List of currently manufactured/available add-ons for Ataris

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

ppera

List of currently manufactured/available add-ons for Ataris

Post by ppera »

This is attempt to make some things more clear for forum members and visitors.

Don't write here about what is on E-bay, what is on sites where nobody responds to mails and similar. Only living projects, orderable. Buyable in MediaMarkt :lol: .

I know about: NETUS-Bee
PeST
There are some floppy emulators announced, but I don't know are them orderable now.
Satandisk is not available at moment (?)

It would be good if people which bought items could write some impressions, features...
Shockwav3
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Shockwav3 »

tuxie from atari-home.de is going to produce a batch of Eiffel 3 interfaces. He's currently redesigning the board and will announce when he's going to get the PCBs etched.
Same goes for a HD floppy module (just needs to be etched).

Can I haz hardware?
ppera

Post by ppera »

Correction:

NetUS Bee is not under production - it waits for someone. Docs are published for free.
This surprises me a bit. Is count of interested people so low? Or it was too expensive? Or lack of drivers, especially USB ones?

I see many demands for diverse HW add-ons, but it looks that when we have something, it is not good enough...
What is wrong here?
PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by PaulB »

Well I want one so if someone will make one for me I will gladly pay them cash and money.
Shockwav3
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Shockwav3 »

65 pounds for a NetusBee is quite expensive in my eyes, when you can build your own EtherNEC for roughly 15 pounds. The USB ports are definitely a nice gimmick, but nothing more than that.

Can I haz hardware?
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

http://www.aqtq39.dsl.pipex.com/144/HD4.htm

Still a few pcbs left. I do not plan a new pcb run. Though when I have time I will make the files public. I am not sure if I still have the pcb design files but there is a clear image of them on my site. Diagrams etc will be put up online hopefully in the new year.

Chris
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I will add that the PeST I bought from Techie Alison was and still is just the job 8O
Does exactly what it is designed to do, you plug in your USB mouse and it works perfectly with your (Mega)ST(E) :)
Plus, I got a nice hand written "with regards" note from Aly signed with a kissy, which I will treasure forever Yellow_Colorz_PDT_08
Shockwav3
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Shockwav3 »

RetroGamerUK wrote:I will add that the PeST I bought from Techie Alison was and still is just the job 8O
Does exactly what it is designed to do, you plug in your USB mouse and it works perfectly with your (Mega)ST(E) :)
Plus, I got a nice hand written "with regards" note from Aly signed with a kissy, which I will treasure forever Yellow_Colorz_PDT_08
I ate a pizza today, it was tasty.

Can I haz hardware?
stimpy
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by stimpy »

It's purely a time thing, it takes me quite a bit of time to manufacture NETUS-Bee, and I have important things like Univeristy to concentrate on.

Demand is there, of course you can make etherNEC for little, but try finding bulk of ISA network cards with RTL8019AS onboard.

Perhaps if I was to get them soldered at a manufactures it would save a lot of time, but I've never done this before and I don't know if they do small runs like that. It gets pretty boring hand soldering stuff.
Netus-Bee,Repairs,Upgrades,EtherNEC,Eiffel
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

RetroGamerUK wrote:I will add that the PeST I bought from Techie Alison was and still is just the job 8O
Aly sends me loads of cool stuff so there 8) I never got a written letter though, I guess the phone is easier to use 8)

:)
Shockwav3
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Shockwav3 »

Before you keep going on posting nothing related to the original thread, please unload yourself using below picture.

Can I haz hardware?
exxos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by exxos »

at least it was not me who downgraded the thread this time...... or was it... hmm
techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Post by techie_alison »

They're not my boobs.

Mine are much perter than that. And my Atari STs are cleaner.
techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Post by techie_alison »

Too late. You missed it! And there was me thinking that somebody might be interested.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Re: List of currently manufactured/available add-ons for Ata

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Shockwav3 wrote:Before you keep going on posting nothing related to the original thread
Gee, I hope you don't mean me :oops:

I read Ppera's request and I quote:
ppera wrote:It would be good if people which bought items could write some impressions, features...

I took this to mean that I could comment on the piece of hardware that I had bought, but you surely know this, but just in case.. :wink: see I am English and as such am not that good with other more common variants of the Language.

However I do concede that my tale about the nice hand written letter was not entirely on topic so if you are a moderator Shockwav3 then I apologize, otherwise - kiss my arse! (and that's swearing in case you misunderstood that too) :D

Now that's cleared up I would like to commend you on that pic of that fine lady with the ST and I must agree that those are not Aly's, so who's are they? :P
And yes, it does indeed look like someone has already unloaded something, but on the ST strangely.... :?
unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Post by unseenmenace »

techie_alison wrote:Too late. You missed it! And there was me thinking that somebody might be interested.
I am interested, darn! :)
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com
techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Post by techie_alison »

Well here's a little picture then. You certainly did miss that last night. Exxos is the only one with the original...
Last edited by techie_alison on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Post by unseenmenace »

techie_alison wrote:Well here's a little picture then. You certainly did miss that last night. Exxos is the only one with the original...
Thanks muchly Aly :)
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com
bripilot
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by bripilot »

techie_alison wrote:Well here's a little picture then. You certainly did miss that last night. Exxos is the only one with the original...
Perhaps we could get a bit larger copy... say desktop size?
Atarian since 1980

STs: 1040STfm, Falcon 030 w/ 14MB, 10GB internal HD and BlowUp graphics adapter
8bits: 800XL w/ 32-in-1 OS and Supervideo 2.1 Upgrade, Happy 1050, APE (Registered), Commodore 1702 Monitor and PC storage unit

Wish list: MegaSTE, 130XE, 65XEGS
Shockwav3
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Shockwav3 »

Great thing you're not taking this personal Aly :)
But yes, I was targeting you, RetroLamerUK

But to stop the shitfest and get back on topic ... along with the Eiffel and HD Module, tuxie from atari-home is currently redesigning the Nemesis (Falcon bus speeder), along with the clockpatch and a simple, optional CPU speeder like an improved version of the Skunk/BlowUp all on 1 board. I have seen a 3d rendering of the first revision (which doesn't include the speeder yet), so it should be ready in the next 3 months.

Can I haz hardware?
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

Glad to know I'm not paranoid :o thanks for the recognition :wink:
I just realized where you got that photo from Shockwav3, I came across one just like it in a calendar recently on a visit to my old mate Muguk in Warrington, England, UK.
He claimed to have got it from one of his trips to mainland Europe, I forget which, anyway, it was definitely the sort of calendar one would hang either in the workshop, toilet or office :)

Yeah anyway, back on topic, so them PeSTs are the dog's [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_12.gif]
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

Hmmm .. wondering whether to mod this thread or not. Teach me to be half-awake when pictures of semi-naked ladies are posted.

And that calendar is genuine .. was bought from the Evoke festival back in September or so this year. Well worth the 10Euros (as Retrogamer can testify!).
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Post by RetroGamerUK »

I agree, posting undersized images is against the rules! :x
Shockwav3
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Shockwav3 »

muguk wrote:And that calendar is genuine .. was bought from the Evoke festival back in September or so this year. Well worth the 10Euros (as Retrogamer can testify!).
No way ... some of the girls shown aren't the prettiest and the 2006 edition definitely didn't feature any atari machines :(
The 2008 edition seems to feature better models, yet once again 4 commodore and some obscure machines and no atari :(

Can I haz hardware?
Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mug UK »

It passed the Retrogamer first test (there was semi-clad ladies) but failed the next one (they kept stuff covered up) ;-)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Return to “Hardware”