ultrasatan partitioning problem

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

pop
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

ultrasatan partitioning problem

Post by pop »

HI,I have a problem partitioning 1 gig sandisk sd card,using hd driver i format the card and get to the point of choose how many partitions and size in fact i use the split option and all appears to go well,but when i initialise the partitions i am presented with 4 partitions of i gig each,remember i am using a 1 gig card.Consequently the eventual outcome is a single C partition of 1 gig......any suggestions?Am using ste with ultrsatan which previously partitioned correctly 512mb card,single partition tos/dos compatibility when using original satandisk
Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: ultrasatan partitioning problem

Post by Jookie »

Hello,
you should try to input the partition size manualy... So when your 1 GB card has ~950 MB, you should try to manualy enter 4 partitions of 220 MB and see what it does, and if there still will be some trouble, you should try 4 partitions of 120 MB (little bit less than 128 MB) and see the result.

What is your machine type, memory size, TOS version and HDDRIVER version?
Frank B
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Frank B »

pop wrote:HI,I have a problem partitioning 1 gig sandisk sd card,using hd driver i format the card and get to the point of choose how many partitions and size in fact i use the split option and all appears to go well,but when i initialise the partitions i am presented with 4 partitions of i gig each,remember i am using a 1 gig card.Consequently the eventual outcome is a single C partition of 1 gig......any suggestions?Am using ste with ultrsatan which previously partitioned correctly 512mb card,single partition tos/dos compatibility when using original satandisk
Remember and set the ICD scsi option. Without this you are limited to 1 gig cards. Hope this helps.
I also couldn't partiion a card without the two slots filled which threw me for a bit!

Frank
pop
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by pop »

What is your machine type, memory size, TOS version and HDDRIVER version?
Hi,am using 4 mb ste,tos 1.62,hd driver 8.13.Have had no luck even with your suggestions,whatever size i make the partitions.When i switch the ste back on to initialise the partitions bootup shows the 4 partitions c,d,e,f but when i try to initialise them it shows them all as 968mb each [1 gig sandisk card].I have tried it on my other ste and with original satandisk and 2 1gb cards all with the same result.The one thing that is common to all this is hd driver,anyone got a version i can try?
DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by DrCoolZic »

You do not need to format and you do not need to initialize :)

If you have HDD 8.x
goto settings -> SCSI drivers : select ICD compatible adapter, Fasc SCSI, SCSI reset on error
goto settings -> devices .... : select id 0.0 to 0.7
REBOOT

For 4 TOS partittions:
goto harddisk -> partition: Should now see you 1GB disk with correct size there (otherwise you are in trouble)
select split 4 should see 4 less than 250 MB partitions
Select compatibility: Check radio button TOS
in partition window click OK ... partitioning must go on
REBOOT your system after
during reboot should now see 4 x 256 partitions
normally no need to init partitions (you can but be sure to reboot each time you init a partition :( )
you can also make c bootable

If you want more detail just read my doc here http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 27#p158692 and go directly to section 4.4
pop
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by pop »

OK,everything is now working fine,i have 4 partitions of correct size and that doc is a work of art! really superb.Thanks for all the replies :D

One strange thing though hd driver reports tos as 1.98?
NikiforosST
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by NikiforosST »

Hi! i have ultrasatan disk and i am working with 4gb microSD to SD adaptor. With ICD pro driver i have no problems, today i have hddriver and i cant do it to work well. Shows my card with C partition only with 16MB, and nothing else! manual is from jookie site here : http://joo.kie.sk/ultrasatan/hddriver/
Windows or linux can't see my memory card why? i want hddriver for this reason!
My system is Atari 1040stfm with 1MB ram, HDDriver 8.23, Utrasatan disk with microSD 4GB with SD adapter and TOS 1.02.
Because i have TOS 1.02 partitions must be under 256mb each one, but still to see only first of theses which is 16MB. :oops: :oops: :oops:
i want to ask, how i can format the memory card again to work on a pc? windows and linux can't see my card because is formated on my atari!

And a video from my system with good sound:P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTh10ArGAw0
Jookie
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by Jookie »

NikiforosST, was the card partitioned with ICD Pro and now you are using HDDRIVER with it? I didn't try that but you might try to partition it with HDDRIVER instead and then use it with HDDRIVER (only). With HDDRIVER and its TOS&DOS compatibility you will be able to see only 1 partition on PC. There are some guides available here somewhere (on the forum) or here: http://joo.kie.sk/ultrasatan/tosdos/

Other guys may have better answers than I currently offer ;)
NikiforosST

Post by NikiforosST »

Unfortunatelly i can't make it play right! i have TOS 1.02 and the card is 4GB, this is maybe the cause? ICD pro works very well with 4gb in one partition! but windows/linux pc can't see my memory card! that's the reason that i bought the hddriver. Basically i can't install the driver in the memory card,i don't know why, because i have TOS 1.02 partition must be max 256mb right ? :oops: :oops: :oops:

If i put in the compatibility options ΤΟS & windows compined then i cant install HDDdriver because there is no partition to install it!!!! if i put here the TOS 1.00/1.02 compability the partition is there and i can install the driver but windows/linux pc can't see my memory card!!!! why this happens? is because i have TOS 1.02 and it has limitations?
Can i have TOS and windows compability on TOS 1.02 or not? if i can't then hddriver isn't usufull for me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
firyembers

Post by firyembers »

I had forgotten I bought one these,and it appeared in a hidden box,anyway read all the info here and on the site,followed the well written instructions about an hour or two and installed,partitioned a 4gb card with ICD 6.5.5 updated the firmware,it was on the base firmware as received,set the id numbers so I could also boot off the original setup,set the clock and running well on a 1040 ste with 4mb ram and tos 2.06
Just sorting an atariWin card and happy days transfer bother over.
Well impressed with ease of being found and set..
A very nice addition.
Thank you Jookie,your work is appreciated

Return to “Hardware”