uip-tool

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: uip-tool

Post by Bikerbob »

I am using a 220w psu on my pak68/3 build, it is 5.00V lots of power 23amp but just 5.00v. I will check the megaSTs and the megaSTE that does get the Netusbee working.. see what their 5v rail puts out.

James
sqward
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by sqward »

susher wrote:. i.e. the cumulative propagation delay through the chips is just too high if the voltage is precisely 5V but sneaks in if slightly higher.
Any chance you could verify that by swapping the chips for LS versions?
agranlund
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by agranlund »

I gave up on the NetUsbee for my accelerated ST as well.
It works fine with the stock 68000 CPU, and it works with the 030 if I clock it with the 8Mhz clock.
Never got it to work when running it at 50 or 32 Mhz though. I suspected maybe it was just hyper sensitive to slight timing deviations but I found out about the ParCP-USB so never bothered investigating the NetUSBee issue any further.
susher

Post by susher »

sqward wrote:
susher wrote:. i.e. the cumulative propagation delay through the chips is just too high if the voltage is precisely 5V but sneaks in if slightly higher.
Any chance you could verify that by swapping the chips for LS versions?
I'm not sure you'd be able to get LS chips in SOIC packages and I wouldn't be confident in removing and replacing such small surface mount devices anyway.
Reylan
Atariator
Atariator

Post by Reylan »

agranlund wrote:I gave up on the NetUsbee for my accelerated ST as well.
It works fine with the stock 68000 CPU, and it works with the 030 if I clock it with the 8Mhz clock.
Never got it to work when running it at 50 or 32 Mhz though. I suspected maybe it was just hyper sensitive to slight timing deviations but I found out about the ParCP-USB so never bothered investigating the NetUSBee issue any further.
What is paracp usb ? I search on Google with no luck...
saulot
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by saulot »

sqward

Post by sqward »

Can I as the moderator to move all Netusbee "support" posts to a separate topic?
8bitguy1
Atari User
Atari User

Post by 8bitguy1 »

susher wrote: on my STE, it will work with the stock power supply but not with the Exxos power supply which has less noise and better voltage control. i.e. the hardware only just about works under the best of conditions.
Wished I'd have known that before I ordered the Exxos Power Supply for my STE. Has anyone else reported this issue?
neanderthal
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by neanderthal »

sqward wrote:Can I as the moderator to move all Netusbee "support" posts to a separate topic?
Yeap,pop it into hardware or something since we are not talking 'Applications' anymore.
JuanPC2020
Atarian
Atarian

Post by JuanPC2020 »

Can you improve it?
for example:
Add Network MIDI driver?
ipMIDI ?
rptMIDI ?

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html
https://nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html
https://hackaday.io/project/156332-pedalino/log/153754-ipmidi

:contract:
:coffe:
sqward wrote: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:25 pm Hello

Some time ago I've started working on a tool that would allow me to quickly upload files over ethernet (netusbee) to my Atari. This was mainly meant to speed up my development iteration but in the end I've decided to add web interface for the benefit of general public. It doesn't require Sting or MiNT. It's a self-contained binary with uIP embedded TCP/IP stack with DHCP. Run it on your Atari and point your PC browser to the IP address you'll see on the Atari screen. As far as I can tell it works on all TOS machines (tested on ST, TT, Falcon and CT60).

It supports drag&drop of files from your PCs desktop.

It's largely unfinished. I'm hoping someone will help me get HTML part to the point it will be a genuinely useful tool.

Code and a binary can be found here:
git repo: https://bitbucket.org/sqward/uip-tools
binary: https://bitbucket.org/sqward/uip-tools/downloads/

Hope someone will find it useful.

uIPtool tutorial

sqward

Post by sqward »

I don't think so. MIDI software for ST has the habit of talking to the hardware directly so there's no way to make any apps work with rtpMidi out of the box. Also, I speculate that the overhead of packet oriented nature of Ethernet would make rtpMidi perform poorly on ST.

Return to “Applications”