Wedit 1.1

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

g4ugm
Atarian
Atarian

Wedit 1.1

Post by g4ugm »

Well folks. I dragged my STE off the shelf, cried because its IDEAL IDE hard disk had died, replaced it with a CF card, popped in a GOTEK with flash floppy and started to reload the software. I found I was using WEDIT with Gemini. I like it but would like to make a few tweaks. I see its shareware, so no source. I wonder if its author is still around or if any one has the source...
ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Wedit 1.1

Post by ThorstenOtto »

IIRC it was done by Eero, and he's still around. I think the sources were available at some time, but i currently can't find them.

Isn't QED sufficient?
g4ugm
Atarian
Atarian

Post by g4ugm »

Never tried QED, its probably OK. I also have Micro Emacs which I have been mostly using . Was interested in WEDIT because its modeled on XEDIT a mainframe editor and I still use XEDIT on a Mainframe from time to time. The Readme I have says Roland Waldi, Karlsruhe but of course the e-mails are Bitnet...
ThorstenOtto
Atari God
Atari God

Post by ThorstenOtto »

We all have our habits... i too use MicroEMACS for more than 40 years now ;)
Eero Tamminen
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Post by Eero Tamminen »

Only text editor I was involved a bit more is ME, the (programmable) Mutt Editor (v3), but I think sources for that and v2 can still be found. :-)

The thing for which I would want sources, is Gulam, which implements a scriptable shell, most shell commands *and* a small MicroEmacs version, all in a single 100KB binary...

Return to “Applications”