI-disk inserted so it autoloaded some sort of hddriver, after that I resetted without the disk and it booted from the Satandisk. No problems.

Yesterday that solution didn't work at all. I even tried to start the Atari with HDDriver 7.8 and boot from it... It found the Satandisk and the SD-card (256Mb) - but no partitions!

Very weird! Any thoughts? Or even better: Any solutions? ;)
DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Satandisk problems

Post by DarkLord »

TOS 1.2 is very dodgy...

I'd upgrade to at least TOS 1.4 before I tried anything else...

Just a thought...
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520
Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by Jookie »

mib5150 wrote:Yesterday that solution didn't work at all. I even tried to start the Atari with HDDriver 7.8 and boot from it... It found the Satandisk and the SD-card (256Mb) - but no partitions!
You might have just experienced the 'partition loss after reset' issue. You might:
- download this archive: http://joo.kie.sk/satandisk/popsels-doku.rar
- open the 'Popsels SatanDisk doku v3.1.pdf' file inside
- on page 2 find the R4 (marked as OPTIONAL POWER OFF fix rezistor)
- and then add it to your SatanDisk (if you don't have it there already)

This might help you on the partition loss problem (it that's what happened to you).
mib5150
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by mib5150 »

Unfortunately, my Satandisk is older than 3.1.... my serial number is M1-124 and the date on the PCB is 2007-01-13.

Back to square one. :-/

But thanks anyhow! :)

/ Lars
Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by Jookie »

mib5150 wrote:Unfortunately, my Satandisk is older than 3.1.... my serial number is M1-124 and the date on the PCB is 2007-01-13.
Well, that doesn't matter - the version is probably something that Popsel added, but mostly it's the same as I made some years ago. You just need to add the 10k rezistor between +3.3V and the pin on XILINX, that's the complete fix. It will probably fix what you have probably experienced.
mib5150
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by mib5150 »

Ok. Problem solved in a passive and weird way. :)

Scared as I was that the Satandisk itself was damaged I tried it in my STE - no problems.

Out of curiosity I moved the Ultrasatan to the 1040STFM instead. Still not working.

Maybe it is dysfunctional - being 23 years old and all, so I dug up an old 520STM (expanded to 2.5Mb!) and started up a new SD-card with formatting and partitioning and all.

It worked! :)

So, now I plan to use the 520STM instead - without floppydrive. :) I bought STalker 3 last NAS so I will do some experiments with networking and getting files to the 520 from the STE that way!

Thanks for all help, tho! It is appreciated!

Return to “Hardware”